The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: nils master  (Read 1229 times)

Offline moosemeat

• IceShanty Rookie
nils master
« on: Jan 31, 2022, 02:04 PM »
  Hi everyone i have a nils master gas auger when i drill a hole it goes in a couple of inches then the auger stops when you move it side to side it goes again for a couple of inches then stops again. would that be the clutch someone said the carb is dirty but it starts up and runs fine  Thanks

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: nils master
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2022, 04:02 PM »
If the engine is running good and the auger just stalls on and off it sounds like there is a good chance the clutch is slipping. I'd take it apart and inspect the clutch. Could be something as simple grease or oil on the clutch or drum.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2022, 04:09 PM »
Is it a Tanaka Powerhead?

Offline moosemeat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2022, 05:59 AM »
 yes its a tonaka power head

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:16 PM »
It could be the edge on the cutting head is tweaked and/or needs a sharpening.  Frank DeLuca (Sharp Nils here in the Shanty) is fantastic.  That might be the first step. I learned you can't always see the problem. You might also wanna check out this earlier thread.  This adjustment helped out with mine a few years ago.  It rips now.  I have two drill/plate setups which are great but I love taking this thing out.  Good luck.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=296716.msg3106483#msg3106483

Offline moosemeat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:35 AM »
  i sent my cutting head to frank and had it sharpend it cuts good with the handle on but when i put the power head on i have the problem. Motor runs good but auger stops.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.