The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait Shop in Cochranton?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bait Shop in Cochranton?
« on: Feb 28, 2020, 08:44 AM »
I heard a story this summer that there was a new bait shop in Cochranton.  Supposedly in the old NAPA store.  I drove past it last weekend because I was in the area and it was called something like Tom's Swap Shop.  Anyone know if they are selling bait in there?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
Re: Bait Shop in Cochranton?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:40 AM »
didnt see it? its a one horse town but has everything you need  ;)  bait would be great seeing closest bait in franklin i hear
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:50 AM »
New bait stores don't seem to last too long anymore Mo...  But it would be a great place for one.  Sugar, Conneaut, Geneva, French...all within 15 mins of Cochranton.  But if the swap shop has minnies, I'd be thrilled.

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Worth looking into. Lots of small business owners carry bait and tackle as a side line

Offline PREACHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2020, 05:24 PM »
There used to be a bait shop between the NAPA store and beer distributer in Cochranton.It was part of a private residence. Family run business. Owners were very nice people .Dont know if they are still open or not. Might be the one people were referring to.  There used to be a lot of bait shops in the area. Bobs bait shop in Cooperstown was on Sugar Creek. The Trading Post on Big Sugar Creek. Tammarak Lake had two. Years back before internet shopping the smaller shops had trouble getting the tackle reps to take their orders once the Walmarts and Kmarts arrived. They had to get together to place an order. Even then since they didn't have  the volume as the box stores they couldn't get the pricing and as a result they couldn't compete. Helped put them out of business .Jiggers is still open on Rt 62 heading towards Polk from Sandy Lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.