IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

@ The Cabin 2020/2021 Edition

(1/269) > >>

Drifter_016:
Well the winter is mostly done with the days becoming longer and brighter so it's time to start preparing for this years cabin building exercise. I took a long vacation in December when I went back East to visit with pop and missed all the early ice fishing, so when I got back home in January I spent time working on cabin related projects. The biggest being the body and paint work on my double steel doors that will offer access to the crawl space/basement area.

I got out to the property in January to check out how my place survived over the winter.
Just like I left it but with snow everywhere.  :)

As soon as March rolled around it was time to order up some supplies.
Got my wood order done a couple of weeks ago and it's waiting for me to haul it out to the cabin over Easter.

I also ordered all of my custom windows and expect them to arrive by mid April well before the ice goes out.  :whistle:

I have been out to the cabin the last couple of weeks hauling tools and supplies as well as packing and grooming trail for the heavy work.
I was going to head back out today but it was more important to sleep and watch hockey.   ;)2

Idahogator:
It's really beginning to look "Housey", Dave.      :thumbsup: :clap:

Will it require a HD Umgawa! vehicle to tow that HD heavy loaded trailer out home?       :woot:

Best of luck and thanx fer keepin' us informed.     :bow:

masoneddie:
Can't wait to see what that load of lumber creates Drifter.... :thumbsup:
Nice to see the cabin again.....looking forward to this seasons build Sir!

Whopper Stopper:
Looks Great Dave! :clap: :clap:

Like Eddie, can't wait to see what you do with the lumber :thumbsup:

Here is to a successful and safe year ahead!

WS

ICE WANDERER:

I'm glad to see that your cabin survived the winter, and your preparation to start the build again. Last summer
              you had us glued to the IS to see your progress and I'm sure all of will be waiting to see the progress you make
              as you build. We are all rooting for you and can't wait to see the finished cabin. You're a man with a mission.

IW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version