New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sold on maki plastic  (Read 17101 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: sold on maki plastic
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2011, 12:17 PM »
i used  fake  plastic  in the  form of  spikes and  wax worms  today   ;D....God  still makes the  best  bait

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:29 PM »
You are back again Trap!!!! ;) God makes these also my friend!

Offline McHayHam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Just received my first order of Maki's yesterday.  then this damn storm hit.  Can't wait for the weekend so I can try them out.
Love the instrucion video on the site that shows how to use each lure!

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Hey FM, Those fish measure exactly 1.75" smaller than that tape measure shows.....That tape was made in china dude!!!! LOL!! Nice fish though!!--KP @) Good to see you back Trap!! ;)

It's the fancy angles I put on the cam KP....still trying to make up for something....not sure what that is yet? ;)

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 02, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Had ordered some wormis from Makiplastics on Fri and havn't gotten them yet  :'(.  Drove out to the RiverRat to pick up some more jigs to use tomorow with the few Makis I have already and they were closed  ??? ???

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 02, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Had ordered some wormis from Makiplastics on Fri and havn't gotten them yet  :'(.  Drove out to the RiverRat to pick up some more jigs to use tomorow with the few Makis I have already and they were closed  ??? ???
They were most likely shipped on Monday and you should have them today or tomorrow.
  If they don't show up, contact Scott @    [email protected]
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Feb 02, 2011, 02:59 PM »
They were most likely shipped on Monday and you should have them today or tomorrow.
  If they don't show up, contact Scott @    [email protected]

I figured today or tomorow.....I was just hoping for today since I was going to head out to Lewis Point in the morning.  Oh well.....I will just have to go again this weekend to get to try them out ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Thanks FM for that. Got to get Gamma to do a seminar at the  SPSH before 6:30 ,my bed time. We old geezers have to get our sleep you know.
All it takes is coffee and donuts to get me there ! (Peanut donuts preferably) ;D ;D
 I work cheap ! ;) ;)

Matter of fact, I'd be happy to sit around a table with you "Up North" guys some day and show you the ins and outs of plastic baits !
SPSH would be my choice of venue  ;) ;)

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:38 PM »
Ummmmmm.....I'll take you word for it!!!! :P You were way past your curfew this morning FM!! :nono: No wonder you don't show up at the shop until 11:00 am everyday!! ;D--KP @)
Jealousy will get ya nowhere Mr. KP ;) Besides, I'll sleep enough when I'm pushing up daisies ::)

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:40 AM »
A couple pics of the Makis i've come across in my ventures......by the way friends, these pics do no justice to the actual realism, colors, and action when rigged properly. I only want to show some of the different designs and colorations that I have obtained.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice pics FM.... Don't ever use that black TOI... they don't work..... ::)
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:49 AM »
You can see in my hand part of the Caty jig.  I often use a plastic above one of my "goto's", this was a small 7-8" but it chose the plastic over caty with meat.

When the bite slows, yet still marking fish I change back and forth between just plastic, & just traditional goto, here's a plastic only Largemouth

Offline deano686kx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 03, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Alright.....you guys talked me into it. I'm just starting to mess around with the jiggin rod, and I figure a few more treats to try can't hurt. I'm sure I'll have some rigging questions once I get started with plastic.....Heck I probably have 100 riggin; questions with meat....just not sure what they are yet!!

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:22 PM »

Totally plagarized but enjoy

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 10, 2011, 01:48 AM »
That is great redwolf, I gotta put something together like that as a pic post to show my ideas. :o ;)

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 10, 2011, 02:28 AM »
That is great redwolf, I gotta put something together like that as a pic post to show my ideas. :o ;)
Just wait until I show you the proper rigging techniques before posting any pictures ! ;)
  The above picture was put together about 3 years ago by someone who wasn't real familiar with the Maki Baits and it shows in how several of them are rigged (improperly)
  Not saying they won't catch fish that way but for starters, proper rigging is important.   If everything fails, then rig them backwards, upside down, inside out or stacked like firewood !  ;D ;D ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #75 on: Feb 10, 2011, 02:51 AM »
Hey "T"...what's the dropper rig? I've been working on something like that.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Feb 10, 2011, 06:28 AM »
Just wait until I show you the proper rigging techniques before posting any pictures ! ;)
  The above picture was put together about 3 years ago by someone who wasn't real familiar with the Maki Baits and it shows in how several of them are rigged (improperly)
  Not saying they won't catch fish that way but for starters, proper rigging is important.   If everything fails, then rig them backwards, upside down, inside out or stacked like firewood !  ;D ;D ;D

Get them on a hook and they'll catch fish......

The first rule is to get the bait straight and oriented to the way fishes food items appear naturally.... so the Stoni should be rigged so it's horizontal; The Rocki wants to be standing up a bit; the Yatzi, Spini, Bugi, Wormi, etc.. are more flutter style so they can hang horizontal or whatever suits your fancy... The second rule is there are no rules......

Do what Gamma and Maki have done for years..... put the baits on a jig and put them in the water or in an aquarium and jig 'em..... see how they look and what the action is...

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Feb 10, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Hey "T"...what's the dropper rig? I've been working on something like that.

RG
Cool design from my buddy Chuck in Michigan.    It's nothing more than a spinner blade with a dropper line attached.   Just below the main spinner blade, he add's one or two small flipper blades for attraction purposes.
  Originally used under tip ups but after some experimenting, it was found to work great hanging off the end of a rod too !
The door is wide open as far as different rigging techniques with these dropper rigs but the bottom line is....they work ! ;) ;)

Get them on a hook and they'll catch fish......

The first rule is to get the bait straight and oriented to the way fishes food items appear naturally.... so the Stoni should be rigged so it's horizontal; The Rocki wants to be standing up a bit; the Yatzi, Spini, Bugi, Wormi, etc.. are more flutter style so they can hang horizontal or whatever suits your fancy... The second rule is there are no rules......

Do what Gamma and Maki have done for years..... put the baits on a jig and put them in the water or in an aquarium and jig 'em..... see how they look and what the action is...

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing ! ;) ;) ;D ;D

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 10, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Used maki's in the spring for the crappie run...AMAZING!  Got some packs for ice fishing as well.

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Small plastics were the only thing that would work today.  Glad I had my new Makis or I wouldn't have caught anything today.  They wouldn't touch minnows, didn't want anything on a pimple.  Small horizontal jigs and Maki blood worms and guppies were two of the successful options today along with a Northland jig and plastic and a Maki wormi cut in half.

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:02 AM »
Small plastics were the only thing that would work today.  Glad I had my new Makis or I wouldn't have caught anything today.  They wouldn't touch minnows, didn't want anything on a pimple.  Small horizontal jigs and Maki blood worms and guppies were two of the successful options today along with a Northland jig and plastic and a Maki wormi cut in half.

Good stuff emtorn, one day of building confidence with the power of quality plastics. ;) A must to do, is attend a seminar on these creatures, with Scott running the show. He is mild mannered, informative, intuitive.....blah.... just an awesome guy that started making these things because he loves to fish. Also has a natural knack of communicating with people. Very humble also, I left his seminar absolutely enlightened. I'll go to his next one just to remember what I missed on the first. ;D

Offline South33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tips Down! Flags Up!
« Reply #81 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:14 AM »
I agree... plastics are great... sometimes.
I use tiny plastic jigs for perch & panfish & they just eat them up.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #82 on: Feb 11, 2011, 02:45 AM »
Thanks for the info. The picture wasn't too clear. I caught my first fish ice fishing on a small Swedish Pimple with a 1/32 oz brown bucktail as a dropper on a shore piece of mono. That was a couple of years ago :-\

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 11, 2011, 03:03 AM »
Just a couple years ago ehh? ;)

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Feb 11, 2011, 06:29 AM »
A must to do, is attend a seminar on these creatures, with Scott running the show.

Was at the last one at Gander.  Only a few people there, but that's where I got my info and I used some of the samples he hooked me up with yesterday.  After the seminar I placed an order to "fill out" my arsenal.  They seem to work well when that's what the fish are looking for.  Went out one other time at Chapman that whatever jig, spoon, plastic, live bait I threw at them on a pole they wouldn't touch but had 6 slob perch hit the 3 tip ups I had out  ??? ???.  Every day is different, and I guess the more toys you have to throw at the fish, the more chance you have of putting some on the ice.

Offline no3steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:36 AM »
So i decided to spend a day fishing noting but my new plastics.

Thanks for the posts that talked me into trying them  ;D
Bruce

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:45 AM »
You can't catch fish on plastic through the ice  ::)
Don't be afriad to experiment with some that may seem untraditional. 

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:03 PM »
You can't catch fish on plastic through the ice  ::)
Don't be afriad to experiment with some that may seem untraditional. 

Just noticed your location.    Shoot me some contact info and we'll meet up !

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Stop here first, ;D bcons is just up Rt11!! You can buy us lunch....I hear that the Eis House has great lunch specials!!!! :woot: :afro:--KP @)
Uh......I'm the one with the "Goods" that YOU want !  ;D ;D   Who's buying who lunch ?    And I prefer the SPSH !

I'm headed up to see Lance in a little while.   He might have donuts ! ;D ;D

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Feb 15, 2011, 02:40 PM »
I was thinking location GAMMA!!! Mexico was a little closer!! We missed lunch though, gotta be dinner now, table for 6, 6:00. My family thanks you!!!! ;D ;D ;D And , where are the goods??? Looking to try them under the ice while ice is here..Seems Lance and HT got their stash recently !  ;D ;D  You need to quit hiding out so much !   If you came to the meeting Sunday afternoon, you would have left a bit heavier :^). :P :P--KP ;D  Lance called and said no donuts today.......JERKY only!! ;)
Still worth the trip !   I'm headed north right now !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.