Author Topic: hey mike the pike  (Read 825 times)

FRESHBAIT

hey mike the pike
« on: Feb 23, 2005, 09:01 PM »
i'm getting transferred to atlantic city NJ,   I'm from maine where in NJ can I Ice Fish,  I was thinking my Ice Fishing for next yr was shot.  If thats not the case than it isn't all that bad.   Whats there to catch.....bass, perch, trout, pickerel, PIKE??
let me know please.. any info would be great THANK YOU.

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: hey mike the pike
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2005, 09:16 PM »
for the most part north of 195 is were thier should be safe ice in a normal winter but this season is far from that you need to go north of 80 right now hopatcong is one of the best in the state as far as fish its all in nj you just need to find the warter that holds them last season round valley res had safe ice and thats got lakers browns and rainbows just follow the site and you can figure were to go and welcome to newjersey

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2005, 09:28 PM »
thanks I was starting to get worried,  How much ice typically???  How much does a license run??  Any discounts for military?? 

MikeThePike

« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Bayonne is correct in saying you'll probably have to head north for safe ice. All depends on what you'd be looking to target as to how far north you'd have to go.

Last year we had 15"+ on places but this year the most I saw was maybe 8-9"

The great thing I've found about ice fishing in NJ is you can catch just about any species. If Round Valley freezes up you can target all your trout species, brookies, browns, rainbows, & lakers; Lake Hopatcong has excellent perch fishing as well as walleye, bass, hybrid striper, musky, tiger musky & many more; Budd Lake can give you your fix of pike, although they are probably smaller than most of the ones you guys up in Maine get; the list can go on and on.

The current price of a resident liscence is $22.50 and you can find out more info on them here: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/fishneed.htm

Basshuntah

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2005, 09:45 AM »
jersey rules man, start fishin' the ocean. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.