Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1618101 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18690 on: Feb 24, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Marv Sad to here you dropped your saw. Luckily you found a guy to rebuild it. I never could master the bowline when I was in Boy Scouts. I mainly use double half hitches as they tighten up the harder you pull. Plus they are easy to untie. I started out with a used Homelite. It was alright as I was only cutting wood for my fur shed. When I started heating with wood I bought a Husky 55 from a saw store even though I could have bought it cheaper at TSC, knowing I could get service there. I cut a lot of dry Elm regrowth that had died from Dutch Elm is hard to work with but some of the best fire wood there is. When you finally get it in the stove it sets and glows, some times leaving clinkers like coal does.

When the 55 started losing power I replaced it with a Husky 55 rancher. It is a great saw throwing out wood chips instead of saw dust with it's aggressive chain. The bad  part is the weight. I can hardly lift it any more. My son went an bought a smaller Husky at the same place as I bought mine so he can do most of the work now. For bigger  stuff he uses my Rancher.

You can have Menards! I could write a book on the problems I have had at one of there stores over the years. Plus the wife gets a Military discount because of her late husband being a disabled veteran every day of the year. Not just on Memorial day like Menards.

Eddie It is good to here you guys got into a mix of fish yesterday. Hopefully you do not have to pay to bad getting through today.

IW  Jon is lucky that he has you do the wiring for his generator. I understand your holding off until the local place was open to do the work instead of having to travel for parts. We have a local hardware that is open on Sunday but there prices are too high. I plan my hardware buying so I can get it at Lowes.   

We are heading into the wife's primary care doc in a while as the pain she has is still coming back. While in the city I will get an appointment with the new urologist.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18691 on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:13 AM »
22* and sunny.
Eddie, yes a very nice day and glad you got into some fish. I remember those days after a long weekend. I worked 10 days on and 4 off, so my Monday was on Tuesday. Many times I would drive from here back to Rochester and go right into work. I worked second shift.

IW, good luck with the hook-up with the generator.

WW, going to be a nice day to be "catching".

We are no longer in 1st place, may even be in 3rd. We only took 1 of 4 last night. The team we bowled had a 186 avg. bowler sub for a 203 avg. bowler. The sub bowled a 740 for 3 games. He was on fire. It was fun to watch. The second game the 4 of them rolled a 835 total. I did have a 193 the first game. Should be 3 teams all bunched on top. Only 3 more weeks.

The chicken was very good and when I got home from bowling there was an apple pie waiting for me.

Have a good day.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18692 on: Feb 24, 2020, 11:53 AM »

My brother, making sure it is done right.

Gone.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18693 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:35 PM »
H2l, looks good! :clap:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18694 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:20 PM »
Evening all,

So fishing pretty much sucked today...only managed to scare up 5 perch  ::) sun was out all day so that was nice, a bit breezy but not unbearable!! Will give it a go again tomorrow if the shore line holds up  :-\  Java a good night. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18695 on: Feb 24, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Good evening hope everyone had a good day.
Eddie hope your work day was not to bad and you have recovered from Sunday's fishing trip. Good to hear you and you sons found some fish willing to bite at lake Champlain.
Ice Wanderer the public high school lacrosse season starts in the last week in March or first week of April. I do see some players wearing long under wear under their shorts early in the season think it would be hard to stay warm when you are not on the field and active. How did the electrical work go at Jon's home .
Whopper Stopper thank you for the information on chainsaws. I also assume saw makers are using more aluminum over steel to keep the saw lighter.
Tomturkey hope your wife's primary care doctor did some tests  to see if something besides arthritis  causing the chest pain. My father was hospitalized for chest pains turned out he had a stomach ulcer .
Hunts2long good to see the remains of tree are safely down at your brother's house. May your teammates and you have a better night next Sunday.
Wallyworld thank you for the photo and report may find the fish more receptive to your jigging tomorrow.
Drifter may you be doing better and able to get to your cabin this coming weekend.
Capt. Jim may you be doing good and have a handle on your health problems.

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18696 on: Feb 25, 2020, 01:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another mild day here on the Hill...cloudy and 37* to start this am, high in the mid 40’s today.

Steve...yesterday was a little rough getting started, but things got better...early quitting time helped, lol.  :thumbsup:
  Wally... hope the bite is better today, cloud cover should help today! They are some nice looking perch...and no skunk, thanks for sharing! Best of luck today!    :thumbsup:
  H2...excellent pictures!   :clap:  Hope the bowling team can bounce back this Sunday!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope everything went well for your wife yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the pine trees are on on the completed list now!   :thumbsup:  Any fishing plans coming up?
  Jeff...how did the electrical work go at Jon’s? Hope you both enjoy a nice day out on the ice today...best of luck!   :thumbsup:

We’re starting at 4 again this morning, a few small areas to demo.  Here’s a few pictures from our trip on Sunday.

.   Heading out

.  Home for the day

.   Good Morning from Lake Champlain

.     One of Stephens large mouths.

That time again....Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18697 on: Feb 25, 2020, 04:45 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 38* and cloudy, a mixed bag of precipitation is in the forecast for the next couple of days. ::)
                           Eddie...…….Great pictures, I've fished in that area a few times with great success, glad you were able to fish with the boys. :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:
                           Marv...……..It's always good to have a back up saw, I have 2 a Stihl and a Husky.  :flex:
                           Steve...…...I thought high school lacrosse started later. :unsure:
                           Wally...…….I hope today is a better fishing day for you and Mr. WW. :flex:
                           The generator hook up took longer than expected. Jon's electric panel was in a finished closet in the basement, I had to cut the sheetrock
                out to mount the transfer switch and run the wires to the main panel. There was a lot of back and fourth from basement to out side where we put
                the plug for the generator. I put the wires from the plug to transfer switch in conduit. I tried guessing what I needed before hand, we had to run to
                the local hardware store for 1 fitting. All in all Jon was pleased on how it all went, I haven't heard what the real boss thinks yet. Probably this weekend
                Jon will do the break in on the generator.
                            I have a dentist appointment so I don't think I'll be fishing today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18698 on: Feb 25, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

29 heading to the mid 30's later on. The snow they were threatening us with vanished ??? so today shouldn't be bad other than the wind.

Eddie excellent pictures :clap: I failed knocking off all my pines yesterday, but I am down to 1 left with 3 smaller yard trees to add to the list. No fishing in sight here.

IW good going with the switch, glad you were able to get it in :thumbsup: Good luck with your choppers today :thumbsup:

TT I will give you the Menard's comments, it's a struggle if you have a question. Usually you get a "Menard's best guess" ???

One thing ours has that is hard to beat is when they have their bacon sale. If you like some meat in it, theirs has it.

Yesterday was a long one. I had a couple of errands to run, and a couple off the "list" things to do before I made it to my pines. When I did get out there I was able to get 4 more done before I started a fire and cleaned up my mess   

The trees I am working on are right next to the street. Yesterday was nice out so there were a lot of people walking and everyone was in the mood to stop and visit.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18699 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:06 AM »
34* and cloudy.

WS, the sturgeon totals look pretty good.  How does this year stack up to past years? I like the thick cut bacon, but who doesn't like bacon.

IW, glad the job went well. Good luck at the dentist.

WW, well no skunk and just maybe today will be better with the weather change. Good Luck.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18700 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:27 AM »
h2l I found this on line

The 2020 harvest numbers (491 on Lake Winnebago and 320 on the Upriver Lakes) were very similar to the 2019 season (478 on Lake Winnebago and 307 on the Upriver Lakes). The difference between the two seasons is when the fish were registered. During the 2019 season, 31.9% of the fish harvested from Lake Winnebago were registered on opening weekend and only 11.9% were registered on the final weekend. The 2020 season, on the other hand, had 15.1% of the harvest from Lake Winnebago coming from opening weekend and 22.0% from the final weekend. The difference between seasons was largely due to improving conditions (both ice thickness and water clarity) during the 2020 season.

Results from the 2020 sturgeon spearing season are also quite similar to the average over the past 5 years. Unfortunately, poor water clarity has impacted each of these seasons and each has gone the full 16-days. The average harvest over this time period has been 514 lake sturgeon from Lake Winnebago and 305 from the Upriver Lakes.

When looking back through more spearing seasons, the Lake Winnebago harvest of 491 fish in 2020 ranks tied for 51st of all time (full data set presented in attached table below). The lottery fishery on the Upriver Lakes was implemented in 2007 (14 seasons) and the 320 fish harvested this season is the 3rd highest during that time span (full data set in attached table below).

I've been asked a few times today how I would characterize the 2020 spearing season. In my opinion, this season was a success for a variety of reasons. For starters, spearers were able to navigate variable ice conditions to safely participate in the season. Second, there were over 800 spearers that were able to fill their tags. Finally, the 2020 spearing season was another chance for spearers to renew the unique traditions of another sturgeon spearing season. After all, it's the social culture of sturgeon spearing that makes the sport truly unique and special.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18701 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:49 AM »
WS, thanks for the update...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18702 on: Feb 25, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all on the mend keep getting better. Nice to read many have had success out on the ice. IW nice of you to help out on the electrical stuff. I've been gone for a bit a phishing thing on computer froze the screen and it took a bit to clear it up. Have a great day to all.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18703 on: Feb 25, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Steeped outside got a surprise 3* wind chill and snowing
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18704 on: Feb 25, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Zero F and cloudy today up in the North.

I think I may have turned the corner on this bout with the plague finally.
Still sitting on the couch eating crappy food and ballooning
Still don't have the energy to do much yet though.

Marv sorry to hear about your poor saw. Hopefully the Dr. can fix it up for you.

I have a couple of saws myself. A cheap Homelite for limbing and a manly Stihl MS390 for heavier work.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18705 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:35 PM »
Evening all,

Today turned out to be a wash......got up to rain and discovered getting on the lake was going to be a problem (not to mention getting back off at the end of the day)  :-\  Decided to play it smart/safe and headed home, our plans of 3 days on the ice turned to 1   :(   looking at the extended forecast, the season could well be done   ::)  come on spring, it's time to get the boat wet   @)

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18706 on: Feb 25, 2020, 08:59 PM »
Good evening fellow 9:45ers another day with high in low fifties colder weather moving in for the weekend. Rain earlier appears to have stopped.
Eddie thank you for the photos congratulations to Stephen on his small mouth.
Ice Wanderer may Jon's wife approve your work and every thing go well when he tests the generator. I checked a couple local high schools Spring sports schedules lacrosse season will start on March 31 for some teams. The state championship games are usually the second Saturday in June.
Thank you for all the WI. sturgeon spearing information. How many pines do you have left to limb.
Old Goat may the computer problem be resolved.
IFF may the snow fall be little and temperatures rise. Best to you and all your new coworkers with this Friday's store opening.
Drifter hope your correct and have more energy before to long.
Wallyworld sorry the weather and ice conditions cut your trip short .
OldSailor not sure when your wife will start her treatments thinking of both of you and praying for a good out come.

Have a good night and "Hump " day.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18707 on: Feb 26, 2020, 01:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  33* with light rain falling this am, high of 40 today.

Steve...thanks, will pass on the congrats to Steve.  :thumbsup:  How are your lakes holding up down there?
  Wally...that really sucks about the bad weather wrecking your trip, sorry to read that. Was hoping to see some of those giant walleyes topside.  :%$#!:  Better to play it safe for sure though...good call. Were you getting rain and snow up there?
  Bud...how do you like the new job?
  Dave...glad to read that bug is almost gone, damn, it’s been awhile! Best wishes sent your way getting your health and strength back soon Sir!   :thumbsup:
  OG...welcome back, glad you’re up and running again!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the article, very good read. Sure am missing those daily reports already, lol. Nice job on the pines and thanks for sharing the pictures...excellent job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I fished Champlain a few times years ago, but we were further north. Remember an EnCon officer came out to check us on a snowmobile once, and let us know we were actually fishing on the Vermont side. Apparently there were landmarks to line up with separating the two states. Good luck today if you’re heading out for those Lakers with Jon!   :thumbsup:

Starting at 4 again this morning...might see if I can get an afternoon trip in if it’s not raining to bad. 
   Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18708 on: Feb 26, 2020, 02:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 31* with a dusting of snow. ::)
                             Eddie...……..Jon and I are heading to Champlain close to where you fished Sunday. :clap:
                             Wally...……..I'm sorry your three day trip didn't play out, it sure has been a strange winter. >:(
                             Marv...……...Speaking of Spearing, when are you going to get Shamu back on the ice for yourself? ???
                             Dave...……...I'm glad to read that you are feeling a little better, a cold/flue like that will take time to fully recover from. :blink:
                             Steve...……..To me lacrosse is a cross between soccer and football, it sure is a fast moving game. :flex:
                             As I said to Eddie, I'm heading out in a little while to  Lake Champlin for a day of surprise fishing. Y ou never know what will come through the hole.
                             I hope everyone as a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18709 on: Feb 26, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....thanks for all the sturgeon pics and info, really interesting and so different from sturgeon in NYS  ;)   sorry to read about your saw but glad no one was hurt  :clap:

Eddie.....hope you get a chance to hit the ice today, looks like some rough weather moving in for the next few days  :-\

IW.....nice job on the generator hook up  :thumbsup:  good luck  :icefish: today   :flex:

OG.....glad you were able to get up and running again  :clap:

Drifter.....hope you're gaining your strength back a little more each day   :flex:  don't over do tho and have a relapse  :nono:

H2L....sorry to hear you lost 1st place, still time for a come back tho  ;)2

MrC.....thinking you'll be seeing buds on the trees before long in your area  :blink:

IFF.....hope things are a touch warmer today  ;)

Rain today/tonight then a switch over to snow thru Saturday  :wacko: forecast is all over still anywhere from a few inches to a few feet possible  :o  guess we'll know by Sunday  :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Just went to the kitchen for another cup of coffee, looked out the window and there's 25 - 30 robins in the backyard   :o :thumbsup:  boy will they be sorry in a day or two  :pinch:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18710 on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

22 degrees, it's only going up a couple more notches for a high. Tonight single digits, 40 again by the weekend.

Dave glad you are turning the corner, that was a heck of a stretch to endure :cookoo:

IW Shamu is home until next year. The spearing season ended this past Sunday. If I went out now it would be with a portable, but don't see any ice time in my near future.

Eddie hope the weather works out for you this afternoon :thumbsup: Do the days go faster indoors?

WW sorry to read the weather put the boots to you  :%$#!: Now the wait begins for boat time :whistle:

Yesterday I finished the last of my pines. The wind was howling so I didn't get the brush burnt like I was hoping, I'll worry about that another day. Today I have a tree to get on the ground about 10 miles from the house. I am thinking I will be able to knock off a couple of limbs and then roll the old heifer :thumbsup:

Glad you all liked the sturgeon reports and pictures. If I see anymore news or new pictures, I will post them up. For the die hards over there life has ended ;D

Hope you all have an excellent day. work or play! Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18711 on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:22 AM »
33* with light rain here.
WW, sorry the fishing trip was cut short but it was the smart thing to do. Watch the robins and look for new "toys" for the boat.
Drifter, good hear that you are getting better. Just don't over do it making up for lost time.
IW, a couple cool days coming should prolong the season, a little. I see the old sled tracks on the lake yesterday were all slush, so Sacandaga will be getting messy. The edges looked wet.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18712 on: Feb 26, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Cloudy out this morning. 38 degrees here supposed to be close to 50 degrees. My wife is feeling good these days. I may have to see a neurosurgeon. May need to have a stent in my back. They feel there is a blockage.

Hunts2long, Hope you have a good day.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like your busy as usual. That’s good Shamu is home safe and sound. Those Sturgeon reports were great. Thank you

WallyWorld, We don’t have any Robins here. Have you found any toys for the new boat?

Ice Wanderer, Good luck today on lake Champlain. Hope your wife is feeling better.

Mason Eddie, Hope your able to get out on the ice this afternoon.

Tom Turkey, Hope your wife is feeling better. Prayers sent.

Drifter_016, Glad your feeling better.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18713 on: Feb 26, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Not only robins today, a whole flock of red winged blackbirds just appeared in the yard too  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18714 on: Feb 26, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Well its been 7 days of over time.  I am toughing it out with the skin infection in my right leg, and its beginning to ware me down. toward the last of the med's I felt pretty weak walking around.  So when it come time to sort all the lures, I brought in my 3 legged ice fishing chair ;D

Still a ways to go from having it completed, and will be taking the register training in the morning.  Still have some fixtures and product yet to be delivered..So will just have to wait and see.

Still no final word on if I will only be part time or not.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18715 on: Feb 26, 2020, 10:46 PM »
Evening cloudy sky all day weather guessers said we would see some rain this evening so far still dry.Thursday is supposed to be dry and sunny on Friday things start to cool down will probably some more rain and possibly snow before Sunday. To all my fellow NY. residents if you have not already purchased shopping bags that are reusable may want to do so over the next couple of days on Sunday March 1ST the ban on most plastic bags starts so especially for grocery shopping you will need the reusable bags or be stuck with paper bags. I believe plastic bags will still be allowed in produce and meat departments of grocery stores and there is the option for retailers to purchase thicker plastic bags that should be usable for a few shopping trips before needing to be thrown out or hopefully put in with other recyclable garbage items.
Eddie hope you got in a couple hours of fishing after work today.
Ice Wanderer agree with you also seem some elements of hockey in lacrosse with the body and stick checking ,you are correct the pace of play can be fast at times. Looking forward to your report tomorrow may you and Jon have had a good trip to and day of fishing at Lake Champlain.
Whopper Stopper good to read you are finished with the pines on your property and only need to do a final clean up. May every thing have gone well with today's job.
Wallyworld I will have to take a closer look at the trees and flower beds by me you are probably right some trees are budding. May you see more rain the snow over the next few days.
Hunts2long depending on the weather GSL will likely have a crowd over this weekend as folks get in one last ice fishing trip.
Icefisher-45 happy to read your wife is doing good in controlling her blood sugar levels. IF you have the stent installed may it work as the doctors think and you finally get some relief from the headaches.
IFF if you end up on a register this weekend hope there is room for some type of chair or stool so you can get off the leg when needed during the day. It is none of my business but may you stay part time if that is your desire and provides the finances you need to meet expenses.
Drifter did you go to work today or will you be at home until Monday.
Capt.Jim next time you post may it be with good news on your medical issues.

May everyone have  a safe and good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18716 on: Feb 27, 2020, 01:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 34* this am, some strong winds expected today, gusts up to 50, high of 38.

Steve...thanks for the reminder on the bags, local coffee shop chain has been using paper bags now since last week. Passed on the fishing yesterday, it was raining and drizzle here.
  Bud...wow, racking up the hours! Best wishes sent on the leg , hope the infection clears soon.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...glad to read your wife is doing well, hope the stent will be successful for you.   :thumbsup:
  H2...if your getting the rain up there, imagine the shorelines could be a problem  over the next day or so.
  Marv...hope yesterday’s tree job went well for you!  :thumbsup:   The day goes by pretty good being inside, seems the last hour drags on though for whatever the reason, lol.
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report today, hope you guys did well out there!   :thumbsup:

Starting at 4 again today and tomorrow...got a feeling this may be the starting new hours .
  Yesterday there was some type of event for the K-9 units, believe there were 13 of them at the job site. We’re working close to the main entry doors, and it’s amazing how many people have the balls to smoke weed right out in front of the entrance. Think at least one of them found out yesterday it’s not legal here yet, lol.  :nono:
  Time to get ready for today’s adventures....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18717 on: Feb 27, 2020, 05:08 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

16 heading to 25 later on today. They are still saying 40 by Saturday.

Eddie careful if working around the entrance, hard to say what the second hand smoke would do :whistle: Early starts suck but they sure make for a nice afternoon :thumbsup:

Bud sorry to read the leg is still bothering, that has to make it tough faced with all the hours :%$#!:

Yesterdays tree took longer than planned however that was a good thing. Once it hit the ground the guy let out a grunt and am expletive as to how big it was. He had me cut it up as he decided he couldn't handle it. Always nice when they add onto the job.

The guy in NJ is set to receive my saw today. He told me last night he is all set to work on it Saturday and will keep me posted on what he finds.

I am off to the bus stop this morning to drop the wife off. After that I will have to find something to do until noon. The "Greenhorn" I used to talk about called yesterday and was wondering if I wanted to meet up for a burger and beer today. After that I have to check on snow conditions at another job I had to wait on.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18718 on: Feb 27, 2020, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Marv and the rest of the ER's. 26* here and hovering for 2 days then warm-warmer- hopefully not to warm. Mason I still have some of the light weight line here if you want to try a spool of it. IFF hope the leg issue clears up soon. Drifter glad the bug is releasing it's grip on you. Dr. app. today check up on ticker. Have a great day all.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18719 on: Feb 27, 2020, 06:02 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                            I lost my first attempt to post this morning. :o
                            It's 35* and another dusting of snow over night. more is expected. ::)
                            Eddie...…...Jon and I fished in the exact same area as you and your boys did after comparing the pictures that you posted. :whistle:
                    I brought home a mixture of  33 fish, Black and White Crappie, White and Yellow Perch. Jon was there Tuesday and Landed a $0" 17 lb. Pike. :flex: :clap:
                            Marv...…...For a retired guy you sure do a lot of tree work. lol How is your arthritis treating you these days? ??? Have a good lunch with the
                    greenhorn. :clap:
                            H2L...……..It was slushy on Champlain yesterday but it's suppose to get colder on the weekend to tighten things up unless we get a lot
                    of snow. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            I-45...…….My wife is feeling better thank you for asking. She had her last radiation treatment on the 18th and saw the oncologist last
                    Monday. She will be starting a medication that is suppose to help keep the cancer from returning, she will be taking it for the rest of her life. :o
                    I hope the new procedure helps. :thumbsup:
                            Steve......I have the reusable grocery bags but sometime I forget to take them in to the store. I guess I'll have to remember because they
                   say that they will charge 5 cents a bag for paper bags. :o
                            Wally......I hope the birds return is a sign of an early spring. :unsure: But I have seen 7' of snow fall in March. :o
                            Bud...…...Take care of that infection. :flex: I hope the new store hires some help for you. :unsure:
                            Not much going on today, cleaning some fish later this morning.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out in the elements.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.