New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413124 times)

Offline NOT ME

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a prodigious achievement!
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #3000 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:19 AM »
My go to method for Chautauqua is old school.  Minnows on tip downs in 30-40 FOW. You will be busier than a cat covering s**t and keep 1 out of 3 fish and have a limit of eaters in 3-4 hours.
It's stupendous!  It's colossal!  It's putrid!!

Offline dtrain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3001 on: Jan 30, 2021, 12:25 PM »
For those inquiries about C- bisket. I used to fish w him and unfortunately he passed away two years ago. He would share everything he knew to anybody just so they could succeed.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #3002 on: Jan 30, 2021, 12:48 PM »
For those inquiries about C- bisket. I used to fish w him and unfortunately he passed away two years ago. He would share everything he knew to anybody just so they could succeed.
Dang that's to bad he didn't seem very old. sorry for your loss
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3003 on: Jan 30, 2021, 01:50 PM »
  Wow! Sorry to hear. He was a great fella that would share whatever you asked him about. Never saw a nasty post or information given you couldnt count on. I met him once at the Bell Tower. Rest in Peace >

Offline hammer44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3004 on: Jan 30, 2021, 03:46 PM »
   Thanks dtrain  for the info .   Ya thanks sad to hear that,  didnt know him other than the  C Bisket but ran into him at the bait store a couple times and always put me on fish.  good guy  R.I P.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3005 on: Jan 30, 2021, 10:11 PM »
Two of us were out of Mayville from 7:30-5:00.  Ice was 7" of hard white / black combination, 1" of snow on top.  Started with mousees then changed to perch eyes for the rest of the day.  Caught well over 100 perch, kept (46) 8-10" anything less went back.  We set-up in 18 FOW well away from the crowd.  Perch stayed under us all day we never moved.   

;

Offline Lindy Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3006 on: Jan 31, 2021, 07:54 AM »
Nice batch of perch. I'll be going there Tuesday. Got some frozen eyes waiting to be used.  Thanks for the info and pic's. Glad there isn't too much snow on the ice.

Offline hammer44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3007 on: Jan 31, 2021, 09:29 AM »
   nice catch there Perch Chaser . an thanks for  posting an keeping my spirits up. gona make a trip down hoping on bringing home a fry or two. been a while but always enjoyed that lake

Offline Lindy Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3008 on: Jan 31, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has gotten out by the boat launch at Long Point and how thick is the ice?   Thanks.

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3009 on: Jan 31, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has gotten out by the boat launch at Long Point and how thick is the ice?   Thanks.
Not positive the thickness. It was almost 7 at Prendergast. Gotta be similar. There have been people off longpoint.

Offline buffalo bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3010 on: Jan 31, 2021, 04:19 PM »
Haven’t seen any reports from Hogan’s or other local bait shops this season. Skip in Hogan’s always put me on fish but have not seen him in there in a long time. Will be down next week to check it out. Thanks for everybody’s info.

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3011 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:35 PM »
Got my biggest walleye through the ice yesterday! Hell of a fight on a perch rod.

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3012 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:13 PM »
Got my biggest walleye through the ice yesterday! Hell of a fight on a perch rod.

Great fish. Congrats!

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #3013 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:20 PM »

Nice catch man

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3014 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:35 PM »
They do exist. Haha

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3015 on: Jan 31, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Only got 2 keepers, but that one will make my entire ice season!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3016 on: Jan 31, 2021, 07:04 PM »
Perch chacer congratulations on all the perch. Justinl8688 congratulations to you on catching your personal best walleye through the ice. Everyone stay safe and have good ice fishing seasons.
 Steve

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3017 on: Jan 31, 2021, 07:19 PM »
Did I hear correctly that someone went through on an atv today?

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3018 on: Feb 01, 2021, 04:30 PM »
Did I hear correctly that someone went through on an atv today?
The creek heads entering the lake are still thin.  If you don't know the lake you should not be out on it with a machine.  Hope he got out OK if indeed he broke thru.

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3019 on: Feb 01, 2021, 10:10 PM »
I'm sure the ice around dewittville creek can't be that good. Or any like you said. Definitely have to be careful.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3020 on: Feb 02, 2021, 07:25 AM »
I called Hogan’s a couple of weeks ago they said skip has been off for awhile since all the Covid stuff started.  :tipup:mark

Offline Glowgetter24

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walter is who I chase
« Reply #3021 on: Feb 02, 2021, 08:57 AM »

What size and weight was the slender spoon you were using ? Looks to be the 1.5 inch one ?? Weight 5/16 ??
Sent you a pm
Glowgetter

Offline dtrain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3022 on: Feb 02, 2021, 06:39 PM »
Groundhog says six more weeks of ice!

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3023 on: Feb 03, 2021, 03:47 AM »

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3024 on: Feb 03, 2021, 03:48 AM »

.  Awesome video

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3025 on: Feb 03, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Thanks Chuck!

Offline buckduck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3026 on: Feb 04, 2021, 01:26 PM »
Many posted on R & C recently and I agree. Long Point yesterday was good ice, minimal snow some spots very slick and a few areas 2” of slush on main drag out. Fishing was great, catching none existent. Few dinks, later eye bite never happened for us. Heard of one late eye of legal size.
The reason I am posting here is that I have a question I have never seen asked about Chautauqua. Anyone have any luck with a underwater camera here? The last few times all I get looks like a fuzzy TV screen. Old camera new battery. Is it my equipment or the clarity of the lake?
Thanks for any advice.

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3027 on: Feb 04, 2021, 03:32 PM »
What size and weight was the slender spoon you were using ? Looks to be the 1.5 inch one ?? Weight 5/16 ??
Sent you a pm
I was using 1/8th and 5/16th spoons.

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3028 on: Feb 05, 2021, 06:10 AM »
Mine workerd off long point last year

Offline trout-killer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3029 on: Feb 05, 2021, 06:26 AM »
Many posted on R & C recently and I agree. Long Point yesterday was good ice, minimal snow some spots very slick and a few areas 2” of slush on main drag out. Fishing was great, catching none existent. Few dinks, later eye bite never happened for us. Heard of one late eye of legal size.
The reason I am posting here is that I have a question I have never seen asked about Chautauqua. Anyone have any luck with a underwater camera here? The last few times all I get looks like a fuzzy TV screen. Old camera new battery. Is it my equipment or the clarity of the lake?
Thanks for any advice.

i have a new camera and it seems to work ok during daylight hours in shallow water. at low light depths and after dark the screen lights up like a christmas tree and very difficult to see anything. full of little white dots drifting in current with a handfull of scuds moving as they wish. picking out fish with all that clutter is almost impossible. i was told the other day by a good source that the floating dots were zebra mussel larvae, man there is a lot of them... the IR lights that come on in low light conditions lights them up like reflective tape.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.