The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sportsman's Warehouse  (Read 7018 times)

Offline Parks Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sportsman's Warehouse
« on: Oct 29, 2019, 05:43 AM »
Tis a grand and glorious day

The employees at the Field & Stream in Washington have been emancipated from the evil despot of Dick's.  As of Friday, October25th, the store is now a "SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE". Apparently, there were eight Field & Stream stores sold to "Sportsman's Warehouse.  We are fortunate to be in one of those markets.   As some may remember years age there was a store in the north hills off Mount Nebo,  They had the best selection of ice fishing equipment in the area.  When speaking to some of the management, they said they will be getting the ice fishing stuff in soon.  Stop in and welcome the liberators and let them know we want ice fishing equipment.

Parks Guy
The nearest thing to heaven is a child

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sportsman's Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2019, 09:19 AM »
Good news for you Western PA guys! Now................... ..........any news on other stores in Pa? ANy in the Northeast?
Where's the FISH?!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Thanks Hardwater- looks like the closest one to me will be in Camp Hill. I'll have to check it out when I go down to visit my mom in South Central Pa.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2019, 03:46 PM »
At the rate Dick's is loosing money I can see more Field and Stream stores being bought out by Sportsman's Warehouse.  The only problem of us here is the Field and Stream in Dickson City is inside Dick's so that one will probably be one of the last to be sold. 

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Fantastic news ! Thanks for the heads up ! Sportsman's Warehouse was my favorite before they left the Pittsburgh area .

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2019, 10:07 PM »
I'll never go there again. F those clowns.

I'm with you there Pal.  I was in there once and it was a waste of my time and a HUGE disappointment. 

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2019, 05:22 AM »
I went into the nearby Dicks to see if they would have anything for ice season and the guy in the department said to ask the manager who was walking by, so I did. The guy actually started an argument with me. I told him it would be the last time I walked through the doors.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2019, 05:36 AM »
My local Dicks seems to be more about the high end/fashion side of sports...golf, tennis, fitness, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but my local hardware carrys more fishing gear than they do...especially the ice variety.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2019, 06:27 AM »
My local Dicks seems to be more about the high end/fashion side of sports...golf, tennis, fitness, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but my local hardware carrys more fishing gear than they do...especially the ice variety.
  The name of the store should be changed to " Ducks clothing Store "  When it was a little hole in the wall store in Binghamton, NY and Vestal, NY it was a fun place to shop and some deals could be made.  Now its just gotten to big and all that is important is the $$$$$.  Ask any of the employees if they know where Dicks started ( note the old pictures on the wall ) and they have no idea.

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2019, 08:21 AM »
good to know. I spent a lot of money at field and stream. I will check out this store.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2019, 07:49 PM »
I went into the nearby Dicks to see if they would have anything for ice season and the guy in the department said to ask the manager who was walking by, so I did. The guy actually started an argument with me. I told him it would be the last time I walked through the doors.

That takes a lot of marbles to start an argument with someone for asking if they're going to get ice fishing stuff.  I went there last year with my friend to get his license and some lures and their selection was pathetic.  I've seen bigger selections at yard sales, on Craigslist, and in the Papershop.  Needless to say I don't even waste my time or gas going there.  If I want something the first thing I do is go to the Hunter's Gallery in Hamlin and get it or have them order it.  If they can't get it or I find a really good sale I order it online.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2019, 09:13 PM »
I completely bypass Field and Stream 20 minutes away and drive  an hour 1\2 to Cabela's . But since Pro Bass took them over I'm just not as impressed with their sales anymore . Sportsman's Warehouse has a fantastic selection on most items and very reasonable prices . To boot , the location will shave 20 minutes off the Cabela's trip !

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2019, 09:16 PM »
Yep, I banned Dicks, years ago, after they mispriced a item I wanted and wouldn't honor the price, haven't been back since

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2019, 07:08 AM »
  Good going Naun
 I’m also not a fan, I have had bad experiences also , if you want work out clothing and gear and SU stuff yep that’s the place , , runnings is just down the street 👍
 On the other hand their field and stream store has a much better attitude

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2019, 10:30 AM »
I have not been in a Dick's in years, and have no intention of ever returning.  I avoid Wally-Mart like the plague as well.  I try to support the mom and pop hunting & fishing shops in my area, several are top-notch.  I buy my licenses at these shops too.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2019, 04:44 PM »
Yeah fer sportsman warehouse I really liked the one off mt nebo also...I got my annual  ice fishing magazines  and checking the latest n greatest gear jus add ice n fish...

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:26 AM »
That's great news The best thing to happen around here in years.
Bassbelas store just shows how corporate America is screwing consumers.
Rumors have been around that Bass pro was looking for a location to build a store. Myself I never believed it especially after the Mud and Creek stores started popping up around here .let's show sportsmans warehouse a lot of support hopefully we will support them

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 07, 2019, 09:35 AM »
I'll be making a trip down there this weekend sometime . Heading north for a little road trip first .

Offline Parks Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 07, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Stopped in today, no ice fishing equipment out yet.

Parks Guy
The nearest thing to heaven is a child

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 07, 2019, 11:09 PM »
Ok thanks . Guess I'll have to wait .

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:57 AM »
I wouldn't get too excited went there looking for a fishing vest noy a simms 300 dollar one or a kayak one Checked th websitem befor I drove down said had 3 different ones WELL they didn't have any!! Employee was clueless also also no ice fishing magazines or equipment.All their clothing was left over from field and stream I will order from fish usa or online in future

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2019, 05:07 PM »
DICKS the name fits the store !!!

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:18 PM »
If you want a great store for ice fishing equipment with a lot of knowledge, just go to the TackleShack.  I drive over 1.5 hours to go up...well work the trip to Wellsboro.  Nez

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2019, 03:32 AM »
Dats a 4 1/2 hrs drive for me but I could ck da Pa Grand Canyon while I'm there  cool new thanks :thumbsup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2019, 12:14 PM »
DICKS the name fits the store !!!

Only missing the word useless in front.   ;D

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 16, 2019, 12:25 PM »
I do order ice fishing stuff from dicks on line. I have gotten some great deals through the coupons I get. But hands down the best place to go to for ice fishing equipment is runnings, they have a large selection.

Offline bsapp15401

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:26 AM »
I stopped in the Sportsman's Warehouse in Washington on Thursday (Nov 14th). They did get some ice fishing equipment out, a few shelters in their boxes, some tackle, a few rods and reels, electronics and some tip ups.

The staff did seem a little cranky there that day....

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:26 AM »
I think I'll wait till a week or so before Christmas to take a ride down . Sounds like they're still trying to get organized . Hopefully by then they'll have more ice fishing gear out .

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Nov 18, 2019, 02:00 PM »
From what I heard – when SW bought the F&S stores – they bought the store and all the merchandise inside.  They need to clear the F&S stuff out before they get the normal SW stuff in ... They’re also still operating under F&S’s FFL until theirs is approved and issued.  Hopefully, they’re all changed over soon.  My only wish is that they would’ve bought the one in Cranberry as well as Washington.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.