Author Topic: South Bass Island  (Read 16529 times)

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
Re: South Bass Island
« Reply #60 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:31 AM »
that is right off the ferry dock (Jet) looking towards the North Northwest. That would be the dock in the summer where you would see the tall ships dock or one of the large research vessels. Near Ladd's as the one poster described

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:54 AM »
Yep I was right !!

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:39 AM »
Sent you a pm. talk to you soon.

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:35 AM »
Did they get the skid steer out of the water yet?  I heard one went thru.

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:13 AM »
Did they get the skid steer out of the water yet?  I heard one went thru.

I read some where else that they got it out !

Offline jumpypib

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:09 PM »
The bite is back. We have been on fire since Sat. morning. Blue and silver #5 is the ticket. Big fishes!
If you jig it they will come!

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 20, 2010, 07:53 AM »
Jump,
Been out of touch lately with my islands buds, what is your ice report over there??

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2010, 04:45 PM »
We flew off the island today with a bucket of pearch and one nice walleye.  There are still a few guys off the west side but they are in pretty close.  We came off the ice yesterday because the ice at the ramp was going south.  Two shanties still were in the down townn harbor.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Have friends that have been fishing off of South Bass since Friday. Have been doing pretty well. Figuered I would let others know so if your planning a trip it should be good. ;)
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:26 AM »
My boys and I along with a friend,  got to PIB friday evening and got set up just before dark.  We caught 6 walleye about 1 mile out toward Rattlesnake, after dark.  Saturday we only caught 9 but sunday we moved out just a few hundred yards south of Rattlesnake and hit our limit.  Thanks Double J for the hot spot tip.  The boys had a blast! 

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #70 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Does anybody have any information on any good affordable guides over on the islands.  I fish on the coastline every year and i dont think we are going to get that shot.  I really love fishing Erie and need some information on people and what all it takes to fish over on the islands.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Yogi

Offline Double J

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Put in Bay ice fisherman
« Reply #71 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Hey Forkzilla,that was a hot bite and a good time!glad you and the boys joined us.you forgot to mention your buddies 10# fish,congrats Frank, she was a real hog,did you measure her?Thanks again for all the hospitality you showed us,and most importantly all the laughs!hope we can do it again soon,fish on,Double J.

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 01, 2010, 01:02 PM »
There are a number of guides fishing on the ice this winter, among them Glen Stevens (419-341-3642), Rob LaPlante (419-341-8859), Bud Gehring (419-285-3615), and John Hageman (419-285-2029).

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:04 PM »
Well Double J I hoped you left a few in the lake. Will be heading over towards your hot spot on Tues/Wed. Hope it's still hot! :o

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 06, 2010, 09:27 AM »
My buddy just called me from the ice near Rattlesnake and said he got the 4 wheeler stuck in slush and could not get it out.  I am glad I decided to stay home, since the bad weather was coming.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 06, 2010, 04:39 PM »
My buddy just called me from the ice near Rattlesnake and said he got the 4 wheeler stuck in slush and could not get it out.  I am glad I decided to stay home, since the bad weather was coming.
Did he say they got pounded with snow or did a crack open up? BTW I hear you have an interesting bar. Double J was quite impressed ::)

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 06, 2010, 06:26 PM »
It did not snow so much up there but a drift was over a crack and the top got slushy.  The bottom of the 4 wheeler was dragging in the slush.  Bud helped him get it out.  I'm glad I stayed home.  Double J liked my bar, Huh?  It is pretty cool, a one of a kind.  I especially like my urinal mounted under the bar.  Cant be too bashful!

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Got back from PIB last night with 9 eyes, with 4 guys, so not too good.  It sucked riding on the ice with the slush banks.  Hard to see, and harder to get out of.

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Feb 26, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Anybody know how things are off S.Bass? I was up there about 4 weeks ago and did really well off the state park(walked out about a half mile). Wondering how the ice and fishing is.Thinking about next week heading up there 1 more time before things come to an end.

Offline p.c.icenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:32 AM »
Anybody know how things are off S.Bass? I was up there about 4 weeks ago and did really well off the state park(walked out about a half mile). Wondering how the ice and fishing is.Thinking about next week heading up there 1 more time before things come to an end.
The guides are going to try to get back out this week . The slush was even worse out there and there was a pond at the end of the ramp no would ride thur .

Offline forkzilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 06, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Got a call from PIB this morning and there are still afew shanties out off the new ice ramp and several people out near Rattlesnake.  I called a friend who is on the ice and he's only caught a few.

Offline p.c.icenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Mar 08, 2010, 08:27 PM »
There was quad that went thur last night in 30 foot of water also. They got the guy out , then Todd went down and hook up the thing and brought it up . The guy was just running the same area they'd been using to go to Rattlesnake .
 Yes , there was guys on the ice today . But there's no hard shacks left . There was only about 10 quads running around and nothing big .
 Rescue at East Harbor tonight .
One went thur at Willard yesterday .

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Mar 09, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Any word on the "rescue" at East Harbor. checked everything local and did not find a thing.

Offline p.c.icenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Check the P.C. paper . It was no big deal . By the time they got there , he had mad it close enough to shore that they could reach him . He was the only one out there . Gee , i wonder why .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.