The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: BLITZ  (Read 660 times)

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
BLITZ
« on: Dec 31, 2005, 08:29 PM »
My buddy Warren and I got into a hot bite just north of Augusta.  Started out on the east shore of the 50 acre +/- pond we had decided to fish.  Nothing doing for the first 1-2 hours.  I decided to check out the NW corner of the pond and marked 3 fish in the first hole I cut.  Hustled back to get Warren and our gear. The next 2-3 hours was non-stop action. Doubleheaders routine.  Flags up at the same time I was marking 3 fish in another hole, etc. We ended up with 54 fish....35 largemouths and 19 yellow perch.  The bass ranged from low end keepers up to 4 LBS.  The perch were massive...nearly all 12-15".  Perch burning drag.  Warren nailed one that was so girthy that he only squeezed it up through a 6" hole after several tries.  Best depth was 18-20 feet.  Jigging beat the heck out of traps.  Small jigs or Swedish Pimple tipped with waxworm from the pet shop.  Went through 50 waxies and 30 shiners.  Ice was great.  8"...about 5" black and the rest refreeze.  A couple if'y spoys at the edge that were easy to avoid.  2005 was one for the books!  2006....bring it on.

Jim C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.