The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: K-Drill?  (Read 745 times)

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
K-Drill?
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:35 AM »
I LOVE my orange Nils, but I’m considering adding a 6” K-drill to the arsenal. I’m looking to save weight/space in the sled when I’m moving around a lot. Considered getting a Nils Arctic Trekker and using just the 14” section it in “early ice mode”, but I’m afraid bending over would get painful. I noticed that they claim that the K-drill leaves little slush in the hole. That would make the decision easy for me. So, does the K-Drill leave a hole that is fishable without scooping?

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: K-Drill?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:59 PM »
just put your drill in reverse and flush all the shavings back down the hole. 

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Yep. After I drill the hole with my k-drill, I kick away the pike of ice shavings and then run the drill in reverse for a few seconds. Clear hole with no scooping.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:50 PM »
I use my 8 in Kdrill like I did my gas auger..after break through push through ...forcing the ice down...any eventually away from the hole then I extract the auger using some throttle  to clear the hole out..also you should be cleaning the augered ice periodically as your drill by lifting the Kdrill up every 5 seconds or so. With this seasons abundance of black ice and very little snow cover I was keeping some shavings in the hole as well as leaving a cone ...my theory was to disperse some of the sunlight. The height of the Kdrill with adapter and the Clam Plate is very much the height of a gas auger .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.