Author Topic: Batterson  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
Batterson
« on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:25 AM »
Thinking about trying batterson park ping one night after work this week. Never been there before. Is the only access at the launch? Are there any spots that are better than others to set up?
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Batterson
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:52 AM »
I have never been but its 15 mins from the office so I'd be inclined to meetup if the ice doesn't take a beating.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Me and 2 buddies were talking possibly tomorrow night if you wanted to meet up. Probably get there by 430

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Ok let me know.  I am usually done working at 5-530. 

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Idk if you checked your pm yet but I'll be there by 4

-Ryan-

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:59 AM »
I'd be really careful on that lake if you have never been, it is always the last to freeze in the area, and rarely does, and never seems to put much thickness when it does freeze up. This warm weather would make it a dicey option. As for spots, it hasn't been open to ice fishing for long, I have yet to talk to anyone who has figured it out and I've only been out once. Used to open water fish it a lot, there is a pretty substantial hump mid lake I always figured may hold fish in the winter.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Ryan I am going to fish in mass for Crappie/smelt instead.  Shoot me a PM if you want in.  Pittsfield.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2019, 04:55 PM »
7"of pretty solid ice still. Walked right on. I'm sure you'll need a plank by the end of the week

-Ryan-

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:48 PM »
Wow, makes me feel good about the weekend if batterson is holding up, wondering how you did, always low on my list of lakes to head, I have seen how beat up that lake gets by the shore fishermen in the summer, basically a strictly fillet and release lake with no consideration to size restrictions. Mmmm, save some 11" largemouth for me, sad but true.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:17 PM »
Funny you say that. There was a massive pile of white and yellows like 30 feet off the launch that someone filleted and left right on the ice. Ended up getting a few good size perch right before dark. Stayed till about 7 and took off as two other groups were just walking on. Talked to a guy who said he's seena couple massive walleye caught. Sadly none were taken tonight

-Ryan-

Offline Phishing.Hacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Anyone seen the ice here lately? And or  anyone wanna night fish here this coming weekend if the ice and weather is good?

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:33 PM »
I am thinking of going Saturday night possibly. I would like to know also

Offline CaptainMike69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Does anyone have any updates on the ice conditions at Batterson?

Offline icemansect

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Good to go as of Fri night

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:32 PM »
On a lighter note, stopped by Batterson today, only had a spud bar, chipped what thought looked like 7-8" off the boat launch, about 30' out. Again, spud bar, so due diligence going across, but had a bit of snow still on it, looks like it melted with the sun, and refroze as I was on it close to 5pm. Also an abandoned boat at the launch.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2019, 02:18 PM »
Anyone been here the past few days? Thinking about going for a few hours Saturday night if the ice is good. An hour drive so any info on ice conditions is much appreciated.

Offline CaptainMike69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:10 PM »
Any report on the conditions of Batterson?? Looking to get out tomorrow but its a far drive for bad ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Fished last night til 9ish. Very slow with flags and jigging. A handful of whites and yellows. Around 8" of ice, top half white. A few other groups still out when I left.

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 10, 2019, 10:43 AM »
Was out there late last night also. Sorry  to see I wasn’t the only one not doing to well. Not many flags, but a beautiful nite till clouds rolled in.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2019, 12:29 PM »
It was a great night to be out for sure. Wasn't cold, no wind, storm moving in... I had high hopes. I would've stayed later if not for my lame buddy, but he was out there all day and wanted to go. I didn't make it out til 430.
We were near a group of 4 that was planning on spending the night out there and had gotten some nice cats and walleye the previous weekend. I wonder how they did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.