Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1626841 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18480 on: Feb 02, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Good day, sunny earlier now sky is cloudy weather guessers calling for light snow later today a dusting to couple inches forecast.
Ice Wanderer whenever the bite was slow one of my fishing buddies would say that is why it is called fishing not catching. MY opinion is sometimes fishing electronics work againest us we know fish are by our bait and it becomes a task of getting them to bite where we might due better if we changed location instead of staying and trying to out smart the fish. Good to read bed room furniture moving went well may all go good with delivery of new bedroom set.
Eddie have a good breakfast with your mom. I understand PETA's comments but hate to see things change this maybe a twist on things but I think seeing a live animal gets some people interested in nature and how our actions affect the world around us. Guess part of the challenge of working at Empire Plaza/capital-government buildings is dealing with all the different activities from school groups,protesters,etc.
Whopper Stopper agree with Wallyworld many outdoor Winter related businesses are suffering this year due to the warmer weather. Best with all of the tree jobs.
Hunts2long I saw a few posts about the snowmobile accident over in the GSLBS thread. Think some folks have a need for speed and get a rush from driving fast and are not as cautious and aware of there surroundings don't understand why someone would ride without a helmet. I forget the world is changing and TV's maybe come a part of history soon got a dose of the modern world the other night when I purchase a wireless mouse to replace the worn out corded mouse on my computer. I had to use the touch screen to decline extended coverage package for sale to complete and then use the touch screen again to indicate i wanted a printed receipt  of the sale. As Bob Dylan sang years ago the times they are a changing.  ::) :whistle:
Wallyworld similar sistuation for me with ice conditions be careful if you venture out especially if the lake/lakes you fish have limited access spots heavy traffic over a limited area of the ice can stress and weaken it's structure leading to cracks.
IFF hope your brother is doing better .Safe travels home from the state of Washington.
Drifter may you feel well enough to attend next Saturday's Hockey Day in Canada events. Have a good time at the alumni game.

A safe and good Sunday to everyone .Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18481 on: Feb 03, 2020, 02:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Congratulations to all the Chiefs fans!   :thumbsup:
  31* and light snow falling, an inch possible before the temps rise to 42 today.

Steve...we certainly see our share of things at the workplace... haven’t seen PETA yet, but the season is early! ;D :thumbsup: 
  Dave...hope you’re feeling a little better today!
  Jeff...good luck with the fishing today, imagine the ice will look like Swiss cheese after the weekend!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...good luck to you and Mr.WW if hitting the ice today!   :icefish:
  Marv...careful with the saws today, hope the job goes well.   :thumbsup:

Way behind again this am, made it to the 3rd quarter before calling it a night. Think the SuperBowl should be played on Saturdays or start at 5pm...going to be rough start for many, lol.  Just missed with my square for the final ..right numbers, wrong teams...that’s my luck!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing! 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18482 on: Feb 03, 2020, 04:42 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

31 dropping to 29 for the afternoon. Temps get cooler as the week goes on.

Eddie best wishes for you and the crew for another safe week. We watched the whole game, can't say it wasn't exciting.

IW best of luck if you get on some ice :icefish:

WW did you find any ice to confront your fears ???

My equipment is ready, waiting on daylight. Actually I can't start before nine.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18483 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:27 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                             It's 29* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                             Eddie...…...Did you stay up for the game, I thought it would have been a closer score, but the Chief's took advantage of some
                mistakes of the 49 er's. :flex:
                             Marv...…….I hope your job goes well this week, maybe the temps will drop so you can get Shamu out again! ???
                             Steve...…..At least with electronics you know fish are there, I remember back when we didn't have them we would stay in one
                spot jigging Lakers hoping one would bite. :unsure:
                             Wally...…..Everyone has their own comfort zone, you go when you feel it's comfortable for you. :)
                             OS...……….Around here there are people around wearing shorts, of course they are going to their car and then right into the store. :blink:
                             Today we have our bedroom furniture being delivered, so I'm at home, waiting while my wife goes to her radiation appointment.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18484 on: Feb 03, 2020, 06:16 AM »
26* and cloudy.
Well, I got to watch the game. After lots of searching we found it on HULU. First we found it in Spanish, we then found the National anthem in sign language. Then the coin toss and the game. Once the game ended, so did the broadcast. I enjoyed the game. Going to have to find out more about HULU, I could tell it is not in HD.

Not much planned for today. Do have to put registration sticker on the wife's car. Right now have to get the garbage out.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18485 on: Feb 03, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Morning all.

H2L....glad you got to watch the game  :thumbsup:

WS.....haven't done any ice recon yet, maybe later this week  :icefish:  hope the job goes well today  :flex: 

Eddie.....seems there's a big push to have superbowl Monday a national day of rest  :woot:

IW....hope the delivery people show up on time  ;)

Picking up the new fridge today  :clap:  not much else going on today except watching what little snow there is melt  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18486 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Thanks Steve, home safe and sound, Got to see KC take the big prize,  Made Janice's day. 

got a day in fishing the Columbia for sturgeon, only to have a sea lion rip it off.  They have a big problem with the Sea Loins being up river like that, no natural predators to keep them in check, Where are the Eskimo's when you need them. 

Well back to the roller coaster weather, 70* yesterday and now going to dive back into single digits and snow.

off to work, have yourself a good day all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18487 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   30* and calm this am, high of 46.

Bud...welcome back! Glad you had safe travels, hope you had a nice visit with your brother.  :clap:  That really sucks a sea lion stole your sturgeon, was it a good sized fish?  :%$#!:
  Wally...this milder weather sure isn’t helping any with the ice conditions. Haven’t read much about Delta lately, will you be checking that out? Congrats on the new fridge!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad you got to watch the game! From what I heard about it, wish I could have seen the 4th quarter. Saw a few pictures of a couple slammer Pike caught on GSL over the weekend, the biggest  one was 42”.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope your wife’s treatment went well yesterday.   :thumbsup:  Congrats on the new furniture, hope the delivery guys did all the moving! Good luck today with the fishing if you and Jon are heading out! 
  Marv...hope all went well with the tree job! Any plans of hitting that lake up north this season for the walleyes?   :thumbsup:

We were back on sidewalks yesterday, pretty routine day, weather was great for that this time of year, lol. There isn’t any sign of frost in the ground where we’re working, I mean none at all.  :cookoo:  I remember an old timer up here in my area once told me that you could judge how much frost was in the ground by comparing how much ice was on the lakes. Not sure how accurate that is, but a couple of ponds I saw in Albany are open water.
  Protesters and lobbyists day today at the workplace...wonder if PETA will be coming?   ;D  Should be interesting....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18488 on: Feb 04, 2020, 04:50 AM »

14 heading to 20 later today. The guessers are preaching measurable snow later in the week.

Eddie glad the weather is conducive for working outside anyway ??? No trips north this year, everything is deep snow and slush.

Bud, welcome back :thumbsup: Hope you found everything good on your return.

WW I am guessing the new fridge is plugged in and on duty.

IW is all the new furniture in place ??? Hope the treatments went well for your wife :thumbsup:

My tree job went good, I woke up stiffer than a board but that will pass. The guy added a few trees so I will be there for another day. The colder weather isn't helping my joints so I am going to hold off for a couple days.

WS

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18489 on: Feb 04, 2020, 04:55 AM »
Waiting on ice again here n northern Indiana. Bummer.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18490 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:23 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....guessers are saying wintry mix Thursday morning followed by 3-9" of snow by Friday evening here  :%$#!:  hope the soreness passes as the day progresses  ;)  the new fridge is purring like a kitten  ;)2

Eddie.....people are fishing Delta and Oneida pretty regularly, just need to get out there I guess  :-\  it would be easier if there weren't reports of inconsistent ice  ::) 

Trophy....welcome  :)  we're all pretty much in the same boat, playing the waiting game   :whistle:

IFF.....sorry the sea lion took your sturgeon  :'(  bet it was a pretty exciting few minutes  :clap:  hope things are ok with your brother  ;)

IW.....good luck on the ice today  :icefish:  hope the fish have settled after the weekend rush  ;)

TT.....hope things are ok in your neck of the woods  :)

Today is haircut and grocery shopping day  ::) 

Have a ood day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18491 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:34 AM »
33* this morning.
Eddie, it's that time of year for the big pike to start showing up. Just hope that most get released.
WW, glad the new fridge is up and running. Not for some "safe" ice so you can fill it up.
IW, your wife has to be nearing the end of her treatments. Sounds like she is doing well.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18492 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:57 AM »
Good morning all. Seems things are good for most. No work today. Woke up in the middle of the night with severe gout attack in left big toe. Been fighting this for several years now. Watch what i consume and stay away from things that will trigger an attack. So who knows why now? Took my meds for it. Can barely walk. To top it all off. My male Rottweiler Atz all 120 lbs of him. Has stepped on it three times this morning! Ouchie ouchie ouchie! He just has to be close to me. So it will be TV and lazy boy today. Take care all. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18493 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:30 PM »
Late morning ER's,  Well my visit to Brother, Nieces, Cousins, was relaxing, and refreshing memory of what and where, and sometimes when.

Steve, not much chance of Brother getting better, guess it was not one stroke, it was too.  Which leaves him without some memory functions. Noticed all together it affects his being able to communicate. 

While being caught up with other family members, all is not very well with my "Favorite" Nephew, which he wished it was not disclosed to all that he has cancer and is being told there is nothing more they can do for him. thinking advanced stages of bone type, and is now in a hospice state of affairs.  :( :(  and being in his early 50's makes it double  :(  :(

Got about 4-5" of real light snow out of this polar plunge.  Might not get above 20* today, but all in all, to little to late for the local perch lake.

See staffing has begun at the old Gander Mt. Store, which is being taken over by Sportsman's Warehouse.  With one of the former Gander Mountain, store Managers, already in place.  Now mulling over if I want to continue with the Full Time income or settle for part time.  :-\ :-\ :-\ ::)

Time for some chicken soup.  Take care all.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18494 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:23 PM »
Good afternoon Bud God Bless your whole family. It's tough hearing and seeing that all at once. Prayers will be said. I had a cousin who got the there's nothing more we can do story and after that went into remission. I'm glad the KC brought smiles to Janice.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18495 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:37 PM »
UGH!!!!
So many people with so many issues. Makes me sad.

You are not alone. My dad is getting long in the tooth and has health issues too.

Makes my stubborn flu seem pale in comparison. Currently waiting in the Dr's office to get looked at. Hopefully they can do something.

Weather is still making ice here.
Currently -22F with -38F wind chill.

Gonna ask the doc to give me the rest of the week off I think.  >:(

Through with the doc. Antibiotics, chest x-ray and the rest of the week off.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18496 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:52 PM »
get well Drifter

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18497 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:43 PM »
IFF.....thoughts and prayers to your brother and nephew, so sad when loved ones are struggling with health issues   :( 
Drifter....thoughts and prayers to your Dad also  :(  hope the doc can get you back on your feet soon  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18498 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:17 PM »
Drifter know how you must feel.  Caught the nasty cough at work, and doing my chicken soup.  Meds and time off sounds like a good idea for you.  Come to think sounds like a good idea for me too.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18499 on: Feb 04, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Good evening another mild weather day here have to check the forecast and see if my area of NY. is going to see any of the Wintry Mix /snow Wallyworld has mentioned.
Eddie hard to believe no signs of frost in the ground assume it makes preparing the ground for the new concrete easier for you and the crew. If any group from PETA was at capital to protest hope they did not get on you masons for disturbing the earthworms and other creatures like moles.  ::)
Whopper Stopper may the stiffness be subsided and you moving easier. Best to you with the remaining work at the tree job.
IceWanderer is all the new furniture in place and hope you got a great first night's sleep in the new bed.
Hunts2long glad you found a way to watch the Supper Bowl. Thank you for mentioning car registration need to ask the garage/used car dealer if they have heard from DMV only temp.sticker on the GMC expires in a couple of days. I was told DMV is back logged because of the folks taking advantage of the Green law.
Wallyworld good to hear the new fridge is in place and working good. Thank you also for the reminder need to get a haircut myself.
IFF glad your safely home .Sorry you lost the sturgeon had to be exciting seeing the sea lion take the fish. May your brother make a recovery from his stroke/strokes and regain some of his memory. Sorry to read about your nephew may his cancer go into remission and he get more time with his family.
UFCreel hope the gout attack ends soon and you are able to keep Atz and your other dogs away from your foot.
Drifter-016 may the antibiotics help you beat the flu and the chest X-ray not show any other problems for you. Hard at times watching the ones you love deal with the problems that come as we /they mature.
Trophytaker1 welcome to the 9:45 thread feel free to post her at any time while the thread has developed a core group of posters always room for more people.  Many of us waiting for or dealing with questionable ice conditions  this ice fishing season.

A good and safe night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18500 on: Feb 05, 2020, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy with some snow flurries falling this am, 30*, 31 for a high here today...mid 30’s down at the workplace.

Bud...so sorry to read about your brother and nephew, my thoughts and prayers are with you all Sir.
  Marv...hope you’re feeling a little better today, good idea taking a couple days off...take a few more if that’s not enough, especially with the snow coming.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...those same fish will be out there come open water season, no need to go out and drill holes unless your comfortable.  :thumbsup:  It’s sure been a screwed up ice season this year.
  Steve...didn’t see any PETA signs yesterday!!   :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave...hope the meds help clearing up that flu, get well soon! Best wishes, thoughts and prayers sent for your Dad.   :thumbsup:
  OG...that was great news on your cousin!   :bow:  How’s that new line you picked up working?
  Jeff...hope the new bedroom set is to your liking! Good luck today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  H2...the 2 Pike in the pictures I saw were both released after measurements and a few pictures.  :thumbsup:   Both caught on big dead suckers...live bait didn’t get any flags I was told.
  UFC...hope things are going better for you today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Trophytaker...welcome to the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Tom, Capt.J, I-45....hope you fellas are doing well.   :thumbsup:

Didn’t get to see all the protesters yesterday, but there was one sizable group we saw there looking for better health care...guess we all could hold a sign for that, no objections here anyway.
  Clock is running out again....Happy Hump Day!   ;D  Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18501 on: Feb 05, 2020, 04:50 AM »

+11 this morning it will have to scratch to make 25 today.

Bud thoughts and prayers for your family, glad you were able to make the trip :thumbsup:

Eddie best to you and the crew today :thumbsup: My parts are firing on all cylinders this morning, no complaints.

UFC hope you are feeling better this morning.

I am going to spend some time in the garage today, I have a couple of projects to get after.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18502 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:22 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                         It's 29* and mostly clear, probably the best day of the week, a mixed bag of precipitation is coming the guessers say. ::)
                         Bud...……..My prayers go out to your brother and nephew. :( I'm sure the family getting together lifted his spirits. :flex:
                         Marv...…...I hope your are feeling better this morning, between fishing and the tree jobs can put a strain on body parts. :o
                         Wally...…..There has to be some ice close to you that is to your liking, but don't push it if there isn't. :flex:
                         UFC...……..I hope you are recovering well today' :thumbsup:
                         Dave...…...I hope you flu has a short life and you get back to doing things. :flex:
                         Steve...…...The new bedroom set is a real addition to our house, I have to o some alterations like moving the TV so the
                mirror can be put on the wall. :blink:
                         Jon amd I went to Bulwagga Bay on Lake Champlain yesterday, I have never been there before. 77 mile trip up there, we
                had good ice, 12" and an easy drag a mile to our fishing spot, and it was a long day. Jon caught this Pike with a pair of grippers
                still in place. the grippers were there so long that it had worn a hole through the bottom jaw. Perche were generally bigger than
                we have caught.

Not fishing today, I'm beat from yesterdays trip.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18503 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:34 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....see on the news last night a big law enforcement crew were in Albant protesting the bail reform bill that just passed  :nono: :callcops: and of course the other side of the coin was also there, crying discrimination   :blink: :wacko: 

WS.....glad you're back to "normal"  today :flex:  :thumbsup:  have fun in the garage  ;)2

IW.....amazing that pike would even bite with the grippers hanging on his face like that  :blink: guess when you're hungry you gotta eat  ;D  get some rest today  ;)

MrC....think most of the northeast is going to be affected by the storm, some with more snow some more rain/freezing rain  :blink: caution will be the word of the day tomorrow for anyone traveling   ;)

UFC.....hope that toe is doing better today, heard gout is one of the worst pains around  :pinch:  :%$#!:

OG.....congrats to your cousin on the remission diagnosis  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

IFF/Drifter.....hope you're both feeling better soon  :)

Taking the truck in today for a couple recalls  :wacko:  guess they never get all the kinks out no matter how long a vehicle has been in production  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18504 on: Feb 05, 2020, 06:45 AM »
28* this morning.
IFF, thoughts and prayers for your brother and nephew.
IW, cool picture of the pike, glad you had a good day on the ice.
Wife broke another tooth, so it is off to the dentist for her this morning. At least they are not teeth in the front of her mouth or she would look like a hillbilly. Another side effect of the meds she has to take.
Watched the SOTU last night and all I can or will say is "WOW".
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18505 on: Feb 05, 2020, 03:59 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, It’s been a while since I was last on ice shanty. My wife is doing well. Her sugars have been good. I had a lumbar puncture at the headache Doctors but his needles were to short. I have to go to the hospital and have one done under floriscopy to have fluid drained. I had a 3rd Botox procedure but that didn’t work. Saw my back surgeon who said my back was unfixable. I haven’t done much other then sit in the dark. Didn’t watch the State of the Union. Thought it might be disgraceful.

Hunts2long, I’m sorry to read about your wife’s tooth. How is she doing? Did they fix her tooth?

WallyWorld, Hope you got the truck recalls all done. Do you have ice? Ice here is very thin.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good your happy with the new bedroom set. Looks like it was a great day on the ice yesterday. Nice Pike.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you got your projects done.

Mason Eddie, Hope there aren’t to many protesters today.

IFF, prayers for your brother and nephew and your family.

I hope everyone had a great day. Will catch up on everyone’s post. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18506 on: Feb 05, 2020, 07:49 PM »
Best wishes and prayers to you 45 :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18507 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:21 PM »
IF45....thoughts and prayers sent your way

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18508 on: Feb 05, 2020, 09:10 PM »
IF45... Thoughts and prayers, along with my best wishes!! Hang in there!!!  :flex: :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18509 on: Feb 06, 2020, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  25* light snow/sleet falling, 1-3” expected, high of 34 today.

I-45...thoughts and prayers sent your way also.  :thumbsup:  Have you seen any other back specialists other than your current Dr.?
  H2... all I will say is I watched it...twice.  ;D
  Wally...I missed seeing that law enforcement group, but that explains all the buses that parked near our work area now! Hope they made their message loud and clear... :clap: :thumbsup:  Is the truck all better?
  Jeff...thanks for sharing the picture and report! Nice bonus for Jon with the grippers still holding on, that’s crazy!  Good luck today if you’re heading out!  :clap: :thumbsup:   My youngest son fished up on Champlain earlier in the week, not certain what bay, but had a good mixed bag.

We’ll be inside on a few small projects today. Set up the apprentice’s learning station again yesterday, so that will be on the free time agenda. He’s still doing well and anxious to get back learning brick/block. Cawfee’s on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.