Author Topic: Greasing heritage laker actuator tube???  (Read 972 times)

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Greasing heritage laker actuator tube???
« on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Searched and can't find anything.  Mine work fine but just wondering how the heck I would re-grease this tube??  Just buy a new one?  Would applying heat be able to push/pull some grease in there?? 

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Greasing heritage laker actuator tube???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:41 AM »
I've had mine for nearly 20 years and haven't had the need to grease them yet.

They get used an average of 60 days per year, from minus 40 to freezing rain conditions and have never had one fail yet.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:43 AM »
I would think that grease would hinder the operation of the tube, not help it.  Most grease will thicken up pretty good when it gets cold out.  Why are you applying the grease in the first place?  The only reason I can think of might be to prevent water from freezing in there.  If that is the case, I would tend to use a light oil, not grease.  Trouble is the oil will attract dirt to the tube.  I'd try cleaning them out by running some yarn down the tube & pull it back & forth (maybe with some degreaser if you've already greased them) to clean them out.

Offline Bear32

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2011, 05:38 PM »
  Most trip tubes are packed with grease. This prevents freeze up's. It's there for a reason. ;) As far as the lakers not sure how you would re grease, other than taking them apart or trying to squeeze a grease needle between the wire & trip tube....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.