Author Topic: 1995 pantera at auction What would you bid?  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
1995 pantera at auction What would you bid?
« on: Aug 09, 2019, 08:19 PM »
Hey all.  Looking for some advice.  There is a local auction tomorrow with a 1995 Arctic Cat Pantera listed.  No details other than 722 actual miles.  Pic on the auction bill makes it look brand new.  Thought it would be a good ice fishing sled.  I have no idea what it will go for but thought someone here might give me an idea what it would be worth in fine condition with electric start and reverse.  Not really interested if pull start and no reverse. 

Any ideas??

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1995 pantera at auction What would you bid?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:34 PM »
I would guess it will go for between $1000 and $2500. even at 25 years old sleds here in Minnesota are going for $1000 to $2000 at dealers and even private party sales too. I was looking a 1997 that the one local dealer had listed for $1800 and this had like 1900 miles on it. only draw back to older sleds is that some parts are hard to find should you need them. I was looking for a water pump for my sled and ended up finding one online and jumped at getting it when I found it. I would guess North Dakota will have similar prices on used sleds.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:42 PM »
I would guess it will go for between $1000 and $2500. even at 25 years old sleds here in Minnesota are going for $1000 to $2000 at dealers and even private party sales too. I was looking a 1997 that the one local dealer had listed for $1800 and this had like 1900 miles on it. only draw back to older sleds is that some parts are hard to find should you need them. I was looking for a water pump for my sled and ended up finding one online and jumped at getting it when I found it. I would guess North Dakota will have similar prices on used sleds.
I agree.

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:47 PM »
Well the auction starts at 10:00.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks guys for the responses.  I hope it goes for less but if it looks as good close up as it does in the pic I may give it a shot.  Wish me luck.

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Went for$1,300. Not mine.  >:(

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Good tactic to do on auction if you know it's worth a lest 1000? And starting bid I'd like 50 increments catch then all off guard bid like 1000 right off batt first bid .. if people bid more that's there behind not yours! or like 800 you know it will sell 1800 from a person to person sale but auction you set limit like 1400 etc max the tactic to start off at 1000 some time fools people to stop bidding reason is you jumped higher then really expected and they got to rember ware thrre limits are and they mess up if they catch it driving it over 1800.. could happen  in a bidding war try to stay out of that type of action throw down max you pay minus 100 to 200.. then you got room but not over board if you pass the 100 to 200 plus drop the guy let him keep it.. at auction. It may sell for $150 if you get a really small action big items draw the most attenion..

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2019, 06:55 PM »
I've done that chilly. Get in early and bump it to your max. Keeps a lotta flies off figuring you really want it. Once they bid and bid and bid and you keep on top they don't know where the end is and sometimes drop out early. Another option is to try to snipe at the very end with like 5 seconds left. This only works on eBay as other actual auction sites have a "+10 minutes" on the auction at every new winning bid. Auctions do provoke bidding wars and often people pay more, sometime waaaay more than the item is actually worth.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2019, 11:17 PM »
Zackly

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:20 AM »
sleds are cheap on the fringe of the ice belt....think Nebraska, Iowa, IL

I just saw 3 decent running sleds go for 800 the other day

Catchin' Fish

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Cheap here in Michigan too.i picked up a 1996 arctic cat puma 340 with electric start for $250 a few years back.runs great after i got the water out of the fuel tank.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.