The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Masterforce  (Read 927 times)

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Masterforce
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:53 PM »
Everybody talks about DeWalt and Milwaukee (and for good reason) when talking about drills to run an auger. At the risk of being crucified, has anybody ever tried Menards' Masterforce hammer drill?

I just burned up my underpowered drill running my 7" Mora through more than 30" of ice. For the $100+ price difference, I am willing to give Masterforce a try unless somebody has already tried it and found it lacking.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
Re: Masterforce
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:23 PM »
Is this the brushless one and comes with 4.0 ah bat?  If so I'm sure it will work but my money is on it will get trashed eventually.
]

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Yes. 2 pole brushless 700in-lbs.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08:50 AM »
I've never been a fan of the Masterforce/Menards brand. Main reason is logevity. Dewalt and Milwaukee aren't going anywhere and they don't change design platforms very often. Menards bids out there power tools and therefore changes fairly frequently. The same can be seen with Bass Pro branded reels. They can change year to year based on low bidder.

Offline icefishnrancher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, the only white meat!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2018, 12:45 AM »
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=353788.msg3776908#msg3776908
based on this, i am seriously considering getting one and dedicate it to the auger

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2018, 12:49 AM »
 I have used a MasterForce for the past two season's and have had no issues whatsoever. Works great with an 8" Eskimo or 7" Nero auger and a Clam Plate. Great battery too.  I thinks it's a bargain for how it performs. I would definitely recommend it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.