New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?  (Read 17830 times)

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?
« Reply #240 on: Mar 07, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Great Time....Nice meeting alot of you.  I had the blue icearmor bibs on...Hope everyone got off without a problem. When I was walking off next to shore my foot went in...just a foot of water, no problem, right by the beach, but you should of seen my wife's face when she saw that.  She was walking behind me and stopped and would move...it took 10 minutes to get her to move to a spot that she thought looked safe....ha.  (I'm home now , I hope she made it off the ice by now...ha...j/k )  ::)

Thanks goes out to prchslyr for organizing this gathering...Great Job !  

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #241 on: Mar 07, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Hope you guys all had a good time. Had a family function that didn't pan out but lost my wheels for a few days. I had to fish locally with some friends. We hammered them tho. Throw up some pics of the fish you got.  FISH ON !!!!!!!!!
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #242 on: Mar 07, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Somebody was having some fun !  And catching a few fish ...

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #243 on: Mar 07, 2010, 05:59 PM »
It was nice to meet everyone today to bad the fishing wasn't that good.  Atleast the conversation was good we'll have to do it again next year.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #244 on: Mar 07, 2010, 06:24 PM »
I wish I coulda been there even though the fishing was slow. A big social event on the ice, that took considerable planning and communication, is something worthwhile to bring people together. " But we are an elite race of our own, the tipup junkies, jig freaks ".

The days of great fishing action will always happen frequently enough ( not so much for me, but for those of you that know how to fish  ;), but something like this is a good time in and of itself, fish being caught a total bonus. Prchslyr is my nephew, and I am proud of the way he thought of this and devoted much time and effort to bringing you all together. I hope it is on again next year and beyond, and I will cetainly be there for the next one. I hope anyone that still wants to fish this year can find safe ice, somewhere, for a couple more weeks.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Team NY IS gathering thread. Get your pics up fellas.
« Reply #245 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Despite the lack of good action. I had a great time out there guys. It was nice to meet everyone.
I would be more than happy to do the honors next year. It was well worth the effort.
Thanks to everyone that showed up. Everyone pitched in with some grub, drinks, and plenty of good stories. I had so much fun shooting the breeze all day that I could've cared less if I had caught anything at all. The small handful of perch that I ended up with were a definite bonus though. ;D. Thanks Combsey for donating those slobs to my bucket. You're a soldier for toughing it out.
Thanks to captJJ for throwing ideas at me and showing up with breakfast. He had a little more to do with this than is known. Because of a great idea that he came up with. Our crew has a nice little surprise for one of the young users of this site. We don't want to let the cat out of the bag with that one yet. Everyone that had a hand in it. Pm me so that JJ and I know exactly who helped out so we can let him know. I know other people had planned on chipping in but we covered it quick. Kudos and 2 big thumbs up to captJJ for coming up with that one.
Thanks to uglystickjake for dragging half of my pile out and all of our pile back in with the quad.
Ed and Ed were a solid source of entertainment with some good stories. Broken arms and all!
We ate canadian bacon and egg sandwich's for breakfast(captJJ). We munched on some excellent bear chili(jake), sausage and peppers(me), killer pasta salad(zdake), veni-sausage that was to die for (fishinkidd), and some other stuff that I'm sure I forgot.
Thanks to my lil bro (tankdelivers) for showing up with some dry socks  ;).
It was nice meeting everyone else that I met also.
Uglystick jake got a really cool thread going with some pics. My pics pale in comparison but, I've got a few to put up.
A big thanks to everyone again. This was a group effort and a heck of a success. Call me corny but, I'm proud to be a user of this site. Here's to a great time. I'm looking forward to another gathering next year.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #246 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:12 PM »
oops i put up some pics on a new thread ..is there a way to move it here ?
*REMOVED*

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #247 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:16 PM »
No need to move those man. That's cool as heck. Your boy got some good shots. I just edited my post.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #248 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Another awsome thing is we got home and he couldnt wait to make a I.S. id up...Keep an eye out  for badbasschase.....lol.. .thats what he wanted....oh yeah and about him cleaning the fish...hes been passed out for an hour now...well see him in the morning...Im not far behind..
*REMOVED*

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #249 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Lol. Good thing I kept it down low when I offered for yóu guys to bring all the perch home. I'm spent as well. Ill get some pics up on your thread then its all she wrote for me. We'll see you Tuesday man. Bird21s may join us Tuesday. After the limit of pigs I saw in his bucket, I may want to hit the beach again Tuesday. I don't know if that will be possible with the condition the shoreline was in. We should have dumped his bucket for some pics. Some of those perch were pic worthy to say the least. We will find some good safe ice for this coming week.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #250 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Lol. Good thing I kept it down low when I offered for yóu guys to bring all the perch home. I'm spent as well. Ill get some pics up on your thread then its all she wrote for me. We'll see you Tuesday man. Bird21s may join us Tuesday. After the limit of pigs I saw in his bucket, I may want to hit the beach again Tuesday. I don't know if that will be possible with the condition the shoreline was in. We should have dumped his bucket for some pics. Some of those perch were pic worthy to say the least. We will find some good safe ice for this coming week.
Sounds  good!
*REMOVED*

Offline LAKEGEORGEFISHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #251 on: Mar 07, 2010, 07:39 PM »
it was definatly fun to meet everybody out on the ice today, couldn't ask for a much better day. Next year will only be bigger and better.
[/img][img

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #252 on: Mar 07, 2010, 08:09 PM »
yeah it was deffinetly really fun today. sorry i strayed from the group most of the day guys wanted to try to find them and couldnt see the tip ups from the main crew. but it was deffinetly ncie to meet everyone and thanks for the sandwich and manning the gril today captain that was awesome and ill deffinetly be in touch for a charter this summer.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #253 on: Mar 08, 2010, 04:58 AM »
I should have stayed out on the ice!!! The MILF fest was a total bust, only 2 lookers. It's was great getting out to meet you guys though, I'm glad I made it out, and totally bummed i had to bail. What time did you guys end up coming in? How was the bite the rest of the day? With high 40's forecasted all week, the ice on the king surely isn't long for the world, perfect timing. Next year, I'm in, and I'll bring something better than mac salad! Be safe on late ice, guy's, i want to see y'all at next years, too!!
When the waters hard, so am I.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #254 on: Mar 08, 2010, 05:08 AM »
We stayed pretty close to dark. Thank god for celly's. We were warned that the shoreline wasn't in the greatest shape. We left before dark for safety's sake. We ended up getting a handful of perch once we got down to buisness. I was fine chilling for most of the day. Bird21s picked up a nice limit of perch. He was fishing another part of that area. After seeing his bucket 'o perch, I may have to try and squeeze in one more trip out there. I'll be doing the following tomorrow. Sorry for the bad pick yesterday guys. Next year...Bird21s is leading the pack!

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #255 on: Mar 08, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Yeah, I meant to post when I got home, knowing you would be looking, but I lost power, and therefore internet. I popped a foot through coming off. real spongy. It may have been bad fishing, but it was great company. we probably would have spent less time chatting (and eating) had the fishing been amazing. Still would have been fun, but gotta find a silver lining here! High 40's all week, not looking good for shorelines. bring out the planks!
When the waters hard, so am I.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.