The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: locked thread  (Read 1848 times)

Offline sturg28

• Team IceShanty Regular
locked thread
« on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Why do threads get locked?

Bullelk34

Re: locked thread
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:52 AM »
I was wondering why that got locked too. Please keep us posted, and I really want to know if you get your gear back.

Offline sturg28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Will do I'm just confused why it got locked

Bullelk34

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:21 AM »
One thing is for sure, there are good and bad mods on every site. You never know if a mod is having a bad day and taking it out on you, or if they saw something they didn't like and locked it as a preemptive action. Either way please let us know you make out-

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:36 PM »
must have been a Democrat Mod  ;D

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2013, 02:18 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline TinaG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Im gonna eat you little fishy"
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Ha ha ;)

Offline yoteslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2013, 02:48 PM »

;D
v/r
Bill

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:56 PM »
i've seen threads get locked before...usually if they think a lynch mob  might be forming...cutting one's hand off..or  when sh..sh..sh..up mentality is forming then they will lock it....i know we are all outraged about the theft..but when one suggests bodily harm to the perps..maybe justified by some...is when they most likely will lock the thread....in todays day and age you cant leave $500 worth of gear in your rig  without a hawk eye on it... sorry it happened.. brutally tough lesson....but some people are pathetic and desperate....hope you get your gear back.....

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Dear Sturg28,
      I am the mod that locked the thread. (I'm sorry it took so long to answer your question but real life gets in the way sometimes.)  I hope you understand why I did it after I explain my reasons.
     The first reason I locked it was because it had multiple profanity laced replies.  As I was trying to remove them, another reply was posted with profanity. Now this is a family site with kids that do view the boards and the owner would like to keep it that way. I locked the thread so I could have a chance to clean it up. The second reason I kept it locked it is as stated above, when mods start seeing threats being made or people suggesting bodily harm on someone, we will lock the thread.
      I feel really bad that you lost your gear. Gear theft is very common in NY. Especially when you run into the bait shop for just a minute and come out to find your auger, tip-ups, even you cooler stolen out the back of your truck. That's why its always good to have a buddy watch your gear while you run in to the bait shop. I hope you get your gear back and I hope that they arrest and prosecute whoever stole it.
Sincerely,
adkRoy
Global Moderator

P.S. I'm a gun toting , pick-up driving , flag flying,  Republican and darn proud of it!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:44 PM »
Great explanation, actions totally consistent with forum policy and the best PS I have read in awhile!

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:06 PM »
WOOT ADKROY!!!! Im with ya!

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:20 AM »
i have an extra auger laying around you can have. it works great as any strikemaster auger does "that will probally start a new topic" if anyone is heading his way from Helena pm me lets see if we can get this kid back on the ice where a lot more kids should be and maybe keep this from happening again
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:30 AM »
^Like! good post TM.

Offline sturg28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Iceholer that would be really cool!!

Offline Pastor B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2013, 03:50 PM »
i have an extra auger laying around you can have. it works great as any strikemaster auger does "that will probally start a new topic" if anyone is heading his way from Helena pm me lets see if we can get this kid back on the ice where a lot more kids should be and maybe keep this from happening again

This is the reason I like this site so much!  You are the definition of a good person!  I hope you guys can get out and catch some fish!
Play hard!  Pray hard!

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Sturg I may be headed to Helena over the weekend of Feb 16-17.  I can definately meet up with iceholer (Maybe on the ice even, we're going to hit ferry for a day) and bring an auger back to Billings if no one else is going to be coming that way before then.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2013, 05:24 PM »
now were talking this kid will be back up and running i mean fishing before we know it keep your chin up son theirs still lots of ice time see you on the ice tjet mite take you to a hot spot 4 this one

Bullelk34

« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:08 PM »
You're a good man iceholer!

Offline hagfan72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:24 PM »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 ;)2

Offline greenmonster57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Have you heard back from the authorities about your stuff that was stolen? ???

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Have you heard back from the authorities about your stuff that was stolen? ???
   i was wondering the same thing any word  and if t jet is coming this way got that auger all fired up and ready to go ill be here till sat gone 4 a couple weeks after that  any one else headed to billings this week look me up this kid needs to get fishing

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2013, 08:56 PM »
last Chance ill be headed to the lake tomorrow sorry kid I'm leaving town 4 a couple weeks it will have to wait till latter then :(

Offline sturg28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2013, 09:21 PM »
I haven't found anything currently out of town I could still us it but if not its okay

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.