The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lost sled and auger and tip up Missisquoi bay  (Read 4233 times)

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
Lost sled and auger and tip up Missisquoi bay
« on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:01 PM »
The wind pick up one of our smitty sleds and dragged it across the ice. Its got a brand new 33cc eskimo 8 inch auger, 2 tackle boxes and a few tip ups. We are heartbroken. any help is greatly appreciated

mississquoi bay. should of ended up.in rock river area by shore.:(

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lost sled and auger and tip up Missisquoi bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Sorry to hear...hopefully someone finds it and returns it. 

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2019, 02:43 PM »
I've got a buddy that fishes up there.. I'll mention it to himand see if he can pass the word around..

Sorry to hear that

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Call Gilbert at Martins general store  (802) 868-4459 everyone launching on that side goes through them. If somebody found the sled it will end up there I am betting. Good luck. Hopefully it didn't get into Canadian waters.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2019, 02:58 PM »
sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back. That is the trouble with glare ice and strong wind.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2019, 03:31 PM »
Another suggestion would be to call all the check stations and let them know what you lost. I would say a vast majority of ice fishermen would make an effort to locate the rightful owner if they found something like that.

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2019, 03:52 PM »
yeah we called everyone. someone said they saw someone pick stuff up and noone has turned anything in yet... so ...

Offline BigMook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2019, 10:01 PM »
My friend also lost a camo jet sled with a couple of heritage lake tip-ups. Should have ended up in the same area. Super windy night,ropes holding things down were breaking. A camper not far from us had flipped on its side. Good luck hope you find your stuff.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:34 AM »
yeah we called everyone. someone said they saw someone pick stuff up and noone has turned anything in yet... so ...

Hopefully you contacted the local police dept to see if anyone turned your stuff into them?

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Theres a pile of gear on shore there I guarantee it. There were tip ups blowing out of their holes and taking off.
Campers blowing off their blocks
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:48 AM »
we looked onshore... nothing

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:56 AM »

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:56 AM »
Hopefully you contacted the local police dept to see if anyone turned your stuff into them?

called... nothing :(

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:20 PM »
The wind pick up one of our smitty sleds and dragged it across the ice. Its got a brand new 33cc eskimo 8 inch auger, 2 tackle boxes and a few tip ups. We are heartbroken. any help is greatly appreciated

mississquoi bay. should of ended up.in rock river area by shore.:(
I've got an old Jet sled and a homemade Smitty sled that I don't use. Would be happy to give it to you and get it out of my garage if you want it. 
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Very nice gesture goge    that looks like a real nice setup he had. Hope it finds its way home

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:41 PM »
I've got an old Jet sled and a homemade Smitty sled that I don't use. Would be happy to give it to you and get it out of my garage if you want it.

wow man that would be awesome. if itll help you out too lol! it would def be a huge stepping stone for me!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:46 PM »
.  Very nice!!

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:58 PM »
wow man that would be awesome. if itll help you out too lol! it would def be a huge stepping stone for me!
Cool. I live near exit 5 on I89. I also travel to Williston next Tuesday. May be up in the islands fishing this weekend. Let me know how you want to pick the stuff up and we'll work it out.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Cool. I live near exit 5 on I89. I also travel to Williston next Tuesday. May be up in the islands fishing this weekend. Let me know how you want to pick the stuff up and we'll work it out.

I have a buddy in burlington that could meet you for me tuesday? would that be ok?

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:51 PM »
What a class act! Awesome to see..

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:21 PM »
I have a buddy in burlington that could meet you for me tuesday? would that be ok?
Sure. How about Dick's parking lot in Williston? I could do that around 10:00 AM.

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:35 PM »
What a class act! Awesome to see..
there really are some great people in this world

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:36 PM »
Sure. How about Dick's parking lot in Williston? I could do that around 10:00 AM.

ill message my buddy asap!

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Another suggestion would be to call all the check stations and let them know what you lost. I would say a vast majority of ice fishermen would make an effort to locate the rightful owner if they found something like that.

That's what everyone up here thought but no word on anything yet. You would think find someones WHOLE gear he would try and make an effort to return it... I mean its everything... Fingers crossed...

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:06 AM »
That's what everyone up here thought but no word on anything yet. You would think find someones WHOLE gear he would try and make an effort to return it... I mean its everything... Fingers crossed...

I'm sorry your stuff wasn't returned but at my age I have become quite cynical and feel there are plenty of @##hole fishermen out there who will keep your belongings. Great gesture by GO GET though!

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:11 PM »
My friend also lost a camo jet sled with a couple of heritage lake tip-ups. Should have ended up in the same area. Super windy night,ropes holding things down were breaking. A camper not far from us had flipped on its side. Good luck hope you find your stuff.

I think I found your buddies sled looking for my buddies sled! Shoot me a PM
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2019, 03:50 PM »
I'm sorry your stuff wasn't returned but at my age I have become quite cynical and feel there are plenty of @##hole fishermen out there who will keep your belongings. Great gesture by GO GET though!

Sounds that way... And it doesn't help when people start talking,  saying names and spreading rumors. I tried my best to contact all who could have been around but I give up. Causes more grief than just losing my gear. Its as good as lost in my book. I already started re-building. Water under the bridge as they say. I just hope if someone found it they put it to good use...

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Sounds that way... And it doesn't help when people start talking,  saying names and spreading rumors. I tried my best to contact all who could have been around but I give up. Causes more grief than just losing my gear. Its as good as lost in my book. I already started re-building. Water under the bridge as they say. I just hope if someone found it they put it to good use...

Guy in MA fell through the ice a few weeks ago.  People got him out and used a wheeler to pull him in a sled to the boat launch where an ambulance took over from there.  The guy left all his gear on the ice and no one wanted to go near it since it was close to the thin ice.  The following week after another week of cold temps a certain group of people who have an affection for ice fishing pillaged all his gear.
westernmas on the finder

Offline jmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Guy in MA fell through the ice a few weeks ago.  People got him out and used a wheeler to pull him in a sled to the boat launch where an ambulance took over from there.  The guy left all his gear on the ice and no one wanted to go near it since it was close to the thin ice.  The following week after another week of cold temps a certain group of people who have an affection for ice fishing pillaged all his gear.

so sad... I mean IF someone found my gear you would think theyd feel bad seeing as my WHOLE setup was in there not just one thing you know... but hey maybe its still out there or in the back of someones truck... Thanks to all who shared and spread the word

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:10 PM »
Hard to believe anyone finding that much gear wouldn't do what is necessary to find the owner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.