Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431492 times)

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #810 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:55 PM »
thats all i am catching is yellows..i wana pull some eyes thru the hole.....but im not catchin more then 8 yellows a night or less. i have heard guys catchin 40 to 80 yellows a night. i would love to kno how they are doin that....and where

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #811 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:12 AM »
To catch the higher # of yellows you need to drill 20 to 40 holes. If you do not see fish in 2 or 3 minutes move on, constantly hole jumping. The fish are roaming not staying for more than 5 minutes. After jumping around you can narrow down the hot holes and focus on 2 or 3. Key is to run and gun with spoons and minnow heads. hope this ups your fish #s.

Offline Bull_Gill_Mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #812 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Can you get around the lake fairly easy with an atv or 4x4 truck?

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #813 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:45 PM »
alright thanks Luckydog35. im tryin to find a hotspot for my permie.

Offline glowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #814 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:16 PM »
i thought maybe a little pray might make the fish bite    o fishing god ofishing god please hear our prays,we'll take some walleyes, crappies, bluegills, and yellows too in those buckets there, we'll catch them throught out the day, but come nite time the eyes come out to play, o fishing god you are true and dear just bring some action to the holes amen

Offline russjess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #815 on: Feb 05, 2010, 01:49 PM »
thats all i am catching is yellows..i wana pull some eyes thru the hole.....but im not catchin more then 8 yellows a night or less. i have heard guys catchin 40 to 80 yellows a night. i would love to kno how they are doin that....and where
where would you happen to be catchin yellows at i mean like the big lake little lake the island anything would help at this point

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #816 on: Feb 05, 2010, 02:03 PM »
i am by dodges point. i am not to familiar with clear lake...i have my permie out there and just tryin to find a hotspot.
 :tipup:

Offline russjess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #817 on: Feb 05, 2010, 02:17 PM »
i am by dodges point. i am not to familiar with clear lake...i have my permie out there and just tryin to find a hotspot.
hows dodges point for fishing

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #818 on: Feb 05, 2010, 03:17 PM »
its alright. usually catching up to about 8 yellows a night then some nights only a few....

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #819 on: Feb 05, 2010, 10:45 PM »
2 of us managed 43 yellows tonite. they continue to chew buckshots and heads. time to get out and get your share everybody. ;D ;D ;D

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #820 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:03 PM »
where are you guys fishin? you dont have to say exactly where just a idea...big lake or little lake?

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #821 on: Feb 06, 2010, 12:43 AM »
2 of us managed 43 yellows tonite. they continue to chew buckshots and heads. time to get out and get your share everybody. ;D ;D ;D

3 people 3 poles 40 fish for us.  I love to catch them things.  Fished 3:30pm-7pm  Buckshots and minnows.   ;D ;D;D

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #822 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:41 AM »
If you want the exact GPS cord.. Find the wind surfer that skied over and saw my fish on the ice( my mistake all going in a bucket from now on). He pulled out a handheld and marked it >:( >:( >:(. I don't mind helping people out a little, but it is fishing you need to go out and do some looking.

I am on the big lake, fishing all by myself......... well I was :'( :'( :'(

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #823 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:10 AM »
i dont want the exact cord. just want a idea of where your at..i am 17 years old just tryin to figure out the lake

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #824 on: Feb 06, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Tell them spot stealers to go fly a kite.  Wait a minute. ;D

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #825 on: Feb 06, 2010, 08:14 PM »
went out tonite and got 30 yellows!! not as aggressive of fish tonite drilled 40 holes and son managed to catch 18 of the 30! I do better when he doesn't go he is a stud fisherman!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #826 on: Feb 07, 2010, 11:54 AM »
The youngsters or the first time ice anglers always manage to outfish even the most seasoned of anglers. 

Offline coketeck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #827 on: Feb 07, 2010, 12:02 PM »
This weather that is on the way turned on the bite this AM. Stopped at 25 nice yellows and one keeper. Does help to stay away from crowd. Hey luckydog I told your kite friend he might want to stay away from the big 10 inch holes been drillin just might get wet.  LOL

Offline ice pig 121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #828 on: Feb 07, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Does anyone know if the DNR is going to extend the date so we can keep our houses out longer, Feburary 20th seems like it may be a bit early this year!
Tight lines and happy hunting to all! Go Vikings!!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #829 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:14 PM »
We need to get something going where we can petition the dnr into spilitting the removal date into 2 zones like minnsota.  Feb 20th below highway 20 or 30  and maybe March 1st or 7th above.  Most every year it gets like this.  More than enough ice and not enough "legal" time.

Offline ice pig 121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #830 on: Feb 07, 2010, 08:43 PM »
We need to get something going where we can petition the dnr into spilitting the removal date into 2 zones like minnsota.  Feb 20th below highway 20 or 30  and maybe March 1st or 7th above.  Most every year it gets like this.  More than enough ice and not enough "legal" time.

I agree 100% I'll put my name on the list for sure!  Unless something big happens in a hurry that will be good ice for quite some time!
Tight lines and happy hunting to all! Go Vikings!!

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #831 on: Feb 07, 2010, 08:53 PM »
i agree, the ice is not going any where for a long period of time...def. put my name on the list if ya start one

Offline russjess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #832 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:16 AM »
where are the fish biting there big lake little lake night or morning anything that would help me out there would be nice thanks plan on going thursday

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #833 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:16 AM »
i think its best at dusk... 4-8 on the big lake. i have never tried the  little lake..i have my permie on the big lake thats why i havent tried the little lake..all you can do is drill a lot of holes. yellows are not stayin put they are moving constantly.. hope this helps ya out a little

Offline labman35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #834 on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Is it going to be worth the 3 hour drive to come up the week or the feb 20? Or should i just stay home and fish down here. Any help would be great

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #835 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Prolly gonna be a bit treacherous getting around on the lake beings we just got 10 inches of snow and 30mph winds.  Anyone gotta report?

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #836 on: Feb 10, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Prolly gonna be a bit treacherous getting around on the lake beings we just got 10 inches of snow and 30mph winds.  Anyone gotta report?

spent two hours plowing a road so people can get out.  everybody should give a big thanks to dan at the local bait shop. 

Offline whip2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #837 on: Feb 10, 2010, 03:45 PM »
 ???Well IAEYE, which "Local" Bait shop would you be talking about?

Would like to make sure I go to the right place to buy the bait I would use to drive out on that road.

Thanks
whip2

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #838 on: Feb 10, 2010, 03:50 PM »
???Well IAEYE, which "Local" Bait shop would you be talking about?

Would like to make sure I go to the right place to buy the bait I would use to drive out on that road.

Thanks
whip2

That would be The Crazy Minnow in Clear Lake.

Offline whip2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #839 on: Feb 10, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Thanks Blue

Kind of what I thought but wasn't sure because there are a couple of other bait providers.

I wiil make sure I stop in & buy some bait & ask where to head to so I can get on the ice.

whip2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.