Author Topic: unexpected surprise from Zebco  (Read 1277 times)

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
unexpected surprise from Zebco
« on: Mar 28, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Last year I was changing the line out that came on a Zebco Dock Demon combo that I picked up on the cheap. I wound the line to tight and full and blew the spool apart. Cheap reel, no big deal as I had better reels anyway. So, on a whim just before Christmas, I sent them a email and explained exactly what happened. They said, Ok, we will replace it. Last week, the UPS man left a box at my door with a new Zebco Dock Demon rod and reel combo. Awesome, all I was looking for was a replacement spool.

When my brother, 2 nephews, and his brother-in-law take our second annual ice fishing trip next season, I have a rod/reel combo, a few jigs I won here and a few other items for prizes for first fish, biggest fish, and most fish caught.

I guess some companies still have great customer service. And, it never hurts to ask.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: unexpected surprise from Zebco
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2021, 05:48 PM »
When my kids and nieces/nephews were young, I bought a couple five forgotten trophies from the thrift store and and had a local company swap the bowler out for a fish topper. No names, no dates, just traveling trophies. The notion that the award only lasted until the next try ensured everyone had fun trying to steal it away (or back)...
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2021, 06:33 PM »
That's a great idea, I have some old ones from swimming that I could have made up the same way. Thanks for the great idea.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2021, 09:16 AM »
Those Dock Demons are an awesome little rig for the price. I've had my boy using them since he started coming out with me when he was 2 or 3. The reels are kind of chinsey, but the rods are just about indestructable, and cheap enough I'm not too upset when they inevitably end up in the river.

He's pulled some pretty decent carp on them over the years. This one was only in the 5s, but he landed one over 9# on the same rod a couple years back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.