The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Jawjackers  (Read 29763 times)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Re: Jawjackers
« Reply #90 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:26 PM »
Yup, racist discrimination... ::)  We're just to cold for them.

I showed that to them in person and read it to them.  they stuck to that they were illegal. 
i think ruttnutt actually got a message from the owner of JJ saying that he also found out that they were illegal and suggested ways for us to try and change it. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline RepGerg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Feb 16, 2020, 11:29 AM »
So I use Fincky Foolers that dead stick the bait and have a flag trip on the run no doubt all legal it’s a tip up for rods but of course they sell a kit to convert the device to a hook setter then if used that way illegal additionally I made “slammers” 25 years ago for pike and steelhead and recently putzed around and made coat hanger hook setters all illegal now, funny wardens have been standing next to me when a slammer trips and have commented how effective they are at catching fish.
Needs to be clarified much better mine are homemade.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #92 on: Feb 17, 2020, 09:40 AM »
It'd be interesting to see what the Guppy Cops would say if they saw someone using one that the person took off all the JawJacker stickers, painted them a different color, and put a sticker with a different name on it  such as Icerigger the DownRigger.  I'd be telling them that's not a JawJacker, look is a Icerigger the Downrigger.   ;D

Offline saphireblue99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 17, 2020, 01:06 PM »
So I can go deer hunting with a rifle, shotgun, pistol , flintlock, inline muzzleloader, bow and arrow , crossbow . Hunt  Coyote with an AK, bazooka basically anything. Get as many doe licences as I can get. Yet can['t use a basically primitive fishing device  that keeps fish from swallowing the hook that I am going to release anyway ???

Chute82

« Reply #94 on: Feb 17, 2020, 01:27 PM »
So I can go deer hunting with a rifle, shotgun, pistol , flintlock, inline muzzleloader, bow and arrow , crossbow . Hunt  Coyote with an AK, bazooka basically anything. Get as many doe licences as I can get. Yet can['t use a basically primitive fishing device  that keeps fish from swallowing the hook that I am going to release anyway ???

That’s why it’s  the commonwealth of PA and not the common sense

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Feb 17, 2020, 03:47 PM »
You're a million percent right there.  If it's something that'd be common sense there's not a snowball's chance in hell it'll happen or be done by the state.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 18, 2020, 05:59 AM »

Yeeeeeesssss. Now yer getting the idea!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:17 AM »

Unfortunately...……………………………………………….. ::) ::) ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #98 on: Feb 21, 2020, 09:22 PM »
If anyone gets a citation for using a self-hooking device in PA they should post it on tis site. We could band together and have a class action lawsuit. Otherwise I would not bother asking the fish commission. They may get a bug-up-their-ass and change the regulation. If I see a fish warden coming, I"m going to disengage the devices and tell him they are dead sticks.

Should we start a topic to post ONLY if you get harassed by PAFC or are given a citation?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:20 AM »
Yeah, just title it: "Harassed by the JawJacker Police!;) ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Oct 14, 2020, 09:26 AM »
Anyone find out anything in the off season, about JawJackers /autosetters and legality?  Shopping for tip ups before they sell out and want to make sure I'm in the clear with the law.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Oct 21, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Nope. It sounds like the PF&BC is sticking to their opinion that they are illegal, even though nothing in the law says they are!  :P

So I altered my JawJackers in case I get checked by an officer!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Oct 21, 2020, 09:30 AM »
I bought the Finicky Foolers to try this year based in part on this thread from last year.  Great info for everyone.  Many thanks to those who were in discussion with PFBC about the matter.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Dec 19, 2020, 06:45 AM »
They feel unfair advantage i figure. I also agree why is trolling legal? It hooks the fish?

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Dec 19, 2020, 04:12 PM »
 Years back there was something listed in the book about devices that hooked the fish not being approved devices. It is no longer in the book, not sure when it disappeared but thinking when the book became a magazine with Ads.  Back in 2010 when JJ came out I asked the PFBC about them ... at that time I was told they were legal... Sadly I no longer have that E-mail. Not sure if it was lost when one of my older computers died or if I screwed up and deleted it.  I did a half hearted search of my old posts to see if I put it on one of them but no luck so far.... will keep looking.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:07 AM »
They feel unfair advantage i figure. I also agree why is trolling legal? It hooks the fish?

AMEN!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:13 AM »
Years back there was something listed in the book about devices that hooked the fish not being approved devices. It is no longer in the book, not sure when it disappeared but thinking when the book became a magazine with Ads.  Back in 2010 when JJ came out I asked the PFBC about them ... at that time I was told they were legal... Sadly I no longer have that E-mail. Not sure if it was lost when one of my older computers died or if I screwed up and deleted it.  I did a half hearted search of my old posts to see if I put it on one of them but no luck so far.... will keep looking.

I doubt it would make any difference even if you had an old e-Mail from someone at the PF&BC.................. when I contacted them they were adamant that they were illegal. Would probably just claim that the person was wrong or the official position on the devices has changed..............o r some BS like that!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline mschutter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Dec 20, 2020, 11:33 PM »
Who pays the Fish and Boat Commission? The fisherman do. So why are you guys complying to some bureaucrats wins? I not paying $60 per jawjackerwhen make 3 of them for that price. I hope the fish warden stops me and fines me. The warden has no law to stand on and I am win I will sue the Pennsylvania fish and Boat Commission in court for false arrest.  Stop acting like boot licking slaves.and start acting like free Americans. Man I can tell of you boys are boot licking Republicans. Free men don't boot lick some bureaucrat and they voted  Libertarian!

Offline gallitzinice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:37 AM »
Since this is going down hill fast, I'll help it on its way.

Me, I just hook the fish myself, like a man--don't need any help.   ;D

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Dec 21, 2020, 08:54 AM »
Who pays the Fish and Boat Commission? The fisherman do. So why are you guys complying to some bureaucrats wins? I not paying $60 per jawjackerwhen make 3 of them for that price. I hope the fish warden stops me and fines me. The warden has no law to stand on and I am win I will sue the Pennsylvania fish and Boat Commission in court for false arrest.  Stop acting like boot licking slaves.and start acting like free Americans. Man I can tell of you boys are boot licking Republicans. Free men don't boot lick some bureaucrat and they voted  Libertarian!

Mschutter - Alike you I have personal opinions of what political stance I take, but airing out some pretty direct opinion isn't what this forum is for. This forum is here to help all of us understand and learn more about what we like to do, what works, what helpful. Stating "Slaves, Republicans, Libertarian's"- That's not welcome here so keep that to your self and respect the other people on this forum. If that's too much to ask, your free to leave at anytime!
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:17 AM »
Since this is going down hill fast, I'll help it on its way.

Me, I just hook the fish myself, like a man--don't need any help.   ;D

Same...  ;D

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Fishing this last Saturday, had one jaw jacker hole produce 6 trout. Most were hooked in the upper lip, a couple enough that I had to use pliers to get the hook out. So far this was the best luck I have had with Jaw Jackers to date, was just the right day and right bait I guess. No problem using them here in Idaho, but hey its Idaho this is where they come from.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Fishing this last Saturday, had one jaw jacker hole produce 6 trout. Most were hooked in the upper lip, a couple enough that I had to use pliers to get the hook out. So far this was the best luck I have had with Jaw Jackers to date, was just the right day and right bait I guess. No problem using them here in Idaho, but hey its Idaho this is where they come from.

Did you use just the original JJ setup or did you have the motorized jig attachment on them? I am leaning towards buying a couple of these next season. I've spent too much already tis year!  ;D
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Dec 21, 2020, 10:01 AM »
Did you use just the original JJ setup or did you have the motorized jig attachment on them? I am leaning towards buying a couple of these next season. I've spent too much already tis year!  ;D

I have both 4 reg JJ and then 2 jiggin bases. I didn't have the auto jigger bases going Saturday. They work but require a bit more setup.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Dec 21, 2020, 03:29 PM »
When i pull the tip up out of the hole I decide when to set the hook ,( only me). I don't want the device to fish for me . The thrill of setting the hook would be gone.

Offline GERKMANY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I CATCH GERK MANY JOANS!!!!!
« Reply #115 on: Dec 21, 2020, 05:06 PM »
I just purchased 2 jawjackers to use this season. I read the response to ruttnut. In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is the commission CORRECT! If you cannot PRODUCE a list of illegal methods, then why should I concede? Sounds more like LEGAL EXTORTION to fine you. The HYPOCRITES are saying “do what I say, but I can’t produce a legit document “.  Nope! Not gunna happen with me. It’s time for people to MAKE A STAND!!  Come fine me, see what happens.

No political affiliation here. 

PATRIOTS STAND UP TO TYRANNY

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Dec 21, 2020, 05:17 PM »
I just purchased 2 jawjackers to use this season. I read the response to ruttnut. In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is the commission CORRECT! If you cannot PRODUCE a list of illegal methods, then why should I concede? Sounds more like LEGAL EXTORTION to fine you. The HYPOCRITES are saying “do what I say, but I can’t produce a legit document “.  Nope! Not gunna happen with me. It’s time for people to MAKE A STAND!!  Come fine me, see what happens.

No political affiliation here. 

PATRIOTS STAND UP TO TYRANNY

They have ALWAYS been illegal in Minnesota and specifically called out in the regs.

I can live with that.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline GERKMANY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I CATCH GERK MANY JOANS!!!!!
« Reply #117 on: Dec 21, 2020, 05:34 PM »
@gunflint
I live in pa. When did I mention Minnesota?   

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:08 PM »
I know, I know. You are absolutely correct. It is weakness of mine.

Sorry  :-\
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Dec 21, 2020, 07:18 PM »
When i pull the tip up out of the hole I decide when to set the hook ,( only me). I don't want the device to fish for me . The thrill of setting the hook would be gone.

Well, I like the thrill of fighting a fish on an ultralight rod with light line.................i nstead of yanking it up through the hole hand over hand on 25 lb test!  ;) ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.