New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD  (Read 223060 times)

Offline nightrunner06

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: SARATOGA LAKE BS THREAD
« Reply #960 on: Feb 16, 2018, 12:07 PM »
Anyone know if bill is open this winter at lake lonely? Planning on headed to toga in the am and i like to give him the business.
FLAG!!!!!

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #961 on: Feb 16, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Anyone know if bill is open this winter at lake lonely? Planning on headed to toga in the am and i like to give him the business.

No he is not open this winter

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #962 on: Feb 16, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Anyone fishing today? Looking to head up tomorrow, was curious how shorelines are holding up and if there is still snow on the ice.

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #963 on: Feb 16, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Shore at Fitch is pretty solid, drove on it - walking is very sloppy, 4"-6" snowy slush - with teens tonight probably gonna be a crust on top in the early AM making walking tough, slow bite all over the lake today

Offline nightrunner06

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #964 on: Feb 17, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Fished off of browns today in 8-15 fow. 20 tip ups. No flags. Plently of ice (15inches) shorline was fine
FLAG!!!!!

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #965 on: Feb 17, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Anyone having any luck on toga not hearing much

Offline delay18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #966 on: Feb 17, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Anyone been on the north end? Off the launch and fish creek or off the kayak launch on the west side? Just looking to see a rough ballpark on ice before heading to in the morning.
Rob

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #967 on: Feb 18, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Anyone having any luck on toga not hearing much   Must be because everyone is fishing 100 yds. off a public launch and not doing their homework!!     ::)  ::)  ::)

Offline steinea286

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #968 on: Feb 22, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Is the shore ice holding up? looking to get out tomorrow morning if it did. Any info would be great!

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #969 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Nobody  fishing south end this morning, but I stopped by Brown's after picking up my paper to check out access.  The lake has come up a foot or so (see the saratogalakecam chart) and the shoreline is a little iffy.  I walked out a few yards in my street shoes and determined that it would take a little bit of navigating to get by the cracks and water.  I nearly stepped on a dogdoo on the ice and did break thorough although it was only an inch deep water or so.  I decided that I would wait a few days before fishing there. 

Actually what I though was dogdoo was a very large snail, about 2.5 in, diameter.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #970 on: Feb 22, 2018, 06:41 PM »
It’s not hard people fish the lakes out. When everyone keeps what they catch fish population is going to go down. When people go to a lake weekend after weekend and limit out , that only lasts so long. When you remove more fish the the lake can replace your going to start killing the lake off . I wish NY has stricter fishing regulations. It would really help out the lakes fish populations.

I think a degree in biology would be a prerequisite to making such a statement or at least for me to take it seriously. 

Offline krobin222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #971 on: Feb 23, 2018, 05:46 AM »
Can anyone give me any info on the tourney sunday?? Were to register??

Offline Iceman12020

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #972 on: Feb 23, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Can anyone give me any info on the tourney sunday?? Were to register??

Below is there POST from the facebook page...

1st annual Ice Fishing Tournament on Saratoga Lake! Permit in place to use the State Boat launch for parking! Come one come all bring your family or your friends to Saratoga lake and show off your skills ice fishing February 25th 2018 Sunday registration begins 5 a.m. at the boat launch ending at 7 a.m. fishing will begin promptly at 7am ending at 3pm. As of now we should have live bait provided by Saratoga Tackle... so if you forget your bait no worries also we are looking to have hot food Beverages and possibly a bonfire entry fee is as follow $20 per registrant $15 lunker pool also available! (3) categories first place and second place only... biggest pike and or pickerel category 1 Category.. 2 walleye... Category 3 perch.. based off of a 75 person possibility numbers go as followed for prizes first place $300 second place $200 if everybody enters the lunker $391 additional dollars for each category for the biggest fish must be in it to win it so you could potentially walk away with $691 if 75 people show up for first place in three different categories second place $200 but if the first-place guy didn't sign up for the lunker and you did you will walk away with $591 also based off 75 people so let's see how many people we can get to show off their skills and beautiful Saratoga Springs New York at the 1st Annual ice fishing tournament on Saratoga Lake Sunday February 25th 2018 fishing from 7 a.m. till 3 p.m. all fish weighted in must be (alive) in order to be eligible for any prizes this will be a catch-and-release tournament as well.. all fish will be released at the boat launch via weight person. Please remember to play by the rules we encourage Fair sportsmanship... please abide by New York State fishing regulations so we may continue this fun tournament in the future. Friday questions please contact Timothy Charles Putman 518~937~1330

Offline krobin222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #973 on: Feb 23, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Thanks man....

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #974 on: Feb 24, 2018, 05:53 AM »
I think a degree in biology would be a prerequisite to making such a statement or at least for me to take it seriously.
  Don't need a degree to Know what happened to cando

Offline jkbugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #975 on: Feb 24, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Apparently You do because over fishing did not hurt  canadarago, the lake changed because of alewife and zebra muscles, still tons of perch in there they are just timy

Offline hunt4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #976 on: Feb 24, 2018, 08:05 AM »
It’s not hard people fish the lakes out. When everyone keeps what they catch fish population is going to go down. When people go to a lake weekend after weekend and limit out , that only lasts so long. When you remove more fish the the lake can replace your going to start killing the lake off . I wish NY has stricter fishing regulations. It would really help out the lakes fish populations.

Could this be a problem?

On Feb. 11, ECO Jason DeAngelis observed three men with a large number of undersized pickerel splayed out on the ice on Mariaville Lake in the town of Duanesburg. As ECO DeAngelis headed out onto the lake to check the men's fishing licenses, the men began pushing the fish back down into the ice fishing holes. ECO DeAngelis quickly found that the men were in possession of 69 fish over the daily catch limit, and 31 fish shorter than the legal length. DeAngelis charged the three men with multiple violations and released the fish that were still alive back into the lake.

Offline jkbugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #977 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Sure on a small lake like mariaville and keeping 10x the limit almost, but on any size able lake keeping fish in the limits is fine. That’s why the dec sets limits. Biologists are in charge of limits and they are not going to set them to kill off a lake.
Remember the vast majority of people who fish, even ice fishermen, rarely keep there limit. Lakes change more from invasive species and environmental issues.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #978 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:49 AM »
It’s a huge issue. A guy last year got caught with like 300 gills On cossayuna .You cant say that fishing like that doesn’t effect a lake when they are probably doing it every week. That’s just the one time they got caught.  Small lakes and only produce so much fish so fast. If you take out more then it’s producing it’s going to down hill

Offline jkbugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #979 on: Feb 24, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Again outside of limits, the original post was changing limits and that it’s easy to fish out a lake. Fishing out a large lake by fishermen is basically impossible, a small lake sure a dent can easily be put in a population, that just means there will be more food for the small ones to grow. From the way u guys are talking all our lakes should have been fishless years ago.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #980 on: Feb 24, 2018, 11:05 AM »
It is easy to fish out smaller lakes. Who wants to fish a lake full of dinks, especially smaller lakes that are stocked that don’t produce enough fish naturally.

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #981 on: Feb 24, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Those guys must have had alot of bait to catch 60 pickerel.Probably good to get rid of them anyhow

Offline jkbugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #982 on: Feb 24, 2018, 11:52 AM »
You get a bunch of dunks when a lake is overpopulated not underpopulated.

Offline jlbrownie_1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #983 on: Feb 24, 2018, 12:15 PM »
They should have seize their equipment, vehicle(s) and detain them in the local jail until they pay a ($100 per fish) fine. Return their vehicle(s) afterwards then auction that gear off. Lesson learned.   

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #984 on: Feb 24, 2018, 12:46 PM »
Those guys must have had alot of bait to catch 60 pickerel.Probably good to get rid of them anyhow

A lot of bait and a lot of hooks, pickerel tend to devour the bait, hook and all...

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #985 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Anyone have any info about ice conditions for browns beach or fitch rd

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #986 on: Feb 25, 2018, 08:13 AM »
There were some people out yesterday off Brown's, but the shore looks very sketchy. 

Offline Toyotaguy 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #987 on: Feb 25, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Any one hear the results for the tournament today.  ?

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #988 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:03 PM »
1st place walleye 19 1/4" 2.5lbs. No Pike weighed in. Two guys took a swim and got out with some help out from the boat launch early in the morning. The end is here for Saratoga.

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #989 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Any reports on ice condiditions on the southend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.