Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show???  (Read 3519 times)

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
St. Paul Ice Fishing Show???
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 11:38 AM »
Ok boys and girls, who all is going to the BEST show in the the country? It's Nov. 30 - Dec. 2, 2007.
HOURS: Fri. 1pm to 9pm... Sat. 10am to 7pm... Sun. 10am to 5pm.

We are hoping to be there Sat. :clap: :thumbsup:

Crowbait :whistle:

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:55 PM »
My wife, Icejohn, his son, and myself are going up on Sat. It'll be the first time for my wife and I and I'm looking forward to it!

Ed

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007, 02:27 PM »
If you need any info on the area let me know. I might be able to help.

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Ed,
We met at the Hawgs fall outing at Brushy. I will  atleast know a couple of faces up there.

Frank

Offline icey kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:51 PM »
i will probably be there on saturday

Offline bhorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:59 PM »
I'll be there. Can't wait!!!

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Ed,
We met at the Hawgs fall outing at Brushy. I will  atleast know a couple of faces up there.

Frank

Sounds good hope we meet up with you there!!

Ed

Offline hawkeyejr69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Is it worth the trip up from central iowa?????

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:36 PM »

Y E S
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline iowaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2007, 07:25 PM »
I'll be there Sat. as well with my dad and another buddy.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:23 AM »
I will be going up on Sat with CSP88,  Munchy71 and NEIAIceMan :tipup:

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:58 AM »
I will be going up on Sat with CSP88

You are a brave man... ;D

Sounds like a sweet road trip.  Wanna know a sweet place to eat??  Mancinis...it's in St. Paul just check the phone book.  Best filet in mlps area...and under $20.  Capone used to eat there and it's very mob-ish.  High back leather round booths.  But that's not why I go.  Order that filet black and purple and tell me I'm wrong.

ps - If you need bail money for CSP....pm me.  I'll check my email before I got to bed.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:03 AM »
You are a brave man... ;D

Sounds like a sweet road trip.  Wanna know a sweet place to eat??  Mancinis...it's in St. Paul just check the phone book.  Best filet in mlps area...and under $20.  Capone used to eat there and it's very mob-ish.  High back leather round booths.  But that's not why I go.  Order that filet black and purple and tell me I'm wrong.

ps - If you need bail money for CSP....pm me.  I'll check my email before I got to bed.

That is a good place to eat and just down West Seventh Street from the show.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:18 AM »
Last time I went ...ohhh man.  They bring you out a plate of sweet peppers, tomatos, and bread...the veggies are in an awesome Italian dressing and just rock.  This is before you even get a menu.  That is cool it is that close to the show.  If you think a great supper has to cost $40...think again.   This is a nice change from TGIF Applegardens.  Unique in every sense of the word and casual as they come.  And you can watch them cook your steak from almost any seat in the house.  Never had the pasta.  But it's Italian...gotta be good.

Now I'm really pi$$ed I'm birdin this Sat.  We better get quick limits.  Anyone going to be around Wayne, PM me....we do have birds at the inlaws! 
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Last time I went ...ohhh man.  They bring you out a plate of sweet peppers, tomatos, and bread...the veggies are in an awesome Italian dressing and just rock.  This is before you even get a menu.  That is cool it is that close to the show.  If you think a great supper has to cost $40...think again.   This is a nice change from TGIF Applegardens.  Unique in every sense of the word and casual as they come.  And you can watch them cook your steak from almost any seat in the house.  Never had the pasta.  But it's Italian...gotta be good.

Now I'm really pi$$ed I'm birdin this Sat.  We better get quick limits.  Anyone going to be around Wayne, PM me....we do have birds at the inlaws! 

Nick Mancini passed away this year. From the size of the funeral you would think he was a head of state or something.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2007, 01:50 PM »
That's a shame.  He was always so cool.  I never stopped there and didn't have him visit out table.  Remembered me everytime after my second visit...."Nebraskans know their steaks"  I did give him the honest truth when I said his filet buried Manny's in MLPS and was $15 cheaper.  He's the man....

Offline icey kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2007, 10:08 PM »
anyone still gonna try to get to the show this weekend.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2007, 10:14 PM »
I am going tomorrow (friday), those who have to drive a distance- keep an eye on the weather this saturday and sunday. One of St Pauls zips is 55111 (I used to live there) in case you wanted to look it up on Yahoo weather.

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2007, 07:15 AM »
Im heading up today after work and trying to hit Thorne Bros, the show, and Cabelas all in one day.  It just might be my best day of the year not fishing!!!  ;D

Show starts at 1 pm and runs till 9 pm.  Ive never been to it before but am really excited about it.  Im hoping to get a deal on some Arctic Armor bibs and jacket that im getting for christmas as well as some reel weeds.

I will try and post tonight about the show if i get time.  Keep an eye on the weather too because Sat-Sun isnt sounding that pleasant at all!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2007, 10:45 AM »
You guys are nuts. :o  Snow and ice storm hitting up in this area Saturday into Sunday 35mph winds too.  Minnesota is supposed to get it even worse.  Id plan an alternate way home.  Just in case they shut down I35.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2007, 01:33 PM »
a few of are planning on going in the morning..if mother nature permits ;)

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Was there today- awesome as always (went last year too). The deals are great, and the wheel houses are enough to make a guy drool all over himself. I got a $139 Strikemaster jacket for $50  :o

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:36 AM »
So did some of you Iowegians make it up?

All I got was a look from overhead as I was heading to the Wild games on Saturday and Sunday.

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Yes, my wife and I along with John and his son went up on Sat. and we are going back next year with more money!!! :whistle:

Ed

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:59 PM »
With the weather they were talking about we went up Friday. That is the day we will be going up from now on.
Got there a little before opening, got tickets and there were only about 20 people ahead of us. Last year it was such a zoo on Sat. you had a tuff time seeing anything. We took our time and visited with everyone we (I) wanted to talk to. We were there from opening till about 7pm. Then we walked over and took in our first Mn. WILD hockey game. What a great first NHL game. The WILD won in OT. We were going to stay up there but with the weather coming decided to head for home. We pulled in the driveway a little after 1am. Looked over the goodies we brought home till around 3am. Was up at 5am listening to the ice and freezing rain hit the side of the house. It was a long day, but one of the best ones in a long time.
For those that haven't been to the St. Paul ice fishing show you really need to try and make it some time.
It's like the Barnum & Bailey circus...THE GREATEST (ICE FISHING) SHOW ON EARTH!!!  ;D

Frank :whistle:

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #25 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Hey Frank.  how ya doin?  Sounds like you had a good time at the ice show.  We still need to get together some time.  I know your dying to try out all that gear you bought at the show :laugh:.  Keep in touch and see you on the ice.

Tom

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 06, 2007, 08:23 PM »
Tom,

Good to hear from you...I haven't used any of the new stuff we got up at the show yet...maybe this weekend if we can get away. Maybe we will run into each other this season on Clear Lake.

Frank

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.