Author Topic: 1st trip in 2015 at Chester  (Read 2035 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
1st trip in 2015 at Chester
« on: Jan 03, 2015, 05:30 PM »
Made the treck north to see my mom in lava and hit chesterfield for the 1st time this winter. Slapthefish, hooffish and another buddy and their families made the trip also. We all stayed at my moms place and only me and my stepson came home last night. The rest went to the hot pots and after not getting home till 8pm I was wishing I had soaked in the pots and stayed another night myself. The temps when we woke was -5 at the motel and upon arrival at the lake it was -11, atleast i think thats what slap said. We had lots of small fish through out the day but only one was over 12in and it came in my hole. The sad story is it was the one that got away. As I was pulling it out of the hole, the hook came out and right back down it went  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: both me and my stepson were nearly in tears  :'( Looked like it may have been a contender in the tourney, oh well next time. I only took a few pics as i said all the fish were to small to even see in the lens in my book. On a good note I got to try out the new chains on the wheeler I picked up this summer and for a 2-stroke 2-wheel drive it did pretty good in the 4in of fluffy snow. Any deeper and denser it will get hairy but this is my setup for the gorge to scoot around on as we all know there is hardly ever any snow there

This was looking out from where we parked, we are setup the furthest you can see on the other side of the lake

This was our set-up for the day, Slapthefish is hands up in front of his new 9416i and hooffish is setting up on the right. As usual militia flag flying proud

It would be sweet if every ice trip conditions where like this one as I was able to run both my machines with no probs at all. It was a great day to be out with everyone and wish I would have checked my PM's sooner to hook up with FGsteve & acpchuck from idaho, next time fellas for sure
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Re: 1st trip in 2015 at Chester
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2015, 06:29 PM »
hey nice report do ya know where I can get some of them chain tighteners  thay look mugging  ;D

Offline acpchuck

• IceShanty Rookie
  • x
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2015, 11:01 PM »
I was out there with a couple of friends yesterday. We were set up to the northwest of where you were.  I caught one 18 incher and that was the only one of any size. Several small ones but it was slower than when I went out on the 26th.  Really light bites and they didn't stick around it seems after the the first taste of the bait.

Did you see all the cattle out on the ice?  Not sure what they were up to but we found it pretty funny to see.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Looks like you had a great time! Also super pictures, what a way to start the new year.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Musky looks like fun no matter how many or how big the fish were or were not. Chesterfield is always colder than most places.

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2015, 03:19 PM »
It was a great time and I am very greatful to musky for towing up the machines as I brought the family with me.  The new 9416I worked out great for the wife and kids.  Only two of my three kids stepped into an ice hole, so the extra warmth the insulation offered was a life saver.  No fish, or bites for me, but everybody had a good time!  Hot pots felt great after a long day fishing.

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:25 AM »
Looks like a blast.
GOT ICE?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2015, 01:03 PM »
hey nice report do ya know where I can get some of them chain tighteners  thay look mugging  ;D

I picked the up off amazon, cant remeber the price though. I did pick up the front ones for $6 at orilleys

I was out there with a couple of friends yesterday. We were set up to the northwest of where you were.  I caught one 18 incher and that was the only one of any size. Several small ones but it was slower than when I went out on the 26th.  Really light bites and they didn't stick around it seems after the the first taste of the bait.

Did you see all the cattle out on the ice?  Not sure what they were up to but we found it pretty funny to see.

Yes the bite was lite and agreed they didnt stick around for long. Hit and run for sure

Looks like you had a great time! Also super pictures, what a way to start the new year.

thanks sinker seeker, it was a great time

Musky looks like fun no matter how many or how big the fish were or were not. Chesterfield is always colder than most places.

That place is for sure chilly, coldest I've experienced there was -27

It was a great time and I am very greatful to musky for towing up the machines as I brought the family with me.  The new 9416I worked out great for the wife and kids.  Only two of my three kids stepped into an ice hole, so the extra warmth the insulation offered was a life saver.  No fish, or bites for me, but everybody had a good time!  Hot pots felt great after a long day fishing.

No prob on the shuttle slap, I really wished I would have soaked with you guys
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Mikey8it

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2015, 12:53 PM »
I think im gonna make a trip up there this weekend. What do the fish like to eat at chester? and is there a better spot than not to be out on the lake?
FISH ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.