The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: What held up in NEPA?  (Read 3839 times)

Offline quickshake

• Team IceShanty Regular
What held up in NEPA?
« on: Feb 05, 2020, 02:49 PM »
So who’s been out in NEPA to check and see what’s held up, I’ve been to Moon, Sylvan and Harvey’s lake, not good Lake Jean is fishable yet. 4-5”

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
Re: What held up in NEPA?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2020, 07:15 PM »
been ice fishin since 92  hardest and worst jan and feb in the new year ive ever had to find ice  noaa climate prediction is saying it isnt gonna happen  im in awww just sucks even lower upstate new york is bad have to travel up up deep

Offline Mr. Charlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:09 PM »
I’ve been keeping bait alive in a bucket for two weeks that held up better than the ice.
Keep yer worms warm!

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:09 AM »
I fished this past Monday and Tuesday in upper Wayne Co. the ice was about 7" , I hate to say it but with the long range forecast I am glad I went it may be the last ?????

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:49 AM »
It's raining pretty hard near Gouldsboro now and this afternoon they're calling for 1 to 3 inches or 3 to 6 inches of snow depending on which weather report you listen to, and then it's supposed to go down into the teens overnight.  The best case scenario with this would be we get the 1 to 3 inches of snow, it soaks up all the rain, then freezes overnight and during the day tomorrow.  That'll put a build up some ice and give us what looks like some borrowed time for the season.  No matter how it plays out I wouldn't be going anywhere on the ice without spudding my way around. 

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:56 AM »
I agree Chris! With all the water on the ice, it will saturate whatever snow we get and it is supposed to be a quick freeze up later this afternoon. Should be good by morning. Probably won't even need a smitty sled.

I'm headed to Perkins for the tourney. Heard it had 10" of ice on Wed. First time doing a tourney. Supposed to be a good one!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2020, 05:12 PM »
The ice held up surprisingly well this weekend. I went to Upper Woods yesterday. I was there a week before(on Sunday 2/2) and measured 4” of ice. Yesterday I did not expect to see more ice than last weekend! But I measured almost 5” yesterday.

It’s a different world up there, though! Holes were freezing over all day and it was snowing most of the morning. It was 28* when I left at 1:30 pm and by the time I got to Hawley it was 32* and no snow on the ground.

I got a text from a buddy that lives in Pleasant Mount this morning that it was snowing heavy and he had almost 6” (new) snow on the ground at mid morning. I checked the radar because we only had 1/2” of snow and it had already  changed to rain when I left Milford at 6am.

Where's the FISH?!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2020, 02:33 PM »
I agree Chris! With all the water on the ice, it will saturate whatever snow we get and it is supposed to be a quick freeze up later this afternoon. Should be good by morning. Probably won't even need a smitty sled.

I'm headed to Perkins for the tourney. Heard it had 10" of ice on Wed. First time doing a tourney. Supposed to be a good one!
When is the tournament? That place becomes a zoo day of tourney and no fish are ever caught lol shallow weedy slough that pond

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2020, 02:36 PM »

When is the tournament? That place becomes a zoo day of tourney and no fish are ever caught lol shallow weedy slough that pond

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Tourney was last Sat. I woke up sick so I didn't go. But my buddy went and caught a 13" crappie. But got beat out for biggest panfish with a 13.5" trout! Not supposed to be any trout in there and we're still trying to figure out how a trout counts as a panfish!  ;) ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2020, 10:54 PM »
It doesn’t he was robbed

Offline Fishermen7201

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2020, 03:18 PM »
Long pond 4 inches

Offline Perry C

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has look at the ice at Brady's.? Want to go up on Thursday, just want to know where I should go. Live in philly.

Offline iceslider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2020, 02:19 PM »
4 inches today.
Well I ain’t often been right but I never been wrong
Seldom turns out the way it does in the song

Offline Perry C

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2020, 04:20 PM »
Thanks ice s.

Offline Freytown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Was at Tobyhanna this afternoon, lot's of fisherman on 5-6inches ice. Saw one big pickerel flopping on the ice and many smaller ones returned. I didn't fish only seeing what was good.

Checked some smaller ponds in the Newfoundland area and all were only 2-3 inches of smokey ice.  FT  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.