Author Topic: Changes to this seasons Tourney ..  (Read 4872 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Changes to this seasons Tourney ..
« on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:40 PM »

I have made a few changes to this seasons tournament.

Please read the rules ... I have made a few changes.

I replaced the burbot category with a brook trout category. I looked at last seasons total entries (per category) and eliminated one from the bottom three. The burbot is still eligible in the Anything Category.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
Re: Changes to this seasons Tourney ..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Did New York put pressure on yous guys since BC was nippin at their heels?  :roflmao: :roflmao:  That will hurt Team BC but maybe we do need a handicap since we have so many big fish Oh well guess we will have to catch a football brokie & lay our burbots in the anything category. fish on :icefish: Looking forward to the fun Tight lines all
TEAM BC

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007, 02:24 PM »

If I switched out the entire bottom three you'd be in trouble. They were walleye, lake trout and burbot.   :'(

Offline rolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Could you imagine the outcry if you had cancelled the walleye with the lowest amount of replies. We can take it :flex:
Not sure how the anything category works, please explain. Not sure why last year a 19 inch fish got first and 44 in musky got 2nd and 23 inch fish got 3rd. Do I need to catch a fish quickly to place in this category? Kinda like speed fishing ;D Cool
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=41753.0
Team BC (Northern Division)

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2008, 09:07 AM »
looks good lonewolf, thanks again! 

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2008, 10:03 AM »
Could you imagine the outcry if you had cancelled the walleye with the lowest amount of replies. We can take it :flex:
Not sure how the anything category works, please explain. Not sure why last year a 19 inch fish got first and 44 in musky got 2nd and 23 inch fish got 3rd. Do I need to catch a fish quickly to place in this category? Kinda like speed fishing ;D Cool
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=41753.0

Anything Category      (No trophy prizes for this category)
The 1st place entry for each species entered will go into a drawing for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Prizes. (This way every species has a chance of winning in this category)

If 15 species are entered the 1st place of each species goes into a drawing and three are drawn. A 10 inch could be drawn for 1st , a 36 inch could be drawn for 2nd and a 46 inch could be 3rd .... or any other combination.  ;)

Doug >))))>

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2008, 10:08 AM »
sounds like the fairest way to do ot. thanx lonewolf!!!

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2008, 01:34 AM »
Without Burbot we need a handicap for Team Alaska. We don't have crappie, bluegills, bass, perch, walleye, or brook trout.

We have Arctic char, Lake trout, Northern Pike, Rainbow trout, Landlock Salmon and BURBOT. Looks like we could compete in about half of the tournament species :o maybe.

Seems like the categories mainly cover the fish we don't have.  >:( This is always an issue for us  ??? Something needs to be done so we can all share the wealth of prizes.  If I'm not mistaken, this issue comes up every year around tourney time.

How about breaking it up into zones and have the predominant fish that are mainly fished for in that zone dictate the tourney species?

Just because there are not a lot of entries for a species doesn't mean that they aren't heavily fished for. It was a bad year for a lot of us trying to catch certain species and the below zero temps in certain areas hampers a lot of our fishing time. Most prople here won't do much fishing for the next month or two because of weather and not much activity on the fish cooperating in biting. So again I propose to make the tourney a little longer too for those who have ice later in the year to make up for the lack of species or the weather.

I just want it to be fair for everyone and for us all to have a good time participating in this thing.

Just my 2 cents.

FF

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2008, 06:22 AM »
Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  . You boys whine about nothing , You wanna talk unfair  ? put your butts in our shoes , We don't even have ice . how unfair is that ? you guys can fish 24 -7 and load the boards with fish and we haven't even as much as wet a line . So get over it and enjoy yourselves it's not like your gonna get famous or become big time fishermen from this tourney . IT'S FOR FUN !!! for cripes sake .
                                                                                                               John

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2008, 06:44 AM »
Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  . You boys whine about nothing , You wanna talk unfair  ? put your butts in our shoes , We don't even have ice . how unfair is that ? you guys can fish 24 -7 and load the boards with fish and we haven't even as much as wet a line . So get over it and enjoy yourselves it's not like your gonna get famous or become big time fishermen from this tourney . IT'S FOR FUN !!! for cripes sake .
                                                                                                               John

Couldn't have said it any better.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:14 AM »

The third photo needed that read "inside a permanent shelter" should have read " inside a shelter/shanty" .. which includes portables. It has been changed as of this post.

Doug >))))>

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Couldn't have said it any better.

agread

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2008, 09:09 PM »
 Kinda Funny to see the Mods lay it down
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2008, 06:11 PM »

We started this season off on a Tuesday so I will be doing the drawings on Tuesdays ... starting this Tuesday !  :thumbsup:

Doug >))))>

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:40 PM »

In the past tournaments we had it where there were to be no alterations to the pics (cropping or shading out backgrounds, etc.).
Somehow it wasn't added to the rules but I'm adding it in now.

Also we need something in the background that says you're on the lake. The lake with shoreline in the distance, tip ups, holes, etc..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.