The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Maine Lake Charts  (Read 10320 times)

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Maine Lake Charts
« on: Jan 24, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Gearing up for the Moosehead trip this weekend and wanted to pick a depth map of the lake. I got one a couple of years ago for Sebago from Maine Lake Charts out of Gardiner maine. These maps contain incredible detail of the lakes but googled the name and nothing did a little research and come to find out they have sold the business so If you guys see some of those maps in the local stores I would grab one I found a few up to LL Bean nothing for Sebago though

Offline antlerdawg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Maine Lake Charts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2011, 01:52 PM »
I've been trying to see what I could find, coming up with the same results.  Got to be out there somewhere.

Offline FATDOG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:06 PM »
The company that bought them is from North Carolina, they still sell the maps but they wont answer emails that I have sent in the past few weeks. guess I will have to try calling them. Sad to see a Maine company go down the tubes!

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:11 PM »
This isn't a great chart but if you piece it to an area you want and print it in sections it's not bad. That lake is so large it's difficult to get an overview of the whole lake. :)

You have to use your zoom tools to get it where you can read it.

http://www.pearl.maine.edu/DaDataUpload/BMaps/0390.jpg
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Shepabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:13 PM »
A pricier alternative is a Lakemaster chip for your GPS if you have one that will take an SD card.  I've got a chip in my Lowrance HDS 7 and that thing will not only show you the various lake depths, It'll tell you where you are in relation to map!!!   I use mine mostly for Seaducking and it keeps me off the ledges and rocks.  Way better than a just a map.  Navionics is the chip I have.  It has hi def detail of Sebago, Moosehead and a couple other Maine lakes.

Try this link to get a list of the lakes covered by the east coast chip  http://www.navionics.com/LakeList_HMPlatinum.asp?RegionID=3

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:15 PM »
A pricier alternative is a Lakemaster chip for your GPS if you have one that will take an SD card.  I've got a chip in my Lowrance HDS 7 and that thing will not only show you the various lake depths, It'll tell you where you are in relation to map!!!   I use mine mostly for Seaducking and it keeps me off the ledges and rocks.  Way better than a just a map.  Navionics is the chip I have.  It has hi def detail of Sebago, Moosehead and a couple other Maine lakes.

Try this link to get a list of the lakes covered by the east coast chip  http://www.navionics.com/LakeList_HMPlatinum.asp?RegionID=3
X2
For Moosehead this is the way to go!!!
I takethe chip out of my boat in the fall so i can use it with my Lowrance h2o ifinder!!

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:17 PM »
I have one of the most detailed maps you'll find for Moosehead + Sebago. I'll have to dig em out and see if I can get copies made. They are a lot bigger then a 8x11 sheet of paper, but I think the copy places can do a bigger sheets.

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:17 PM »
If you liked the maine lake charts you'll love these................. ................http://www.richardsonscharts.com/product_detail.php?id=195 ....................

Blows the maine lake charts maps away.

Offline BJTbelgrade

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:35 PM »
I may have one i have several if i do I'll PM you.

Offline BJTbelgrade

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:46 PM »
no moosehead sorry

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:47 PM »

Picked up the moosehead lake today at beans but thanks a ton

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:48 PM »
If you liked the maine lake charts you'll love these................. ................http://www.richardsonscharts.com/product_detail.php?id=195 ....................

Blows the maine lake charts maps away.

Is there that much differnce in the detail or just the color scheme I cant zoom in enough to see the spot grades

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Just found out who bought him out its called fishinghotspots.com they are still carrying his format but are in  the process of changing it

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:03 PM »
I imagine you've seen the charts on the ifw site. If not, most of the lakes in maine are on it. Pretty good source!

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/lakesurvey_maps/piscataquis/moosehead_lake.pdf
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:04 PM »
I used to love the ice out information on that website.  It was a good site and owned by a nice Maine guy.  To bad he had to sell.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Ill have the moosehead lake map (maine charts) down with me to moosehead  also the lawrence h20 with the lake master chart in it    that should do us to plan it out this week  / weekend
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:29 PM »
PM sent Dick  ;)

Offline JBC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2011, 12:42 AM »
"The Maine Fishing Guide was developed by the Fisheries Division of the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife to assist anglers in locating Maine's most common sportfish and to help plan for your next outdoor fishing adventure. This Google Earth application allows anglers to readily locate principal lake and pond fisheries for coldwater species and bass; as well as the presence of other warmwater sportfish species identified as principal fisheries or present. The fish species data layers are periodically updated by the Department. We have also included several other useful Google Earth layers developed by MDIFW, other State agencies, and private entities. We plan to periodically add additional layers as they become available or based upon requests from our angling community. We think you will enjoy this user friendly resource guide and hope that it helps with your next fishing trip to or within the State of Maine."

How to get started with MDIFW’s Maine Fishing Guide Google Earth application:

You will need to have Google Earth installed to view this data. Go here:

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/fishingGuide.html

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:00 AM »
Wow! Thanks. Haven't checked that one out yet! Iwonder if something like that can be put on my PN 40 gps.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Pick one up at Indian Hill on the way by.

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:47 AM »
Pick one up at Indian Hill on the way by.

They were out as of Sunday and cant get anymore

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:49 AM »
Wow! Thanks. Haven't checked that one out yet! Iwonder if something like that can be put on my PN 40 gps.
get teh navionics lake charts on your pn-40. 

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2011, 11:17 AM »
sorry guys I've been falling behind on reading these threads. I've got the maps in stock. "fishing hot spots"

-Dylan
Marcel & Dylan Larose
559 minot ave (207) 783-0388

Offline fishermarsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 05, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Hey guys, check this site out.  It doesn't have all the lakes, but I know it has Moosehead and Sebago.  Its also got much better satelite pictures then terraserver does.  It also has some pretty neat tools that you can mess around with.
http://mapper.angling-technologies.com/atom/pmap.php

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.