The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Green Bay whitefish  (Read 1172 times)

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
Green Bay whitefish
« on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:48 AM »
Can anyone give a current report? Was thinking of heading your way Presidents' Day weekend. If u had all the gear and only 2.5 days of fishing would u get a guide or just find the pack. Thanks Mark :tipup:

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Green Bay whitefish
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2018, 04:57 AM »
I am heading up this weekend, using Why Knot Guide Service, going out from Sturgeon Bay. I would recommend guide service for first trip out. They check the ice constantly and know the safe routes.

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:10 PM »
theres lots of cracks that are constantly moving on the bay! U have to stay on the roads crossing at the bridges but the bite has been great this year definitely get a guide or get out with a local for the first trip out there they are a blast when theyre biting good though   

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:00 AM »
Went Sunday out of Sturgeon Bay, Bite was a little slow, we ended up with 23 whitefish and 1 Bourbot. Was a great time with friends. We fished in 40 to 60 feet of water. A couple guys came up on Saturday and driving north past Dykesville found a spot there were people fishing in about 20-30 feet of water near the shore, they got 13 whitefish in 2 hours. Good luck this weekend, follow the roads as there are cracks and crossings all along the lake. UTV transport is pretty common out further, bring GPS in case weather blocks your view to return.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Antony still ice fishing on the bay. My boy is on spring break was thinking of heading that wAy.   Mark :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.