Author Topic: Tip-Ups Everywhere  (Read 3110 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tip-Ups Everywhere
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:05 PM »
I am looking for a new tip-up and I was wondering what you favorite tip-up is and why it is your favorite.  Thank you
  :tipup:     :icefish:      :tipup:

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tip-Ups Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2009, 01:25 AM »
Have to say Heritage Lakers.  I switched to lakers this season after using polar style ones for about 5 years.  I absolutely love my lakers.  Can see them from a longer distance than the polars....the flags are high and cannot be missed.  I was constantly losing track of my polars when there was any snow on the lake plus if it was snowing and blowing I was chasing wind flags all day.  I do miss seeing the mechanism spin with a running fish....I fised this by spooling all 6 of my lakers with white dacron line that has blue and red thread woven in......can't see if a fish is runnig as I aproach the hole, but once I'm there I can look down and easily tell if the spool is spinning. 
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2009, 01:48 AM »
I changed my flags to black flags, they stand out better in the snow.
Gator Nation

Offline MRwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Heritage Lakers hands down. Easy to see, fished in 50MPH winds a couple weeks ago and no wind flags and they have a drag system.  Well worth the money.

Offline hardwater101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Check out indian hill ice traps. Way better than lakers. Google it

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2009, 09:33 AM »
We have a IS member that's building tip-ups - JCaughtem

They look sweet and those folks that have made a purchase from him all seem to agree that they are top-shelf stuff.  I ordered 5 and should have them later this week - hoping to put them to the test this weekend  ;D  I'll be reporting.  His latest design is bit different and "better" than the pic in his original post.  He will make them whatever size you want - I believe.

Check his stuff out, he's a "good guy".  8)

Offline Fishin34

• IceShanty Rookie
  • C&R
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:54 PM »
I have a ton of different kinds, but my favs are the HT tip-up. They have a bright green base. They are fairly inexpensive and have held up great. The reason I like them is because they have a huge METAL reel on them.  Makes everything easier when dealing with them, and some of my plastic reels have cracked in the real cold weather. I might be a bit biased, but it just seems like every time I have a flag, it comes on my HT.

Offline SLIMREHM

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2008--2009--New-MarCum- lx5-2500-#1 in ice fishing
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:49 PM »
I HAVE THE BEVER DAMS AND LOVE THEM  :tipup: :tipup:
        WORK IS FOR GUYS WHO DON,T ICE FISH             Slim Rehm...

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Hardwater101 is right. Indian hill.  A few bucks more, but well worth it, they will last a lifetime. Order 1 and check it out, you will buy more. http://indianhillicetraps.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.