Author Topic: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 116743 times)

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #240 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:16 PM »
Welcome Zfisher!

Offline bigco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #241 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:49 AM »
Hello, I'm bigcox, and I'm an Ice Fishing addict!  LOL!  Looking forward to meeting new people on here, and possibly fishing with some!

Fish On!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #242 on: Dec 06, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Hello, I'm bigcox, and I'm an Ice Fishing addict!  LOL!  Looking forward to meeting new people on here, and possibly fishing with some!

Fish On!

Hey BigCox I am white/male/sagittarius I like chinese noodles and exploring the cave of the unknown, looking for good time, lets get together.

LOL

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #243 on: Dec 06, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Disturbing to say the least.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #244 on: Dec 16, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Hey BigCox....I guess a mod changed the name for the witness protection program?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #245 on: Dec 16, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Hey BigCox....I guess a mod changed the name for the witness protection program?

We need to get the Troopers involved as the X has been kidnapped or should that be Xnapped!!!!!    :woot:

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #246 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:19 PM »
No longer are you "X" rated...  "X" marked the cox....  "Meet bigco's 'X', what's your name again?"
TEAM ALASKA

Offline kelly1111

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #247 on: Dec 21, 2011, 01:30 AM »
Hi,  ;D
My name is Kelly, i come from London
I'm newbie here,

Nice to meet you, all  :P

Monetize your website with ad2com.net

Offline AKwalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #248 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Hello my name is Ben Cogger and I am an avid ice fisherman.  Spent the last 7.5 years in West-Central Minnesota enjoying everything the area has to offer, but I will be moving back home to Anchorage next week and am really looking forward to ice fishing the many area lakes.  Enjoy reading all the posts in the Alaska section and hope to get the chance to meet up with some of you folks.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."  ~Winston Churchill~

Offline AKmoosenuckle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #249 on: Jan 21, 2012, 06:27 PM »
My name is Dave and I'm a born and raised Alaskan.  I am from Kotzebue but have lived most of my life in Anchorage.  I mostly fly fish and ocean fish but have recently taken up ice fishing because sitting around waiting for summer pretty much sucks.  I am looking to do some remote fishing this year and am always looking for pointers on where to go and what to use.  I usually head anywhere North of Anchorage.

Offline Franken Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #250 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Im Franken Fish.  I like to fish... a lot.  Up North, Down South, East, West, whatever, whenever Im all in!  Been ice fishing a long time.  I was born and raised in the great state of Northern Minntucky.  Got me the Lake Troutitis and Fishagonoherpyaids as a child fishing the great lakes and everywhere  else theres fish in the 218.  Now I just do what I do when I do it, which is a lot!  If your in, Im going, hit me up, no cry babies, crap gets cold out there!

Offline akair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #251 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:13 PM »
New member, I live in the interior, Lake trout, pike, and burb are the target. Everything else is a waste of time.

Offline ChamplainTigerShark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #252 on: Feb 02, 2012, 02:45 AM »
 Howdy team alaska! Moved to anchorage in 2009 from Vermont after getting my degree in fisheries. I love everything about fish and fishing. I'm currently running a four year juvenile coho pit tagging project in the big lake water shed.

Offline GreeceMonkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #253 on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:50 AM »
Hello. My name is Jason and I live and fish on the Kenai Peninsula. Haven't been out on the ice much these past few years. Then my wife bought me a Q3 for my birthday last month ;D :thumbsup: Been telling myself I was gonna get one. It seems now I have caught the ice fever again. I am trying the Trustworthy derby this year and shooting at least for a straight flush (already gotta 1.14 lb kokanee, 1.47 char and .80 rainbow) no lunkers but well on my way. Have never pulled any of the other species through the ice they are calling for (laker, pike for the straight flush; add burbot, grayling and whitefish for the royal flush) and ran into this PRICELESS and very addicting ice fishing blog site while doing research for catching the more exotic of the species. Anyway, I will probably be askin' you gents (and ladies?) some questions and if you have any yourselves, don't hesitate. Good luck on the ice!
"A bad day of fishin' beats a good day of anything else"

Offline cledus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #254 on: Feb 03, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Hello team Alaska my name is matt I have lived in Wasilla for 5 year now been on the hard water 4 years I have never got a pike or a Laker and would love to bring one of them bad boys in any help would be appreciated good luck on the hard water

Offline Izumi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #255 on: Oct 08, 2012, 07:42 AM »
TEST

Offline Hunt_N_Pike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #256 on: Oct 25, 2012, 01:55 AM »
Failed?  ???

Offline Fergy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #257 on: Oct 25, 2012, 05:38 PM »
New to join, been reading for a while. Believe in getting the kids out and enjoy meeting people. Good luck to everyone as the water turns hard. Don't forget to help your neighbor even if he doesnot ask as you maybe the one needing help tomorrow.

Offline Hunt_N_Pike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #258 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:33 AM »
Welcome aboard!!!!

BigCo, LOl now thats funny.  ;D Sounds like a box store.  ;D

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #259 on: Nov 03, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Welcome Fergy, lots of good folks hang out here.  :tipup:
Bob

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #260 on: Nov 14, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Hello Alaska. My name is charliebrn.  Been a member of IS for some time but have recently moved to Anchorage Alaska from Wisconsin and what better to learn this amazing state you all have been blessed to live in than by learning from those of you that know best.  My job has relocated me to Alaska which has been a life long dream to visit but never expected to ever live here.  The dream became bigger than life and I cant tell you how blessed I am to have been given the opportunity to finish out my career in truly Gods Country with all of you.  Fished and hunted all my life and couldn't imagine anywhere I'd rather be than here in the great last frontier state of Alaska.   Chuck

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #261 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Welcome Charlie  :tipup:
Bob

Offline SparkyPilot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #262 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:16 AM »
Hello All,

I just moved to the Kenai Penn from Arkansas.  I'm really looking forward to hunting and fishing in AK.  I will be living down the road from Scout Lake, so I've been doing all the reading I can on that lake so that I may be able to fish this winter.  I fished the Kenai this summer for silvers and reds and was pretty sucessful.  I used to work on the slope so I am used to ice and snow.  I can't wait to drill my first hole in the ice maybe in a couple of weeks.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks and nice to meet ya'll.   ;D

Offline AngleAnchor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #263 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Hello.  New member here.  I am trying to get me son a lifetime slam of all Alaska freshwater species.  I grew up in Fairbanks.  He caught his first fish (stocked rainbow) at Ballaine Lake at age two.  He is now twelve and has caught:Trout: Rainbow; Dolly Varden, Arctic Char, Grayling, Burbot, Blackfish, Tomcod, Red salmon, King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Pink Salmon, Chum Salmon, Landlocked species of king and silver, hooligan, Long Nosed Suckerfish, And Pike..  He needs, as far as I can figure: Sheefish, Greater and lesser Cisco (whitefish) and lake, brook, cutthroat, and steelhead trout.  We want to go to Lake Louise and get a big Laker.  Now live iN Anchorage, any suggestions on how to target the Lakers there? Thanks.... And btw..great site.  We ice fish often and are looking for new ideas.

Offline AKSweetpete

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If enough time wrong lure becomes right one!
« Reply #264 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:28 AM »
Hi, I have been up in AK since 98, and have only ice fished a few times. I am trying to learn more about the sport and am trying to get my daughter out for some quality time with dad. My first time out with her was a failure, but I learn we'll from my mistakes. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Offline evilsnipe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Well, it's all over but the cryin'.
« Reply #265 on: Dec 29, 2012, 04:10 PM »
AKSweetpete, glad to have you on board. Real glad to hear your doing it to bond with your daughter. Always great to hear about getting the kids involved!

Tight lines!
Evilsnipe

Offline ArmyDoc4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #266 on: Jan 05, 2013, 12:56 PM »
My name is Jeremy Conn I am new to ice fishing in Alaska. I have been here stationed at FWW but with training and deployment have missed two winters. I do not have my own stuff yet but hope to soon. I am always looking for advice on where to go and I can always use a fishing buddy that is more experiance to show me the ropes.

Offline duckslayer56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #267 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:22 PM »
I'm Tom, I've been here since 2005 but only started ice fishing this year. Talk about 7 years of wasted winters! My buddy Mark took me out for lakers a couple months ago, and I have been hooked ever since. Bought all the gear minus the flasher (next payday) and have been out every weekend. Our goal is to try and get a 25 pounder this year, and release it of course!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #268 on: Jan 10, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Welcome.

You new folks might want to indicate what part of the state you are in and the area that you plan to fish. It might lower your learning curve and get you on fish faster.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #269 on: Jan 10, 2013, 04:52 PM »
I am from Minnesota, but man I wish I was there!  :bow:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.