Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607693 times)

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20820 on: Sep 17, 2020, 07:31 AM »
Good morning all, rust on vehicles is nothing new in northern Illinois. The Ranger has a hanging gas tank strap. The strap is in great condition. The spot on the frame it attached to is rusted out. Have had several welders look at it over time. All say sorry not touching it. So I took a steel cable put a couple hooks on the ends. Found a few holes in the frame and attached it, has a come together in the middle that I tightened and then just put another ratchet strap on it. Shop that did the break lines said that's not safe. Lol! They also said I had front bearing play in both front tires. There was know way they were going to touch them. I had a feeling I would be told. They need replacing. When they were done by my neighbor three months ago. Went up to my fishing partners farm yesterday. Told him about it. In 25 minutes it was fixed. Seems when last bearing job was done they never torque the retaining nuts. Contacted my neighbor. He said ya I should have put the torque wrench on them sorry. Anyhow my fishing partner turned me loose in his Tomato patch. Said have at it. Came back with two five gallon buckets full. So did Tomatoes yesterday I had a bucket full of my own. Not going to can them as I have quarts on top of quarts put up already. Just going to freeze them. Will give some to my neighbor who lost his wife. Hope you had a great visit with your Mother Mason. Drifter that's a bit chilly for so early. At least for around here. Off good news on the paw. IF 45 do not be afraid of smart phones. You will learn it quickly. Hope everyone has a great day.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20821 on: Sep 17, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day out. They want to reschedule my injections where I’m sneezing and congested. My wife is home today but we have to go and pick up a sport coat for me. Sunday getting confirmed. I went to Catholic school for 12 yrs and never got confirmed. My parents were amazed at that.

UfCreel, Older vehicles can be a labor of love. That was nice if your neighbor. Nothing better then Garden tomatoes.

WallyWorld, Hope you get your chores done early.

Hunts2long, Hope you and Your wife have a good celebration of her birthday on Saturday and bowling goes well on Sunday.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great news that your surgeon is happy with the progress. To bad they cut your physical therapy to 2 days instead of 3.

Mason Eddie, Thats good the pour went well yesterday. Hopefully it goes well today.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Be safe out there. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20822 on: Sep 17, 2020, 12:17 PM »
Drifter, that wind chill right ? :whistle: :whistle:

Nope.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20823 on: Sep 17, 2020, 12:33 PM »
WW & H2L it's already here at my friends place up North.
Mind you this is way North. She works in Sachs Harbor which is on Banks Island 71.6 degrees North lattitude.

IW and -40C = -40F

Eddie Not going to worry about the machine til winter. Not dragging it up the hill again.
Back is still toast from the first time. Will get it when I can snowmobile it up the hill.

MrC The ride down was really chilly, the ride back was better with sun and plus temps.
The launch bay usually freezes around the third week of October the lake takes quite a bit longer as it's deep and there is quite a bit of current. By mid December there is usually privately plowed roads on the lake and the road to the hydro station usually goes in in early February.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20824 on: Sep 17, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Eddie glad to read all went well with the first pour:thumbsup: Hope you have a Great visit with Mom today :thumbsup:

IW, nope the drinking lady comes with baggage ;D She is always in a good mood ??? He on the other hand has bad temper and really you never know what will set him off. I know him well enough to know that if he doesn't get his way or if he questions something, rather than talk about it he just blows up. I have worked for them a lot and this wasn't the first time that he's had a conniption fit  :cookoo:

WW the s-i-l put in 6 hours but called it after the wind got the best of her. She had a good outing but decided to skip today as the temp was 38 this morning.

I'm not up on my metric either. I do know if Dave visits it takes a 1.75 liters of rum to fuel him up :roflmao: :roflmao: Nice picture Dave :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20825 on: Sep 17, 2020, 05:31 PM »

I'm not up on my metric either. I do know if Dave visits it takes a 1.75 liters of rum to fuel him up :roflmao: :roflmao: Nice picture Dave :thumbsup:
I must admit it was a fun visit and one I would like to repeat.
Haven't had that much fun in a long time.
Hopefully the border is open when I drive to Ontario to haul my dads stuff back to my place.
I'll drop by. Too bad  my buddy won't be with me. I know you guys liked him.  ;)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20826 on: Sep 18, 2020, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Picked up a little rain overnight, 53 this am, high of 58 today.

Dave.... good thinking on the insulation machine, no need to go through that battle again!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...congratulations in advance on the Confirmation!   :clap:
  UFC...had basically the same gas tank fix once on my old Ford truck, lol.   :thumbsup:

Had a nice visit yesterday with my Mom...it was short but sweet. Thank you all for the best wishes, very much appreciated.  :thumbsup:
  Running a tad behind, will catch up this afternoon with everyone ...Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20827 on: Sep 18, 2020, 05:53 AM »
51* and clear.
Eddie, a visit with Mom, GREAT.
We don't have to be in NYC until 1pm, so won't be getting home until later this evening. They didn't even confirm the appt until about 6 last night.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20828 on: Sep 18, 2020, 06:14 AM »
Good morning everyone, Cloudy here today. My wife is home today so we’ll unpack some more boxes.

Mason Eddie, I’m glad you got a nice visit with your mom. Hope you have a day.

Hunts2long, Prayers the appointment goes well. They should have confirmed the appointment earlier.

Drifter, Thank you for sharing that pic. I’m not up on my metric either. Hopefully the border will be open soon.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20829 on: Sep 18, 2020, 06:16 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                    It's 46* and the sky is starting to clear up, a hight of 59* is the forecast. ::)
                    Eddie......I'm glad you visit with your mom went well, I bet she was glad to see you. :thumbsup: :clap:
                    I-45........Sorry to read they want to reschedule the injection. :(
                    Marv.......Are you going to hit the lake today after some of those Bass that Jen caught? ???
                    Wally......It looks like a nice weekend coming up a little cool but sunny. :thumbsup:
                    H2l.........I plan on going to our hunting camp in Maine in November. :thumbsup:
                    UFC........I think everyone that has had an older vehicle had the gas tank strap problem. :unsure:
                    My wife got a call last night around 5:30 from her brother that her mother was ill and he called the rescue squad, so my wife packed
    in a hurry and left. it turned out she had 2 teth pulled and lost a lot of blood and passed out. She in the hospital getting a blood transfusion and is
    doing fine.
                    Not much going on here, i have some chores to get done getting ready for winter.
                    I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20830 on: Sep 18, 2020, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....so glad you finally got to visit with your Mom  :thumbsup:  not good for anyone to be kept from seeing loved ones for so long  :(  still fishing this weekend  ???

H2L....safe travels and fingers crossed for a good report   ;)2 

IW.....glad to hear your m-i-l is doing ok  :clap:  always scary to get those types of calls   :pinch:

WS.....guess we know why the drinking lady drinks  :whistle:  hope your winds have settled down  :-\

Not much planned again today, maybe mowing the grass again  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20831 on: Sep 18, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

38 feeling cool out. My wife and I just returned from our morning walk, lots of people on the walking path.

Eddie glad you had  good visit with your Mom :thumbsup:

IW glad your m-i-l is OK. Like WW said, you hate calls like that. No fishing here for me, I need to get a couple jobs done so I can concentrate on bow hunting. I want to start spending time in my stand the first part of October.

WW yesterday was beautiful as far as the wind went. I think the s-i-l is heading to the lake this morning once it warms up some.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20832 on: Sep 18, 2020, 09:28 AM »
Nice warm 41* to start the day. I missed the weather this morning so I do not know how cold it got in the north country.
There were frost warnings out from here north. Where I hunted in the UP they had to chop all of their corn a few times due to it not maturing due to early frost so they could not combine it.

Eddie It is good to here that you finally got to visit with your mom after such a long time. I am sure that you both enjoyed it even though it was only for a short time.

Marv I am sure you and your wife picked up the pace on your walk. Still better than walking in the heat we had all summer.

I have not heard conniption fit in a long time. I can under stand why his wife drinks. In all of my years being self employed I never ran into some on like him. There we a few that made it into the DO NOT WORK FOR AGAIN list.

Drifter The only time I got into metric was when I was a type one diabetic. A lot of the things I needed to weigh to determine how much insulin I took had to be measured in grams. Luckily my scale could be set to weigh in grams.

IW It is good that you mother in laws problem was not that serious.

UFC I  saw that my neighbor had a strap on his gas tank had broke. I have big roll of heavy steel strapping with 3 inch holes in it. I cut him enough to redo both straps. I also cut him some strips of rubber I had to cushion the tank from the straps. This was on a pickup that still had a good frame.

It has been a busy week here.

Monday the  wife got the stiches taken out  from the surgery on here hand. The surgeon told her that she did not need therapy as she knew what she needed to do to get it better.

Tuesday was a podiatrist appointment for both of us then picked up my monthly meds.
When we got home she tried to do a load of wash. The machine would not agitate on normal but would on light wash cycle. Dang the machine is only 35 years old. I wonder why?

We found what we wanted and went to our normal Lowes where we found what she wanted. It was out of stock. I finally found it on line at Lowes an hour and a half away so we made a fast trip to get it as it went off sale that night.

I spent yesterday wrestling it  up on the deck and getting it installed. She has not tried it out yet. i am sure it will not last like the last one. When i get my trailer here I will take the old one to the scrap yard. I could put it out by the road but I do not want the scrapper that lives behind us to have it. I would donate it to the scrap yard rather than him having it.

I need to go get a tire fixed that had been losing air since I hit a big hole in a dirt road when I was scouting bear. Bear season is a wash as the only thing hitting my baits has been coon. My son checked them Wednesday and all of them had been cleaned out by coons.

Everyone have  a good day and weekend.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20833 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:59 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Mason glad you were able to see your Mother. IW glad your Mother in law is ok. Got out yesterday at the lake nothing big but one guy was catching huge carp.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20834 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Good day, can tell fall is coming to day's high will be in the mid. sixties will feel slightly cooler with the 10-15 mph winds. Prayers for all affected by Hurricane Sally,I see there is another tropical storm already in the Gulf of Mexico which may hit parts of Texas,s coastline some time next week and Hurricane Teddy is heading towards Bermuda. It sure is an active hurricane season this year.
Eddie glad you got to visit with your mom may the time allowed for visits increase if the staff and residents stay Covid-19 free. Good to read the first concrete pour went well and you had flaggers to help control the traffic.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the information on GSL ,I believe they due the same with the NYC water supply reservoirs located in the Catskills. Scary stuff with your MIL good to hear she is making a fast recovery after the transfusion.
Hunts2long may your wife get another good report from today's NYC trip safe travels to both of you.  Please give my birthday greetings to Lindsay may she have a great day . Enjoy the dinner on Saturday night.
Wallyworld bring some extra layers with you tomorrow for the benefit ride. May there be a good turn out and sum of money raised by the ride.
UFCreel good your fishing friend could fix the wheel bearing problem. Nice score on the tomatoes.
Icefisher-45 congratulations on your confirmation. May you get over you cold quickly so you can receive the injections.
Drifter thank you for the info. on your lake and photo from your friends location in far northern NWT,Canada. Have a safe and good trip to Toronto to pick up your dad's belongings when the time comes for the journey.
Whopper Stopper may you wrap up all your jobs and tasks before the start of bow season. Congratulations to your SIL on a good day of bass fishing .
Tomturkey good to read the stiches are out of your wife's hand and her surgeon is happy. Best to her with the "Home" physical therapy. Modern appliances are not made to last more then 15 years if you are lucky. Thirty five years is a long time for a washing machine. Sorry to hear the bear hunting was a bust due to the raccoons raiding your bait piles.

Have a good Friday everyone.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20835 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:15 PM »
Evening All, Where'd summer go ?  Temp 20* cooler at youngest Daughters than at my hill in CO.  Tomorrow should be photo opp. day here then on to Oldest daughters for a day Sunday, then a chance to meet the World Famous Esox_Extm of IS.  That should be in my world a real "Hoot"  ;D  And if the stars align maybe a face to face with the Old Goat of Madison ? :unsure: Then on to home town of Viroqua, WI, before landing in La Cresent, MN.  Think I am over the Jet Lag of the 12 hour non stop drive to get here. 

Looks like these drops in Temps around the country are starting to give some people an itch infection, Me included. :o

Well looks like time to let the dark spell pass, and go find a pillow

Great day to all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20836 on: Sep 19, 2020, 04:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 37 this morning, high of 55 today. 

Bud... hope you enjoy the heck out of your road trip with family and friends!!  Best wishes and safe travels to you Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...we actually got very lucky getting to see my Mom. Our Governor had a new set of MANDATED rules that were to go in effect on Thursday, our visiting day, requiring everyone to have had a current COVID test with a negative result , within the last 7 days, before an outside visitation was allowed!  We got that message late Wednesday from the nursing home, which was heartbreaking. When we arrived, expecting to only get a window visit, an aid said this must be your lucky day....the Governor has amended the requirement of the testing for one week.  Talk about having your emotions go bonkers... :cookoo:
  OG...better luck next trip out, cooler weather should get them going!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...we were all pulling for you and your son with the bear hunting, sorry to read it didn’t pan out this season, damn! Glad to read the Mrs. is recovering well!  :thumbsup:
   Marv...will be looking forward to the new adventures bow hunting from the tree stand soon! Best of luck to you Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...have Grandpa duties today I didn’t expect, lol, but might make a trip tomorrow to Pulaski. Have a trip planned for next weekend with the boys...but feeling the itch right now!   ;D  :thumbsup:
   Jeff...so sorry to read about your M-I-L, glad everything is under control now!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Best wishes sent her way on a full recovery!
  H2... hope you had safe travels to and from the City yesterday and everything went well for your wife with the appointment!   :thumbsup:

As I mentioned to Steve, it was quite an experience with the visit on Thursday. They had a bench set up for us on the outside of a metal picket fence to sit on, a fold up table set length wise on the other side to insure the 6’ social distancing required was more than adequate. We were under tents they set up, and they did have a heater going close by the residents who would be outside...but even with the 60 degree temps, we could see that my Mom was shivering with her blanket wrapped around her. ...that system will not be sufficient with these temperatures. They’re going to have to do something better than that...and inside.
  Lawn and garden to catch up on today, might take the grandchildren apple picking this afternoon when it warms up some...cider doughnuts on my list!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20837 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:32 AM »
Good morning ,a blessed Rosh Hashanah to all the Jewish members here on Ice Shanty. May this new year find you and your families in good health . A chilly start to the day in the mid.forties currently outside will only reach the mid. sixties for the day's high temperature. There was a frost warning in place for my section of NY.
Eddie glad you were able to get a visit with your mom this past Thursday. Must have been very upsetting getting the phone call about the new regulations. How easy is it to get tested for Covid-19 and how fast due you get the results from the test. I hope your mom's nursing home comes up with a better place for visits as the weather outside becomes cooler.
IFF enjoy your road trip and visit with family. Safe travels to you on this trip.

I will check back later to see how everyone is doing and what you are up to today.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20838 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Frosty morning all,

IFF....sounds like an awesome adventure, safe travels and ENJOY  :thumbsup: :clap:

H2L....hope all went well yesterday  ;)  happy birthday wishes to Lindsay, have a nice time at dinner   :)

Eddie.....enjoy the Grandpa detail today  :clap: :clap:

IW......hope your m-i-l is doing well today  :)

It's 32* here, the ground is covered with frost, going to be a BRISK ride this morning  :o ::) :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20839 on: Sep 19, 2020, 06:05 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Steve, ER's,
                       It's 35* and clear here on my hill, no frost this morning. ::)
                       Eddie........I'm glad that you were able to see your mother, yes it sounds like they could have done a better job for the residents.  :cookoo:
                       OG...........I hope you have a better trip next time out. :thumbsup:
                       Marv.........I forgot that bow season is about to start, better get some practice in. :flex:
                       Bud..........Have a safe trip. :flex:
                       H2l...........I hope you had a safe trip to the city and back, I hope the wife had a good repot. :thumbsup:
                       Wally........What's on your table for today? ???
                       Steve........I heard yesterday that they have run through the alphabet of named storms and are reverting to the Greek alphabet, already Beta
              has ben named. :o
                        I want to thank everyone for the well wishes for my MIL, she should be going home on Monday.
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20840 on: Sep 19, 2020, 08:08 AM »
33* this morning.
Didn't wake up until a little after 8 this morning. It was a long day on Friday. Left here at 8:30am and didn't get home until Midnight. Like everything the 4 hour appt. turned into 8 hours. She doesn't need a stint but has to have a value replaced in her heart.
IW, glad the M-I-L is doing fine.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20841 on: Sep 19, 2020, 08:32 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

48 heating up to 70 later on, looks to be a decent day.

Bud safe travels, it sounds like a heck of a line up to visit :thumbsup:

WW you may have to swap the cone for some hot chocolate :thumbsup:

Eddie apple picking sounds like a good time :thumbsup:

IW I am way behind on shooting but after all these years it all comes back in a few sessions.

We are taking a run to the shack this morning. Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Stay healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20842 on: Sep 19, 2020, 11:39 AM »
Hello again fellow 9:45ers think it maybe up to sixty outside feels cooler with the wind same as yesterday about 10-15 mph. Some of you may have seen or heard this on the news U.S. Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg died last night losing her fight with cancer. The political games have already started about when to start the process to pick her replacement. Also prayers for the two victims and those wounded last night in a shooting that took place at a party in Rochester,NY.
Eddie have fun picking apples with the grandchildren.
Ice Wanderer I saw the Greek alphabet letters when reading about Hurricane Teddy on Weather Underground. Good to hear your MIL is recovering and should be home on Monday.
Wallyworld hope you have most of your garden's harvest picked going to be another cool /cold night . I agree with Whopper Stopper a warm beverage maybe called for after the bike ride today.
Hunts2long may both of you be recovering from yesterday. Praying for your wife that all goes well when she has the heart valve replacement. Have a good time at tonight's birthday celebration.
Whopper Stopper have a safe trip to the "Shack". May a little practice with your bow soon have you grouping arrows in the vital region of the decoy or target.

Have a safe and good Saturday.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20843 on: Sep 19, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Good Morning ER's  H2L I have a new valve plus stints didn't take long. Bud if you make it here your welcome to pick through my jig collection and stuff.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20844 on: Sep 19, 2020, 01:17 PM »
G'day ER's!! It was a rough time yesterday for this old fart! I was scheduled to go in and have stints put in for my legs with a 3:45 pm operating time, requiring 2 hr. early reporting. Standard no food or drink after midnight. As the time came and went, I was told that the patient 2 ahead of me had problems and there would be a delay. ::) A little after 6pm I was finally taken to the O.R. where my Dr. proceeds to tap into the major artery in my left arm and starts inserting the stint. Not long enough and gets a longer one. Same story!! : One more time and he tells there are none long enough!!! He tells me that due to my senior belly, that he can't go through my abdomen!! It's now after 8 pm and the pull everything out and clean my up and send me back  to pre-op to get a room for the night!! Supper after no food all day was a cold turkey on a bun and a Sierra Mist!! They let my wife sleep on the couch and that was nice of them!! This morning we got breakfast and discharged about !2:30 this afternoon!! Darn glad to be home!! Now we have to start over with a plan "B" on how to take care of the blockages in both legs! My Dr. said the blockages were fairly severe and had to be corrected! My artery has a pressure bandage on it that has to remain in place until tomorrow and I still have the EKG tabs stuck on my chest! "Have fun getting those off!!!" :%$#!:  So now I start all over!!
 I hope everyone has a decent weekend and has a better start than I've had!! Gandalf is pissed at us for not being home and is avoiding us!! :roflmao: :clap: ;)2 :whistle: As long as I didn't catch anything while there I'm good with it!!! Stay safe, stay well, and STFAH!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20845 on: Sep 19, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Afternoon all,

Just got back home from the ride, it was 35* here when we left  :o  56* now with bluebird skies and a brisk 10 mph north breeze  ::)  A hot beverage sounds pretty good right about now  :clap:  Had a great turn out of about 150 bikes, benefit is a yearly event for a local Sheriff's Deputy that was killed in the line of duty in 2011  :callcops:  the money raised goes towards the town park named in his honor.

OS.....so sorry to hear of the problems yesterday  :'(  hope they can get you taken care of sooner rather than later  ;)  fingers crossed Gandolf lets you off the hook quickly  :woot:

H2L....thoughts and prayers to MrsH2, hope the valve replacement goes smoothly  :)

WS....hope all is well at the shack , safe travels sir  ;)2

MrC....only thing left in the garden is 1 row of carrots and a 1/2 dozen pepper plants, easy to cover on these frosty nights  @)

Have a good rest of your Saturday. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20846 on: Sep 19, 2020, 02:51 PM »
ww cover those carrots with mulch, leaves will do, and leave  them until spring. You will be surprised how sweet they will be in the spring. The same goes for parsnips.

Have you noticed a shortage of pumpkin of any sort on the shelves. After a couple of months we finally found some  this week. The wife bakes a lot of pumpkin pies and was getting worried. The dogs have been missing it as a treat on their food in the morning. It is good for keeping their anal glands cleaned out.

I got the back yard mowed for the last time HOPEFULLY this morning. it was dry so we must not have gotten andy frost over night

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20847 on: Sep 20, 2020, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  36 this am under clear skies, might see frost today, mid 50’s for a high. It warmed up to 62 here yesterday...beautiful day!

Tom...thanks for sharing the info on the carrots/parsnips, had no idea you could cover them up and let them go. Have some carrots still going yet...may try that!  :thumbsup: 
  Wally...must have been a little chilly starting out yesterday ...excellent turnout for the benefit ride, great job for a great cause!  :bow: :clap:
  OS...that had to be a tough go at the hospital, sorry to read that! Hoping Plan B goes better for you Sir...thoughts and prayers sent your way Mike.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...on the COVID testing, there are several places I can get an appointment to be tested...the problem is not knowing how long it will take until the results are available, some take up to a week. It takes 3 weeks at the moment to get a visitation at the nursing home, so the testing has to coincide with that date..it’s just another foolish mess by our Governor in my opinion. Must bite my tongue... :%$#!:
  Marv...hope you had a good day at the shack...are the treestands ready to go?   :thumbsup:
  H2...that was a real long day you both had down in the City.  Happy Birthday to Lindsay, hope you all had a wonderful evening together!  :clap:  Thoughts and prayers are with your wife on the valve replacement. Good luck on the lanes tonight!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...that’s great news your M-I-L will be released tomorrow, best wishes continued for her!    :thumbsup: 

Passed on the salmon trip today, will hold off until next weekend with the boys, quite a few things on the menu to get in order around here. Pulled everything from the garden yesterday except a couple peppers that I covered and some carrots. Today will be getting everything put away for winter and getting the raised beds ready for planting garlic soon. Did charge up the battery’s for the fish finders and drill yesterday!   :icefish:
   Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20848 on: Sep 20, 2020, 05:13 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 35* and clear here on my hill, yesterday I only had frost on the roof of my truck. ::)
                       Eddie.........It too bad you had to cancel the trip to Lake Ontario, it's going to be a nice day like yesterday was. :blink:
                       OS............ I'm sorry to read of your leg problems, I hope the Dr. has a solution to remedy your circulation. :flex: When a procedure
               gets behind it seems the wait time for the next one in line is really later. Of course they say it's due to Covid and the clean up time is longer. :whistle:
                      Wally...........It was a little cool for a ride but what a beautiful clear Blue sky, a nice day for a ride. :thumbsup:
                      Marv............I hope you had a good trip to "The Shack", I hope you have some nice pictures to post. :flex:
                      H2l..............Happy Birthday to Lindsay. :clap: Good luck to your wife on the valve replacement, my prayers are with her. :thumbsup:
                      Steve..........My MIL is a tough old bird, she was doing so well that they released her yesterday.  :flex: She has to go for monitoring everyday this week.
                      Tom............I knew about the carrots but not the Parsnips, thanks for the information. :thumbsup:
                      I got a few chores done here yestersay getting ready for winter, hunting season will be here before we know it. More chores today.
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20849 on: Sep 20, 2020, 06:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's 40 here heading to 70 hope everyone has a nice day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.