Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: IGL  (Read 16330 times)

Offline jacobh73

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: IGL
« Reply #60 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:29 AM »
Wow we need something positive to talk about. Has anyone gone out deeper on spirit. Also dose anyone know if any of the bays on west have frozen. I know it usual takes a few weeks after spirit gose for west to go.

Offline Iowan55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 06, 2010, 05:37 AM »
I make my money on out of towners to but don't mean I have to like them. .

Jeez Shaley..... whoops I mean Essox Magnum   ;D ---- you make it sound like you are a lifer from the IGLs. Cmon man how long have you really lived up there ?
Just a simple fisherman

Offline ScaleHusker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 06, 2010, 06:29 AM »
Tell ya what I will be sure every trip to buy all bait, and any gear needed BEFORE I head up there......... want to make sure I don't give a nickle  to Scrooge  up there. I'm not even gonna buy a tank of gas around there, yes people who leave trash on the lake need a good A$$ chewin but don't point the finger at the nearest outta county plate.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 06, 2010, 08:34 AM »
Esox Magnum
This whole fishing thing is just way to stressfull for you. I would give it up and start a WINERY!!!

I do not like all the garbage either ,but to point your finger solely at out of towners is a little unfair. Locals spend way more of their time on the lakes, my guess would be a lot of that junk could be from your neighbors.

I personally do not crowd anybody out there, fish tend to move away from the noise, just have to follow them all part of the game these days.

Sorry, this post would be more fun to click on if there was a fishing report/ tips (your hotspot), not this crap my post included.

Let's just talk FISH'IN

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 06, 2010, 10:08 AM »
 This "trash" talkin should be on face book with their other boring and pointless posts.  Why argue about the obvious, who in the heck likes litter lying around anyway.  My advice, keep your mouth shut and pick it up.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:26 AM »
Trash is bad on the ice around here also.  If enough people cared get about 5 guys together and just go pick it up late ice.  Drink some beers in the process and do a good deed for the lake and fellow anglers that fish the lake.  Maybe if people were seen picking up other peoples trash the litter bugs would give a hoot and not pollute. :tipup:

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Jeez Shaley..... whoops I mean Essox Magnum   ;D ---- you make it sound like you are a lifer from the IGLs. Cmon man how long have you really lived up there ?

Moved up here in 2004, if you realy want to know I'm not even a native Iowan thank god, born and bred Minnesotan.I aslo said it's not just the out of towners that are the slobs. I also could care less where guys spend their money, I honestly spend mine out of town on 90% of my gear. I could care less what anyone thinks of me I do my thing and do it well, I'll help those that are respectful and to those that aren't I'll send you to the dead sea and not loose any sleep over it. I know most don't understand where I come from as most of you that fish up here only do it a few times a year and not on the ice or water 140 days a year being followed, cut off crowded ect. You know it's bad when the local guides spend a week chasing you down and moving in on you when they find you. So excuse me if I don't give out info but if you want it those of you with my number will get it.

Offline JCrawford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Dec 06, 2010, 03:37 PM »
LMAO!!! I used to feel like that when I was fishing bass tournaments every weekend. Binoc fishermen torque me off. I don't eat fish and just enjoy the company and fish catching. If anyone sees me on the ice you are welcome to come over but if you are into catching a pile through the ice.. You might want to just avoid me.. unless I am in a bass boat..

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 06, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Winters the only time I catch fish to eat, summers all tourneys and CPR, forgot about the IGL fishfinders to the mighty binocs. Want to feel crowded  ice fish without a shack and start catching fish, soon you won't be able to move after everyone starts fishing around you. Same goes in the summer throw out a boat attractor and watch them come.

Offline screeby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Dec 06, 2010, 03:46 PM »
esox - how does a person get a hold of you. got a question u may be able to point me in the right direction.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Dec 06, 2010, 04:27 PM »
pm will work

Offline screeby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Dec 06, 2010, 05:06 PM »
It doesn't appear I have that option. Looks like I can recieve but not able to send.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Dec 06, 2010, 05:22 PM »
my e mails in my profile

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Dec 06, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Tell ya what I will be sure every trip to buy all bait, and any gear needed BEFORE I head up there......... want to make sure I don't give a nickle  to Scrooge  up there. I'm not even gonna buy a tank of gas around there, yes people who leave trash on the lake need a good A$$ chewin but don't point the finger at the nearest outta county plate.

Cool. That means you won't be making it any more than a day trip. Have fun driving three hours to fish for a day. ::)

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Dec 06, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Closer to 4 hours, it's 5 hours from my house to PC. A trip I'll be making come April and May a few times.

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Closer to 4 hours, it's 5 hours from my house to PC. A trip I'll be making come April and May a few times.

What your going out of town to catch muskies?!?! Justin and jonesi will be outragged that out of towners are down there!!! Just playen 

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Wanna got with Kyle?? I'm not worried about Steve, still owe him a few beers for the tourney this year.

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Im in I love PC.. Justin owes me some fish too for sticking me in the back of the boat for a week.

Offline ScaleHusker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Dec 06, 2010, 08:35 PM »
I'll be there, will have to fish more than a day as to make it worth our time. A possibility this weekend. And I will post an actual REPORT, on the FISHING.

Offline jacobh73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Dec 06, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Has west gone yet. Can we talk fishing.

Offline BojiGillGetter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Dec 06, 2010, 10:20 PM »
last I checked, most of the bays had started to freeze. Main part of the ake is til openYou could probably fish little emerson in a couple of days. I'm gonna wait until next week

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Winds finaly went down West is starting to cap, hopefully something ready soon, tired of the crowds on Spirit already.

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:29 PM »
esox do u really think that your the only one that should be able to fish spirit lake...if its such a problem for you maybe u should get a new hobby instead of whining about it every day!!!!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Dec 07, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Nope don't need it to myself just would like some respect, be nice to be able to drill a set of holes and move around but if your seen catching fish soon you got guys taking over your holes instead of finding their own fish, that I have a problem with and why I don't do it around the crowds anymore ice or open water. To many followers out there today always chasing the bite not finding their own, a few guys are the exception like Boji Hawk he goes out of his way to find his own thing. Will I post reports, sure but don't expect me to say where or what on, I worked hard to find it and not giving it up to the chasers and internet fishrmen.

Offline hotrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Dec 07, 2010, 01:34 PM »
 :o   ;D

My fish, your fish, blue fish, who's fish  ???

Fishing = fun   :)
"I never go ice fishing without my Vexilar" ~Dave Genz
www.fishingwithtoddree d.com

Offline theduck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:20 PM »
esox since you are fairly new to the area, how did you get information on how to fish those bodies of water?  I find it hard to believe you did not have someone show you the ropes around that area.  The sight fishing up there is some of the most humbling fishing a guy will ever experience in their life time.  Some how you just naturally knew how to fish and catch those fish.  And another question why do you have to drive 4 to 5 hours to fish for muskies in a small pond loaded with muskies?  You have the states best muskie fishery in your back yard?  Do you consider yourself a local when you drive 4 to 5 hours to fish?

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:26 PM »
esox since you are fairly new to the area, how did you get information on how to fish those bodies of water?  I find it hard to believe you did not have someone show you the ropes around that area.  The sight fishing up there is some of the most humbling fishing a guy will ever experience in their life time.  Some how you just naturally knew how to fish and catch those fish.  And another question why do you have to drive 4 to 5 hours to fish for muskies in a small pond loaded with muskies?  You have the states best muskie fishery in your back yard?  Do you consider yourself a local when you drive 4 to 5 hours to fish?

Sweet first post guy

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Esox, that's why grandpa always told me to reel fast and stay sittin ;)

It's pretty easy to draw a crowd when you got two kids jumpin up and down in a boat yelling "GRANDPA I GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!" lol

I've had guys play bumper boats with us on the water before. It's a good way to get some lead slung at the side of your custom painted rig ;)

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I'll be there, will have to fish more than a day as to make it worth our time. A possibility this weekend. And I will post an actual REPORT, on the FISHING.

How do you plan on fishing more than one day and not spending a dime in the area? Good luck with that.......

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:51 PM »

Time on the water my friend,  I already knew how to fish just had to spend time on the water to learn the lakes, and I'm still learning every time out. Why do I travel to fish muskies is our season don't open till May 21 and I fish muskie tourneys. I fish a few diffent muskie lakes in Iowa a season and my vacations spent in MN chasing them, IGL's aint easy fishing as you seem to already know and of course theres days I struggle but learn from it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.