The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch Patrol at Devils Lake ND  (Read 5694 times)

Offline Qceskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
Perch Patrol at Devils Lake ND
« on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:33 AM »
I'm heading up to Devils Lake ND to fish for a couple of days with the Perch Patrol. Has anybody ever been up there and can offer some thoughts on what to expect.  I have had really bad luck with ice guides in the past and want to improve my experience.

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Perch Patrol at Devils Lake ND
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2017, 12:18 PM »
They can be hit or miss. Depends who takes you out.  We go up every year feb 12th for a week .  For good pizza and beers hit "Proz Cabbose "  another good place for sit down food is "The Ranch " . It was tough bite for us last year . Dave from Mquoids put us on fish everyday though .

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2017, 12:26 PM »
You'd be better off posting this in the ND forum.

Offline buttontate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2017, 02:40 PM »
We have been using Perch Patrol for about 5 years now and would recommend them to anybody needing guide services. You are not guaranteed limit perch, this is for sure, but they try their best to put you on fish. Ask for Nick Fautsch, Korey Sprengel, Tanner Thomas, or Tanner Paine for your guide. We went for 3 days this year, 2 of the days were tough but the 3rd made up for it.

Offline whip2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2017, 02:59 PM »
Why are there Zip-Ties in some of the Perch in the Pictures?

whip2

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2017, 03:52 PM »

whip2

I suspect so that the anglers can comply with the law and identify each persons individual limit, (the ones they themselves caught).  We used to do this when we went out to Lake Erie each spring.  Each person in the group used a different color.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline Qceskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Cool thanks everyone.  I have heard good and bad, but the bad was from people that didn't catch fish which you can't predict.  We have korey, so I am excited about our chances.  Thanks again for the information!

Offline buttontate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2017, 06:42 PM »

whip2

So we could keep track of who caught the biggest fish! Some of the guys went a little overboard on marking their fish, haha

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Korey Sprengel from Wisconsin is a Perch Patrol guide ?
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline firefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Perch patrol was on stump lake on Wednesday this week, a group of guys that stayed at the same lodge as us were with them.  Their group of 3 cleaned 30 perch that day. Same day we cleaned 8 perch, so they did better than we did without a guide. That lake is so vast that, in hind site, I probably should have shelled out the dough on the first day to get a better handle on what to look for. The locals said that we picked one of the worst years to come to Devils lake. It definitely wasn't what I expected when I hopped in my truck and started driving 1100 miles but we did enjoy ourselves for the most part. If you want a couple of spots or areas to try shoot me a pm. We didn't do very well, but we did get some good info on the last night in the cleaning house.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2017, 06:52 PM »
My wife and I went out there for he first time last winter over New Years, we fished the first day with Tom from Perch Patrol and did really well. We fished on Stump and ended with 38 all between 9in and 13in. He moved us a couple times and once we landed on consistent action, that is where we stayed. We will be going back in the next year or two for sure. Day two we rented a hard house thru Woodland and did well on walleyes too

Offline Qceskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Perch patrol was on stump lake on Wednesday this week, a group of guys that stayed at the same lodge as us were with them.  Their group of 3 cleaned 30 perch that day. Same day we cleaned 8 perch, so they did better than we did without a guide. That lake is so vast that, in hind site, I probably should have shelled out the dough on the first day to get a better handle on what to look for. The locals said that we picked one of the worst years to come to Devils lake. It definitely wasn't what I expected when I hopped in my truck and started driving 1100 miles but we did enjoy ourselves for the most part. If you want a couple of spots or areas to try shoot me a pm. We didn't do very well, but we did get some good info on the last night in the cleaning house.

What is making this year so bad?  Now I'm a little bummed

Offline whip2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2017, 10:50 AM »
So we could keep track of who caught the biggest fish! Some of the guys went a little overboard on marking their fish, haha

Thanks for sharing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.