Author Topic: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 116755 times)

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #120 on: Nov 11, 2008, 01:52 AM »
I thought I had visited prior? Just signed on and posting. I live to fish.

Greetings from NoPo, AK.

TSS

Offline skybust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Nov 13, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Hi I live in Wasilla love to fish also duck hunt.  Havent been out yet hope to get out this Monday if everything goes well

Offline tjm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Nov 14, 2008, 01:28 AM »
hey there skybust... ;D... too bad the Talkeetna never worked out for us this fall....Winter came way too fast, the river never had a chance to drop all that much before it slushed up.. >:(...

we'll have to go chase some pike this winter...we'll be out on Finger L with the kids on Sat...if you're in the area then come say hey...
...Pull my finger

Offline PJC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #123 on: Nov 16, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Pat and I am relatively new to AK.  Moved to Anchorage last March from the UP of Michigan.  I have fished my whole life, but know I have a lot to learn about fishing in AK.  Have done lots of ice fishing for walleyes and lake trout and looking forward to adapting my techniques to trout and char. 
regards,
PJC

Offline berto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Dec 01, 2008, 12:45 PM »
hey all, my name is Aaron and i am located in anchorage.  later this week i will post some photos of my kids with some recent trout catches from a couple local lakes. 

i am looking to get out to flathorn or figure 8 for pike one of the next few saturdays...i admit i have not been to either one but would be happy to join you if you happen to be headed that way  ;D

cheers

Offline growden1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Dec 04, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Hey All,

Glad I found this Forum.  Great posts from what I've read.  I'm from Fairbanks and hope to see all of you on the ice! 

Fish On!

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
« Reply #126 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Hello All,
Just found this site the other day, and thought I might join in.  I live in Big Lake, been in AK 17 years, courtesy of the USAF, retired from AF in '98 and never left.  Was born and raised in Minnesota, and have been punching holes in the ice since I was a kid.  I'm a hard core pike fisherman in the winter, prefering to spear them from the darkhouse.  Looking forward to the forum, maybe see ya on the ice sometime.
\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Offline Alaskan Wombat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Hi everybody.  I'm new to the site but not to ice fishing.  I've lived here in Alaska for over three years now and the ice fishing gets better every year.  I came from Ohio.  I use to fish hard water lakes for bass, perch, catfish and panfish.  There is a bit of a learning curve for trout but I learn something new about every time I go out.  You can find me from the lakes at Eielson to Delta. 

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
« Reply #128 on: Dec 28, 2008, 02:38 AM »
Hey Wombat,Welcome  Quite a few of us punchin' holes in the ice up here, seems as though there's more hard water than not here ;D I'm down here a bit north of Los Anchorage in Big Lake. What Ya fishin for a way up north there?
\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Offline BigRaven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:17 PM »
My name is Dave and I have been in Alaska for 34 years and love to fish and hunt. A friend told me about this site and I must say I am impressed. It has also become pretty addicting looking at all the post and pictures. I love to fish and have been ice fishing the interior since I could walk. Looking foreword to using some of the great ideas that I have already found on these posts. Hope to see you on the ICE.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #130 on: Jan 03, 2009, 12:49 AM »
Welcome New guys to the greatest show on ice!!!!

See you out there when it warms up a little.

Tight lines

Brad

Offline kenai ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #131 on: Jan 10, 2009, 03:09 AM »
Hello, my name is Matt.  I've lived in the Kenai area for just over a year and been in the interior the majority of the past fourteen years.  I try to get out one day a weekend down here in the banana belt and usually chase rainbows in the winter and during July when everyone else is chasing kings.  Been reading the site for a long time, but just recently registered.  Will try to post regular updates of how we are doing and where.

Offline dalton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #132 on: Jan 13, 2009, 01:59 AM »
hello,

I was born and raised here in alaska, I live in anchorage.  I have fished salt and fresh water off and on all my life.  just recently bought a place on lake louise and spend weekends up there with wife and 7 year old daughter.  never fished hardwater (see im learning already) before a couple weeks ago.  my wife got me all the stuff I needed, auger, ice shelter etc for christmas.  gave it a try with very little luck.  a few bites  but had a good time anyway.  looking forward to learning the tricks of the trade.  a new adventure.  I am also looking forward to catching a few with my daughter.  (kids like catching alot more than fishing).

dalton

Offline burkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:36 AM »
hi guys,  i wish we had ice like what you guys have, i fish saltwater in the summer, at cape cod canal, we might beable to ice fish this weekend

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Name is Mike. Retired AF after 21 years, now sell heavy equipment parts. Originally from CO. Got tired of trying to do everything in the summer. Sold the wheelers and bought a sled. Run a jetboat in the summer. Fairly new to hard water. I see alot of names from other forums. Good thing! Lets drill some holes.

Offline fishbum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hold my beer while I try somthing
« Reply #135 on: Jan 18, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Hello everyone just singed on today. I've lived in alaska all my life and fished as far back as I can remember. You can find me and the rest of the black Ice Syndicate in and around the big lake area. We fish for everything out there. We love big pike, and monster burbot.
Black Ice Syndicate.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #136 on: Jan 19, 2009, 02:52 AM »
hey fishbum whats the black ice syndicate? never heard of it before but just wanted to throw this out there that if your a group of guys that gets together and goes fishin....id like to see if i could join you guys once in a awhile....none of my buddies have time to go anymore...i like to fish big lake and lake louise, but have only made it either lake 1x this year, just been fishing alot of other lakes...would appreciate a reply....
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline fishbum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hold my beer while I try somthing
« Reply #137 on: Jan 21, 2009, 09:32 PM »
black (blak) adj. totally withoutlight; in complete darkness; evil; wicked; harmful; disgraceful;full of sorrow or suffering;sad; dismal; gloomy; disastrous.
ice (is)n.the glassy, brittle, crystalline form of water made solid by cold; coldness in manner or attitude
syn.di.cate (sin'de kat)n. a group or council of syndics; an informal association of criminals controlling a network or vice, gambling, etc.

the black ice syndicate: We are aggressive ice fishing beer drinkers. You probably won't like us. Their are approximately twelve of us in the group. We all come from diffrent backgrounds. With one common goal catch bigger fish. Some of us are hunting and fishing guides. The rest of us were to d**n smart to throw our summers away like that. Some of us don't take jobs in the winter so as not to interfere with the passion of fishing the hard water.  We are here looking for any person, or group that might be up for the challenge that we offer. Plain and simple how much fun can you have on the ice? So send in those pics show us what you got. If you think you know who and where we are, come bye say hi and have a beer with us not tasteless yellow beer, real beer. Perhaps you think were arrogant? perhaps your mouthing your words as you read this. Come bye say hi and who knows maybe just maybe you will like us.
Black Ice Syndicate.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #138 on: Jan 22, 2009, 01:05 AM »
now for one thing....i happen to fish alot more than other guys, as well as hunt....i drink real beer, arrogant ***** is one of my top picks...from what your sayin it sounds like ill fit right in......so dont tell me " your not worthy"! so that bein said, when we goin fishin?

Offline Rex in OTZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #139 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Hello Im new on this Forum
I live in Kotzebue, been here since 1990 have Ice fished out on Hotham Inlet and the Noatak River, Grew up in Northern Nebraska.

Offline repeatspawner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Jun 22, 2009, 11:15 PM »
Hi -

My name is Tim and I love to chase lakers through the ice.  Brad (Fishin Fireman) could you please respond to this post and let me know if that hard-sided ice shanty is still for sale.  If anyone is leaving the state, I'm looking to purchase a hard-sided shanty.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #141 on: Jun 23, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Send you an IM

Offline DizzyDean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Sep 18, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Well I will be living in Fairbanks this winter. So I am interested in finding the good spots and people to go out with. Looking forward to it.
I need ice!!!!

Offline DizzyDean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #143 on: Sep 23, 2009, 08:08 PM »
Well I am in Fairbanks. Love it so far.
I need ice!!!!

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #144 on: Sep 23, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Welcome to the IceShanty DizzyDean, what brings you to Fairbanks? We had our first snowfall today so I figured its time to check in.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #145 on: Sep 23, 2009, 10:07 PM »
YAWWWNNNNN!!!!  Hey Kevin, Good to see some snow eh?  Well it would be better if all my jobs around the house were done too...  Time to fish.
Welcome to the AK Shanty Dizzy!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #146 on: Sep 26, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Welcome Dizzy its good to have you hear, won't be long till hard water  :tipup:
Bob

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Oct 06, 2009, 04:32 PM »
last couple days of moose camp I thought we'd be making ice already, but like barley I need the time so shouldn't be complaining. Working on finishing some repairs on the camper so I can stay warm at night when I'm hopefully doing lots more expedition type trips this year - louise, george, volkmar, etc...

another summer passed without building a shack...hopefully next summer!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #148 on: Oct 09, 2009, 04:06 AM »
Jeremy,  Good to see your alive and well!  New used camper eh?  Good to see your getting prepped for the season.
TEAM ALASKA

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #149 on: Oct 09, 2009, 06:15 AM »
good to see both of you on here again this year! was starting to think i was the only one left!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.