Author Topic: ion auger  (Read 2082 times)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
ion auger
« on: Dec 29, 2017, 06:42 AM »
rented the ion auger for a day from the true value in calumet, drilled dozens of holes just to see how long it would go. battery never went below 70%,, cuts like a hot knife through butter, this will definitely be the next piece of equipment i purchase.
da splake chaser

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ion auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2017, 07:17 AM »
How much do they weigh?

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2017, 01:19 PM »
I've got the ION X model.  Used it for the first time last year and couldn't have been more impressed.  A little pricey, but worth the less hassle than my heavy gas auger that I replaced.  My ION X is 23.5 pounds.  I believe the ION model is 22 pounds, actually pretty sure that it was it is.  I can remember that from my research before purchase. 

Offline 1971miner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2017, 02:38 PM »
I've had the original model for about 4yrs now...no complaints. I do miss the gas/oil smaell on my hands though! (JK)
If you jig it,they will come..............

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2017, 10:24 AM »
That is a huge difference in weight.  I am trying to lighten up so on mild days I can put most items in the trapping basket and just carry the auger & fish bucket through the woods.

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2018, 03:03 PM »
I've had one for years the only way to go!
A Country boy can Survive.

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Hindsight being 20/20, wish I had gone that route. I have the Eskimo Propane auger (4 stroke) Sure it starts great, tons of power, sparing on the fuel, convenient. But it's heavy and it leaks oil like an old Harley - cant get anyone at Eskimo to respond, they brag about their  customer service, but it's nonexistent as far as I can tell.
 I called the number 3 times and on hold for close to an hour each time and never got through, I've emailed 2 times with no response, I tried their chat feature on the website and after registering, got a message to call the number, that the chat feature was not available - I hear the ION is made by the same company - I hope you never have a service problem. Ardisam is the manufacturer of both products.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:21 PM »
One way to get someone to call you back is to go to their web site or other site related to them and leave a negative review.  Put down everything you just posted here, as long as the review is truthful.  I always review products and services and inadvertently found out that sometimes, just sometimes, they see these type of negative posts and call you back to rectify the situation.  The most recent example was a review I left for budget blinds (window blinds) on a horrible problem with unsatisfactory product and being unable to get through to customer service.  They called me back literally within 2 hours of making that post.  And there was no place to leave a number either.  They saw the post, researched my contact info and called me.  Some companies have workers, whose sole job is to rectify negative posts.  There are other examples, but this was the fastest turnaround.  It's frustrating the world we live in now, with customer service and such.  You got to do what you got to do.  Another thing is to try is to call  immediately after they open or 1/2 hour before they close.  This is especially effective if their customer service opens really early or stays open late.  Less people are likely to be calling then.  Good luck.  I've been there.

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Great advice MJbuck, I will try all and everything - you've been a great help.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:44 PM »
MJ Buck, no place on their website to make a comment, I searched for other places to review them but was not successful. I tried calling early and late but no way to get in. They responded to an email one time, told me a service center was in Skandia, but no other info, I asked more questions but no response since. It took them 2 weeks to respond to my first email.
Be aware that Eskimo and ION are built in the same place and if you need customer service - you may not get it when you need it.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:51 AM »
Regarding my difficulty contacting Ardisam, Customer service emailed me today. They are replacing my powerhead on the Propane machine. It took 2 weeks for them to respond, but inside sales agent, Michelle emailed me this morning apologizing for the lateness of her response and offered to replace the entire powerhead. They are shipping it out soon.
All faith has been restored. Thanks all for your advice, especially MJ Buck.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Nice that they are taking care of you, hope the new one works great for you!

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Good to hear things are getting taken care of.  No reason in the world any company should take that long to respond, under any circumstances.  My suggestions of when to call and about leaving comments or negative feedback aren't hard and fast rules, but they have helped me some in the past.  Good luck.

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:48 PM »
all good points, much appreciate them as there are many customer service battles ahead for all of us :-) and who knows, maybe they saw our post here and that is why they contacted me so quickly ...
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline icebuckboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:09 AM »
My Dad bought an ION 10 inch auger this year. works great way better that our old Strikemaster or Eskimo!

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Strikemaster also came out with a battery operated ice auger that includes 2 batteries.  I am still deciding!

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:43 AM »
I just purchased the strikemaster lithium 40v with the extra battery promo in the 10" version. Love it... I was a diehard gas guy but after using an ion a few times i was sold. I did a bunch of research on both the ion and strikemaster lithium 40v and i went with the strikemaster.  After using both i will say the ion feels lighter, but that was a 8" vs a 10" bit on my strikemaster.  However,  the strikemaster will cut a 10" hole faster than the my buddies ion can punch an 8". Given his is 1 season old and maybe has 50 holes on it vs. mine outa the box. The free spare battery sealed the deal. Either one is a great auger. I got the 10" strikemaster at the Kipling bait shop  (Bayshore Resort) for $600.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.