Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

Berkshire ice

(1/1)

jf5:
Heading out there this weekend. Its been cold....hows the ice in Lee and Pittsfield??

luxor:
I haven't been ice fishing for about four years now, so I figured it was about time to get back into it. I've been hitting Pontoosuc in the afternoons since I get out of work around noontime. There are areas of open water but I've been fishing the northern side of the lake along the shore and as of yesterday there was about 12 to 14 inches of ice. But just south of my position (40 yards or so) there is a stretch of open water. I looked at Onota and it has more open water than Pontoosuc but I still saw some guys out there. Most where at the northern edge near the open water and there were a few down near the boat ramp. Only been averaging maybe three flags a session and one fish. Got two pike yesterday, they weren't keepers (23" and 19") but heck they were fun just the same. As long as the nights stay cold and it doesn't get to warm thru the day we should have another week or so I would think. Good luck if you go!

jf5:
Thanks Luxor. Just trying to get one last day in this SUnday...

Scuff:
Laurel lake has no ice what so ever and I  know Upper goose has 6- 8 inches but a lot of the edges are open. Lower goose is not fishable at all so you have to hike it in to upper if you want to go.

jf5:
Ice is done for. Time for open water...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version