Author Topic: Shanty  (Read 1253 times)

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shanty
« on: Mar 13, 2021, 06:02 PM »
Anyone ever heard of the super shack from sennco they are neat and wondering if they still make them or if anyone knows where I can buy one used it’s on you tube but don’t know how to post the https://earlsenchuk.com/inventions/fishing/

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Yeah I've seen a bunch of people make these out of 2 sheets of plywood and a tarp. I can't see paying real money for one but it sure looks like a nice, light design.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:11 AM »
I made one years ago when I got back into ice fishing, was my first shack.

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:40 AM »
Did it work well for you looking to build something mobile like this cause I do t won’t to be just on one lake like to fish different ones and want to be able to pull it around

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:59 AM »
My son and I built one and used it for years. Collapse it, put it in the back of the pickup and go. A couple sheets of plywood, two by twos to frame out the floor, a couple lengths of half inch metal conduit and whatever you choose for the cover material.  We used clear Canvex. If you Google "collapsible portable fish house" you will find some plans. I hauled ours on a home built trailer.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Yep, it worked good. Used a tarp for mine. Im sure there's some better options, but like anything else can be as cheap or expensive as you want, mine was a bit heavy, but had steel skis on it.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2021, 06:49 PM »
had 1 for a few years pulls nice on ice but snow covered its a beast to pull around spent a few nights at sebago  cusk fishing in it
in god we trust

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2021, 07:27 PM »
had 1 for a few years pulls nice on ice but snow covered its a beast to pull around spent a few nights at sebago  cusk fishing in it

Lol, that was my problem, a smitty sled would have helped if I'd known about them then.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.