Author Topic: Got me a new gas auger!!  (Read 1076 times)

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got me a new gas auger!!
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Wife bought me an Eskimo Mako....I can finally hang up the hand auger after many, many years.  Now to find the time to get out there and use it! :icefish:
Good Luck and Good Fishing to You!!!

Offline SISIF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ^ Every good and perfect gift is from above.
Re: Got me a new gas auger!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Sweet! My parents just bought me the exact same one.
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” -Matthew 4:19

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:04 PM »
My friend has one and he loves it.....I hear good things about the old Jiffys too.

Spent the afternoon messing around with it, tomorrow I fire it up.  Pretty pumped.  Very nice that your parents bought you such an expensive toy!!

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Got the Mako 2 yrs ago,great auger minus the cracked gas tank this year lol.you'll love it
GILLISHAMMER

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2010, 08:00 AM »
Gillis, I am sure there is a two-part epoxy out there that would repair that tank, if not, the guys at St.Andrews Parts and Power are really good.

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Thanx dude
GILLISHAMMER

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:51 AM »
I know I have one under the tree for x-mas. Just hope the kids remebered to buy the extension for it.

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Hog, it is a 42" from the box, that should suffice for most years.  The extensions are about $40 I believe, so take one of your wife's presents back if you don't get one....LOL!!!

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM »
I will buy one and give it to my wife for x-mas. If the kids got me one I will take it back and trade it in for some jigs and stuff. LOL

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Funny.  Our wives should meet as they get similar presents.  Last year my wife got a case of 16 Gauge shotgun shells. ;D

Just came in from firing up the new auger.  Started on second pull.  A bit tricky to pull due tot he location of the starter cord.  Almost punched myself out.  Easier if you hold it in your left hand and lay it down at arms length, and pull the cord with the right hand.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2010, 02:02 PM »
Thats funny. 25 years ago my wife got 3lbs of powder 2boxes of primers and a couple bags of wads. After the puzzled looks on her face I brought out her real presents.

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Maybe I should buy my wife some real presents too.  Last year she got a nice socket set, an ice rod and a propane heater.  She wasn't that happy.  Maybe this year I will buy her a vacuum or a blender.  Then she can throw one of them at me and hit me with the other.

Just foolin', my wife rocks and has a documented 30" Walleye and 40.5" Cat to prove it.  She don't do hard water though.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2010, 02:25 PM »
My wifes the same. Not much of a hardwater woman but my kids are a different story they love to get out in the winter. My youngest got a 32inch walleye last year through the ice. I got it mounted for her and she is so proud of that fish. She bugs me all the time because in my 50 so years of fishing my biggest eyes out of the ice were 31 1/2 inch. Thats what I like about Lake Wpg and the river, anytime you set the hook it could be the monster.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.