The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hawk Springs Res. or Packer Lake  (Read 2540 times)

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hawk Springs Res. or Packer Lake
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Has anyone fished Hawk Springs Res. or Packer Lake  lately??? :tipup:

Any safe ice on Hawk Springs Res. or Packer Lake?? :tipup:

Anyone to share fishing report for Hawk Springs Res. or Packer Lake???? :tipup:

Benwyo

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hawk Springs Res. or Packer Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2006, 07:40 PM »
I would like to know how much water is in Hawk springs, I tried to take my boat out this year and had to turn around becuse there was not enough water to launch  my boat!! >:(

Offline lethalwepon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Hawksprings is ugly low. I've never seen it this low. I was talking to a friend of mine that is in the fishery managment program at the university and one of the game wardens told him that Hawksprings might winter kill this year.

I'm not sure about the ice due to the warm weather we have had in Torrington, but if there ever gets to be enough ice it might be a good idea to get in some fishing this winter. There is a fued going on with irrigation and who know's how that is going to turn out. They might end up completely draining it (who knows). This is just speculation but I hope it doesn't come to that because Hawksprings is one of the best Walleye fisheries we have in this area.

Lethal

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2006, 03:11 PM »
benwyo,
           I have not fished Hawksprings in quite a few years. But I did fish it once and caught some dandy Perch.

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2006, 11:55 AM »
Big Ice
I know about the perch. That really is my favorite fish for ice fishing.
Over the years I have caught 1000's up there. Most of them average 12 - 14 inches and are around close to 2 lb apiece. Caught one in 1999 that mist the state record by .02 of an ounce. Mine was 2.18 lbs. weigh on certified scale.
Once I caught 34 perch and it filled a five gallon bucket.
I know it is real low so I figured it might be good fishing. I might check it out this week. If not I will head over to Hattie, Granite or Crystal Lake.

I have also caught through the ice catfish 3 - 5 lbs and Walleyes 2 - 3 lbs and a few largemouths bass around 3 lb average.

That was back when you could get minnows here in Cheyenne.

Good fishing
benwyo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.