Author Topic: Frabill Ice Shuttle  (Read 2339 times)

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill Ice Shuttle
« on: Nov 22, 2020, 05:59 AM »
So I've been looking for one of these for awhile and was wondering if anyone has one that they would like to re-home that is in decent condition.

Frabill dropped the ball when they stopped making them.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill Ice Shuttle
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:43 AM »
where r u located
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Vermont

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Vermont

Should add your location to your Profile ..state and county ..may be a deal near you .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2020, 11:42 AM »

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Yup thats it.got 2 of them.they are great sled/windbreakers plus hold a ton of gear.only downfall is the sled wears holes in the back corners.i plastic welded the hole and installed cut down skis.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Yup thats it.got 2 of them.they are great sled/windbreakers plus hold a ton of gear.only downfall is the sled wears holes in the back corners.i plastic welded the hole and installed cut down skis.
Ive had so many of these, 4 or five but sell them. I keep thinking there would be a way to make them work but just to small for me. between auger, camera, sonar, poles, tipups, and all gear just doesnt work.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:08 PM »

Never seen one in person ...does that seat lift up for storage ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:09 PM »
Make your own - check out the Strikemaster ice shuttle - some plastic pipe and a tarp will work nicely - I use the HT windbreak with my Strikemaster for the days when
     I do 'quick hits'
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Never seen one in person ...does that seat lift up for storage ?
yup seat pops off and holds all gear.has a molded spot up front for a bucket.killer run and  gun setup.the windbreak poles break down and windbreak fold up and goes into the storage area.i added a fold up cup holder to mine also.my vexilar goes in bucket up front and rest of my gear goes in it along with my folded up mini nero.i think they are great.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:26 PM »
yup seat pops off and holds all gear.has a molded spot up front for a bucket.killer run and  gun setup.the windbreak poles break down and windbreak fold up and goes into the storage area.i added a fold up cup holder to mine also.

Does seem to fill a niche ..I often think about getting the StrikeMaster Glide Lite ...making mods etc ..but talk myself out of it ...mostly the price as I have a one man HT that can fill that niche.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:44 PM »
So I've been looking for one of these for awhile and was wondering if anyone has one that they would like to re-home that is in decent condition.

Frabill dropped the ball when they stopped making them.

Theres one for sale in Syracuse on CL

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Those strikemasters look good but just a little too small for what I want it for. Unless someone can confirm that it can hold bait, fish finder, 8 tip ups, auger and some other gear.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:57 PM »
Those strikemasters look good but just a little too small for what I want it for. Unless someone can confirm that it can hold bait, fish finder, 8 tip ups, auger and some other gear.
the glide lite is tiny in size and a little tippy on deep snow compared to a shuttle.jmo

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:02 PM »
If you want a bigger windbreak and have a few skills, just make your own.  I made this one out of a jet sled, an old canopy with the adjustable legs, a milk crate and boat seat.  I can put the windbreak up and take it down in less then 5 minutes.

Snitch, you're onto something. I have a similar set up with my jet sled jr right now just no wind breaker on it. It looks easy enough to give it a shot. I like the boat seats on the milk create too.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:22 PM »
Very creative, Snitch.

Good job.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2020, 02:32 AM »
Snitch

The reason i was looking into the Frabill was because it had a built in wind breaker but I believe I have the materials in the garage to rig something like this up to my jet sled similar to yours. Thank you for the pictures they are helpful.

Do you have any issue with the sled flipping over when the wind screen is up and the wind is going when you stand up?

Offline VTLakers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:52 AM »
Thank you for your input Snitch

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:14 PM »
                 Theres one for sale in Syracuse on CL

That’s me selling it!