Author Topic: NEW TO THE ICE  (Read 1121 times)

Offline ICEROOOKIE23

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH FOR LIFE
NEW TO THE ICE
« on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:24 AM »
I LIVE IN BOISE AND HAVE TO MAKE A BIT OF A DRIVE TO GET TO THE ICE. RIGHT NOW I SEE MY ONLY OPTIONS AS MAGIC RESERVOIR OR CASCADE. I WENT TO MAGIC FOR MY FIRST TIME EVER ON THE ICE LAST WEEK. HAD A GREAT TIME. THE PERCH WERE SMALL BUT I CAUGHT SOME NICE RAINBOWS. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET INTO SOME GOOD PERCH OR CRAPPIE. IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS ON OTHER PLACES TO GO OR WHAT TO USE WHERE... I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Offline pimplimp

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: NEW TO THE ICE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Rookie, Cascade has Perch and Jumbos they can be hit and miss. There is a group of us going up on Sunday your more than welcome to come along. Let me know and I'll give you the details.

Offline ICEROOOKIE23

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH FOR LIFE
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:06 AM »
THANKS PIMPLIMP, MIGHT TAKE YOU UP ON CASCADE SUNDAY, WAS THINKIN  BOUT GOIN BACK TO MAGIC AGAIN BUT ID LIKE TO TRY SOMEWHERE NEW WITH SOME JUMBO PERCH. HOW MANY MAKIN THE TRIP?

Offline pimplimp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:22 PM »
There going to be 5 possibly 7. We drill a lot of holes and cover alot of water. We are going to meet in the Winco parking lot at conner of State st and hwy 55 at 7:00am. I'll be in a Red Ford explorer with a Jetsled strapped to the top. If we don't see you good luck at Magic.

Offline ICEROOOKIE23

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH FOR LIFE
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 10:47 PM »
pimp, how was the fishing at cascade? went to strike and caught my limit of trout. took 7 hours but they were all 17" and over. biggest was 21". hope to hit the ice again real soon. let me know when you all head out again. maybe i will tag along.

rookie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.