The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster 24v battery question  (Read 1103 times)

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster 24v battery question
« on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:50 PM »
Has anyone looked into the 48v/24v dual voltage battery from greenworks? Trying to find some dimensions to see if it will fit on the 24v then it would have a 8 ah battery.

Thoughts?? I already have spare battery but thought this might be a interesting item to check.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Strikemaster 24v battery question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:01 PM »
I've seen a YouTube video on this and I that all you have to do is remove two plastic tabs that would prevent you from plugging the Greenworks battery in.  I have the same auger, I'm seriously considering doing this.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:05 PM »
After re-reading, I am unsure if it's the same battery.  The video may have featured just a 24V battery.  I just looked on YouTube and there are many videos on the topic, but again, not sure if they're about the same battery that you mentioned.

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:36 PM »
This is not the same batteries as those in videos on YouTube for 24v. Those were the 4ah or 5ah which I know fit. But I am curious about this one because it jumps to 8ah but the case looks larger than the 5ah which means this one might not fit. I don't have anyone that sells Greenworks stuff as a dealer near me. So that is reason for asking on here.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2022, 10:06 PM »
Most likely strikemaster batteries are made the same place as greenworks, if it fits greenworks as mentioned it should be just the tabs but idk how the battery and tool/auger communicate to know it's 24 or 48. I would wait for someone else to try it. If somehow you put 48v into your strikemaster it'll probably be done for

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.