Author Topic: Frabill pro thermal tip replace spool shaft and spool  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
After further research and learning from my previous forum you cant take off the spool of a frabill pro thermal tip up does anyone know where i can get either spool shafts designed for 1500 ft spools or 1500ft spools that come with spool shafts

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Frabill pro thermal tip replace spool shaft and spool
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2020, 09:01 AM »
yeah, if polar by HT spools ,n, shafts will work. i have 2 i don,t use (complete tipups) 500 yd. ones. are the shafts the same size? if they will work, PM your addy, ,n, they,re on the way. wire   P.S. , where in finger lakes you located? these MAY cost you a getogether up there. lol

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Conesus hemlock are the closest which is a 45 minute drive

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2020, 10:27 AM »
They said the spool shafts which are a different size of the Magnum pop up style tip ups don't come off and that spool shaft is the right size unless they are wrong and it does come off

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2020, 01:14 PM »
I get its a diy project And theres pride in making something yourself, but i have a set of shallow water beaver dams and a deep water set of heritage lakers.heritage lakers were on sale for 28$ a piece.by the time you buy shafts,spools and parts you could buy tipups already made with big spools.just my worthless opinion.i will also add what makes the spool not removeable on the frabill?they went on the shaft somehow,unless its all one piece.a little propane torch works wonders.lol

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2020, 01:16 PM »
Im only doing it if i find the extra money on the ground

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2020, 01:45 PM »
OK lets put this to bed ..I have some older H style plastic HT Polar Hardwater tip ups ...their is a  cap nut at the spool end ..it comes off ..but the spool is probably pressed on ..with some skill and time sure I can get it off ..But did not try

The 4 inch spools come off of both these style tip ups ...with the removal of the drag/tension.nut..one is a plastic wing nut on the Frontier model and a metal knurled head nut for the pop up..I tried this as I have both style tip up

http://htice.com/FRT-1/

https://www.amazon.com/HT-Enterprise-PPM-1500-Magnum-1500-Feet/dp/B00AU5W0W6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The 4 inch spool has a much larger "axle "hole then the HT Polar Hardwater "axle"..so you would have to figure out a way to overcome that "slop"

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2020, 04:54 PM »
Thanks i could either a buy the Magnum tip ups separately and take them apart or b go to hardware store and find something

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.