Author Topic: Anybody heading out this weekend?  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anybody heading out this weekend?
« on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Just curious if/where anyone is heading?

I haven't been overly impressed with Mantua (although the ice was in great shape on Sunday)... just a long haul with little to show for it.

Anybody here fish Deer Creek Reservoir? I thought maybe some of the coves would be iced up by now.

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Re: Anybody heading out this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:50 PM »
planning on a quick trip to Mantua Friday AM.  I did good last week there on perch and rainbows.  Didn't want to fight the crowds for the bluegills.
s.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:59 PM »
I would have to see it to believe it.  I drove by Friday on my way to Park City and again on the way back.  Very little ice in the back of the Wallsburg bay on the way up.  Nothin' left of it on the way back.
http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_2week.cgi?unit=0&hour1=0&type=1&var1=TMPF&day1=14&month1=12&year1=2011&stn1=K36U

They've had some 46° weather since then.  Deer Creek is usually after Christmas.  But if you make it up there and find some ice, let us know.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:05 PM »
wish i could get out this weekend  :( if your looking for some different ice you could try causey it has 3-6in of solid black ice with little snow on it . catch rates would probably be better at mantua though, but definately more room to stretch your wings at causey
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:25 PM »
wish i could get out this weekend  :( if your looking for some different ice you could try causey it has 3-6in of solid black ice with little snow on it . catch rates would probably be better at mantua though, but definately more room to stretch your wings at causey
Tiger trout too. Hope they are a bit bigger this year.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Tiger trout too. Hope they are a bit bigger this year.

lol them splake and tigers do need to be stretched up there
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:05 PM »
when they put the splake in there years ago i had some high hopes of them reaching 10lbs  :o maybe im just dreaming
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:55 PM »
I thinking Electric Lake, or possiblyI might try Strawberry!!!  I wish there were more waters that were froze.

Offline Itinerant

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2011, 09:08 PM »
I haven't been overly impressed with Mantua (although the ice was in great shape on Sunday)... just a long haul with little to show for it.

Mantua is not a tough nut to crack. Fish early or late, fish small, find some weeds and catch a lot of panfish. I never target the rainbows, but last weekend 3 of us caught about a dozen in 4 four hours of panfishing. I'll be there again tomorrow and Saturday.

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2011, 08:24 AM »
I'll be hitting Mantua Saturday Morning, unless i can find some ice on lost creek or strawberry first... 

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:01 AM »
chesterfeild gotta use up this years idaho licence was goin to go last weekend but i ended up at mantua, but it was good and i think the trout have grown from last year and the perch fishing has got better for me anyway  :)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:52 AM »
chesterfield is iced up really good. had some buddies up there last friday and between 4 they pulled around 50 fish with 23" being the biggest. good luck, oh ya the ice was about 7in where they fished across from the ramp. hardly any snow there either told me they wished they would've taken the car to save on gas
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Thanks for the update muskyon46 ,  i need to catch a toad, ive been fishing every weekend since nov 6 and 16 inches is my biggest this season i am due

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2011, 05:38 PM »
You should not have a prob beating that 16in up there. Them trout have recovered great since they drained it. we always do good in 10ft in the morn then out to 20 if they slow down. I pulled a 27in outta there last labor day
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Yeah i have been fishing up there for years caught many that went 5-6 pounds its one of my favorite places, wished i did not live in clinton just a long drive

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.