Author Topic: 4 go thru at Rockport  (Read 794 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
4 go thru at Rockport
« on: Feb 08, 2015, 12:41 AM »
Be safe everyone, if theres open water around the edges that stuff can shift all over with the slightest breeze

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=33393357&nid=148&title=4-fishermen-fall-through-ice-at-rockport-reservoir&s_cid=queue-2
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: 4 go thru at Rockport
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2015, 02:02 AM »
Thanks muskyon46.     :bow:

Whew !   I'm so very glad they not only survived but were treated and released.  I'll guess heat and dry were a big part of that.

If we could get Park Manager Donnell's word out to everyone it may save lives.    "It's over !"     Got that ?   Good.

Jeez, they swam ashore, brr, I feel hypothermia.      :nono:

Offline spence1ca

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 4 go thru at Rockport
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2015, 09:41 AM »
I am really glad I didn't go to Rockport. A buddy and I were headed to Strawberry Saturday AM but obviously didn't get further than Heber due to the canyon being closed. We decided to go take a look at Echo since I have never been. We did see Rockport but didn't stop there luckily. I probably would have seen the ice and given it a try. Then I would have been in the same boat as those guys. Just glad that they are ok. I did make it back up to Strawberry later in the day. Ice was still good. Fishing was slow. Beautiful day though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.