Author Topic: Its Lake Dauphin March 12-13th..UPDATE!!  (Read 16074 times)

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Its Lake Dauphin March 12-13th..UPDATE!!
« Reply #60 on: Mar 09, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Grump - do you (or someone out there Friday night) have a cell #?  Assuming there is coverage, we can either give you a better idea of when to expect us or, heaven forbid, something happens to make us cancel.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 10, 2005, 10:51 AM »
So Grump....How much snow did you get up that way ??? Do you think we will still be able to drive onto the ice ??? I know I won't have a problem (FORD) but I want to do some fishing....not just towing GM's and Dodges around all day  :roflmao: :roflmao:

grumpymoe

« Reply #62 on: Mar 10, 2005, 11:45 AM »
AC.....just a dusting this morning with high winds....talked to Rod at rockbottom this morning...not much to speak of....with last weekends thaw, you could pretty much drive anywhere on the lake where we are located....just dont go on the original road....the guys that give us access will likely plow (if needed)....so either way....no danger of getting into trouble....Grump

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #63 on: Mar 10, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Is there a check-in point on the farm where we should pay a fee or anything?  Somebody posted a while back about a $2 fee on Lake Dauphin, but I don't know if this is the spot.  If there's no more snow before Saturday, we're still good to go.  I hope the snow eases off with no drifting because my Caravan just doesn't have the clearance you guys have with trucks.  I also hope a road will be cleared onto the ice so I can get the van on, or I'll have to unload the gear and park it in the farmyard, then trust you guys to help ferry the gear out.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

grumpymoe

« Reply #64 on: Mar 10, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Monophil....talked to rockbottom this morning...just a light dusting at Dauphin....he was driving on the lake yesterday....checkpoin t is just an old washtub...honor system....$2.00 and if needed, they will have a road onto the lake....if for any unforseen reason that you cannot get out with the van, we can ferry...no problem....heading into the city tonight and back out for tomorrow night...Grump

Rock Bottom

« Reply #65 on: Mar 10, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Just heading out to Grumps shack with habenero Bob we will let you all know about the roads and fishing tomorrow morning..Rod

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Mar 10, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Right now, road conditions don't look to bad - http://tgs.gov.mb.ca/roadinfo/default.asp?varLanguage=English.  I will keep an eye on things though.  AC, if you get out at your expected time, you could probably call us at home with a road report  ;D

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 11, 2005, 10:19 AM »
Golly, it seems to change hourly!  Friday, 10:17 AM, and there are large stretches of #5 Hwy and #68 through the L. Manitoba narrows where travel is not advised, including the hwy up to Ochre River........ Guess we'll just have to keep an eye on snowfall and wind conditions.  In the meantime, I'm packing to be ready to go tomorrow AM.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Rock Bottom

« Reply #68 on: Mar 11, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Here is a picture of the shack set up available for tomorrow night.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.