Author Topic: Wauconda Bangs Lake  (Read 2286 times)

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wauconda Bangs Lake
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 06:29 AM »
For those that fish Bangs. Better read this. Just got pricey to put a portable shack out there. Look under news flash. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4scyns5nRAhWCQSYKHTNaDggQFggfMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwauconda-il.gov%2F&usg=AFQjCNFtR90FE1A2puJSZwaB9Y8yQoWbOQ  $25.00 for a season permit that you have to get at the police station.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wauconda Bangs Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:24 AM »
that's robbery.

Offline MYTIME

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Now it cost $25.00 to stay warm on Bangs!  Non ice fisherman came up with this one.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2016, 10:17 AM »
I wrote off bangs a long time ago. This seals the deal

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12:49 PM »
That there is a bunch of crap
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Lol what a joke. They are doing a good job at making sure no one ever fishes this lake again. 10 panfish limit I can see due to the pressure it gets. $25 dollars to put a shanty up? I was considering trying the lake out, but that certainly will not happen now. Does anyone have any insight as to why they decided to do this?

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2016, 02:02 PM »
They claim it is for lake management. Marine unit, stocking etc. I personally think it is because. A once great lake has been pounded for years. Very few times in over 45 years of fishing it. Have i ever seen the IDNR police out there. Let alone a Wauconda Police officer. Checking licenses and fish. I know garbage being left behind and people peeing in the parking areas has caused issues. Mers or Docs Restaurant now a days. Stopped folks from parking there due to this. LVVA has the same issues. Plus once you step into the park there. You are trespassing on private property. Or it just could be that with all the pressure the lake gets. The Village of Wauconda wants to cash in on it. Like Crystal Lake has with Three Oaks. Also there has been talk for decades about making it a private lake. I dont see that happening. Plus if you read how they want you to measure a fish. IDNR measures from tip of nose to end of pinched tail. Wauconda Village code says from tip of nose to y in tail. A legal crappie measured that way would have to be almost a 12 inch fish measured the way IDNR recommends. In order to be a legal 10 inch fish per Village of Wauconda rules. I only fish this lake a few times a year anymore. Mostly because of memory's. I grew up there. Anyhow there are way better lakes and ponds not that far from there.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline LUCCMAN18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2016, 04:03 PM »
Permit is $25.00 for the season  available at the police station.
Shanty must be removed daily.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Yes you are correct. They revised there original position on the fee's. Still it is $25.00 for the season. Everything else still applies. Must be registered at police dept.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:30 PM »
 There is an easy solution to this money grab-only fish on warmer days 70 and up with no or light winds. This lake get pounded harder than Rod in prison ::).  I just see other bodies of water getting more pressure than before now.
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.