The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: fish fo free days in NEW YORK 2-15-2-16 2020  (Read 2314 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
fish fo free days in NEW YORK 2-15-2-16 2020
« on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:57 AM »
since there is little or no ice here in swpa,and also little in nwpa,was wondering if there is info on CHATAQUA.looks like its just as far as eaton? any locals go there and can direct me to the quickest way on to the ice there,are there any restrictions?  thanks in advance
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
Re: fish fo free days in NEW YORK 2-15-2-16 2020
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:18 AM »
Thanks for this heads up MO!  I might take a ride to Chataqua on Sunday and get some fishing in.  Only 2.5 hours away.  If you go up Saturday please post how you did where you parked if possible.  Stay safe sir!
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:44 AM »
There parking at a few places north end Mayville and at longpoint State Park if you need more information I'll send it later

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:50 PM »
There parking at a few places north end Mayville and at longpoint State Park if you need more information I'll send it later
thanks
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Catchabigone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:18 PM »
My son and I will be making the trip up Saturday morning.

Some maps and parking at Chautauqua Lake

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9230.html

South
http://www.mappery.com/Southern-Chautauqua-Lake-Fishing-Map

North
http://www.mappery.com/North-Chautauqua-Lake-Fishing-Map
Dear Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch, the courage not to lie about it and the wisdom to know that none of my fishing buddies would believe me anyway… Amen.

Offline fishnwillee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Stop @ HOGAN'S HUT in Stow NY, it is right before the interstate cross the lake heading east.  they are helpful and have bait.   They should update their report of lake conditions tomorrow on facebook.

we are heading up on Sat too, but not leaving Butler & Prospect until about 9 or 10 (my son is going to a Penquin's game Fri night so he don't want to leave early.   If you want to catch bluegills & many perch mostly small) go to Mayville.   there is parking there you can see driving up the main road.   if you want to catch a few perch with the possiblility of a walleye go to long point state park to park.  it is across the bridge on the east side of lake north of the bridge.   If you wanted to go with us of follow PM me.   I have a doubl cab truck with a small back seat for legroom.  we will fish till dark the stop & eat in Erie on way home.

Chute82

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:42 AM »
Mayville winter fest is this weekend at the park...you better get there early if you want a parking spot..going to be an absolute zoo

Offline fishnwillee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:44 AM »
OH, dang.  Guess we will just go straight to Long Point.   at least there won't be any snowmobiles buzzing around on the ice.   

OH Mo, if you go, you have to have a receipt for minnows with you showing they are certified.  Get them up there. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:08 AM »
OH, dang.  Guess we will just go straight to Long Point.   at least there won't be any snowmobiles buzzing around on the ice.   

OH Mo, if you go, you have to have a receipt for minnows with you showing they are certified.  Get them up there.
wow thanks for the heads up never deal with minnow issue. here my minnows are uasually certifiable to catch fish that is but not always
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Definitely appreciate all the heads up your guys are giving about going to Chatagua.  I'll be heading up Sunday hopefully to stay the entire day and even catch that late bite!

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2020, 05:17 AM »
I'll let you gents know how it goes this morning.   Anyone make the drive to fish NY? How'd you do?

Offline fishnwillee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2020, 10:05 AM »
late start, went by Lake Pleasant, about 7 or 8 groups out there, didn't have bait with us so kept going to Chautauqua.  Got bait went to Mayville to see, as expected no where to park, probably 50 huts out there fishing.  Got to Long Point state park, boat launch about 1:15.  A lot of guys were quitting, no fish.  we tried until about 4:00 then went to (walked) North Side of LP, got a couple of perch, another fisherman came over & said try his holes as he was leaving.  First half hour couldn't use 2 poles, as soon as bait got to bottom, had one on.  brought home 27, 8 - 10 inches, threw back probably twice as many. 

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2020, 09:01 PM »
Nice time at Chatagua today.   Like ppl have said had to sort thru the dink but brought a couple back for the table.   Fun day only drilled six holes and fished out of four of them.   Constant action not a bad drive had fun.... thanks New York.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2020, 01:18 PM »
I was up at Oneida with a buddy, but we fish NY pretty frequently so we already had licenses.  Sat was an adventure with negative temps and broken buddy heater.  Fish didn't want to commit.  Caught 6 walleyes by 9am Sunday.  It is super nice to run machines on ice.  4 wheeler allowed us to get away from the crowds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.