Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431487 times)

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #720 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:38 PM »
The vanilla gorilla and I knocked them dead tonight.  We hauled them up for over an hour straight.  We had 12 over 11" too.  No walleyes though.  I'll try to post pictures later.
ganna be there fishin tomarrow what are they biting on and where  are they biting would take gps coordinates if anyone has them im from algona and dont get there much but would like a starting point thanks.
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #721 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:18 AM »
You're right, when they come, they come. We had two poles out each initially and we had all we could do to keep bait on the hook of one pole. By the time the lure hit the bottom, you had another yellow. Its nice to see the Marcum lit up like a christmas tree!!

REALLY ??? Hmmmm... Where where ya all set up. Big or little lake? What depth

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #722 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:20 AM »
The vanilla gorilla and I knocked them dead tonight.  We hauled them up for over an hour straight.  We had 12 over 11" too.  No walleyes though.  I'll try to post pictures later.

Where are the pic ???

Something is fishy :unsure:

Offline isuhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #723 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:28 AM »
WOW, spent a few hours on Clear lake on Saturday afternoon.  Only caught 1 and had many many bites. Outdoormaster was right next to me and caught his fair share!

I love ice fishing even if its -15 degrees out!

Never seen so many ice huts set up in one area really neat to see, think I have found my newest addiction -- Ice Fishing!!!
Beginner -- any advice is appreciated!

Offline OutdoorMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #724 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:32 AM »
REALLY ??? Hmmmm... Where where ya all set up. Big or little lake? What depth

We were at Little Lake. Depth ~13-18ft. I won't give out the exact loc, but i can tell you that if one were to make an observation of Little Lake over the past week, everyone is spreading out over the ice. The local's shanty's were close to the shore last week, now they are spreading out.

Once you get one yellow, you have a few min before the school comes, and then its to the point that you had better be the world's fastest bait hooker, cause if your not feeding them they will move.

We had a Marcum, as we were telling the ISUHunter group when they were here, don't know about their fishin tactics yet... :P but when they came to the ice we had 4, when we left a hour or so later, we had plenty of yellow and a couple Walleye.

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #725 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:46 AM »
keeper walleyes outdoor master?

Offline OutdoorMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #726 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:47 AM »

negative. none yet. too small

Offline OutdoorMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #727 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:49 AM »

generally they have been following the yellows around

Offline OutdoorMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #728 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:56 AM »
how many permanent ice houses are on clear lake? has anyone been fishin up by farmers?

30ish or so. We saw some shacks out there, but if they are still out there i guess they are having some luck and not telling anyone yet.

Offline OutdoorMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #729 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:57 AM »
worst nite out there so far! 0 fish :( tryed a spot a ways away from the billion people....marked a few fish no takers! be out on the lake the next couple days!

any luck yet?

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #730 on: Jan 04, 2010, 11:32 AM »
was out last night in our permie(big old camper) the fishing was very slow but the vikes game on the radio was very good ;D. we caught three and i was out there from one to six.  My buddie fished right in front of my shack and realized that we were sitting right on a two foot drop(didnt know that when we put it out) he was in ten foot of water up against the shack pretty much and i was in tweleve inside it didnt seem to matter though we both marked and caught about the same amount of fish.  the fish surveyor stopped by and said it was slow all around the lake. people mostly had one or two and one group had twenty but he said they had been out there pretty much all day.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #731 on: Jan 04, 2010, 02:51 PM »
The boys and I put 15 yellows in the bucket on sunday nite in 2 hours in 12ft. we keep trying spots out away from "little lake central".  Have heard of some 50 to 100 fish days but that is hard to believe with the artic blast we have been under. Might start working farmers been pretty quiet on that side of the channel..   

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #732 on: Jan 04, 2010, 03:14 PM »
30ish or so. We saw some shacks out there, but if they are still out there i guess they are having some luck and not telling anyone yet.
are they around farmers bay?

Offline OutdoorMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #733 on: Jan 04, 2010, 03:57 PM »
are they around farmers bay?

couldn't tell at the time, just saw activity. i'm sure there are by now

Offline YellowSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #734 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:02 PM »
couldn't tell at the time, just saw activity. i'm sure there are by now

Moving my shack to farmers whenever i can get off work early enuff.  Fishd lil lake saturday from bout one in afternoon and stayd till 6 sun morning and we had 18 yellows.  No walleyes even after dark.

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #735 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:54 PM »
im thinkin bout moving my shack out ther soon here. first spot im goona put it is at farmers then go from there.

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #736 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:08 PM »
im thinkin bout moving my shack out ther soon here. first spot im goona put it is at farmers then go from there.
this coldfront sucks hope it breaks soon. was over that way tonight and wanted to go out and try it but was dark out and not familiar enough with the lake and didnt want to be where everyone else was.  just bought a new lazer mag today and really wanted to try it out.  seen somehouses out around the lake.  might head that way sat or sun hopefully things pickup. 
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline kauffman_matt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #737 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:18 PM »
Was thinking about heading up this weekend.  Can 4 wheelers get around on the lake?  I am south of ft dodge and don't want to drag it up if it won't do me any good.

Offline huntaholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #738 on: Jan 09, 2010, 03:59 AM »
Was thinking about heading up this weekend.  Can 4 wheelers get around on the lake?  I am south of ft dodge and don't want to drag it up if it won't do me any good.
I was down a couple days ago and everyone was driving trucks out. Ended up with 10 yellows and 6 little eyes.

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #739 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:06 PM »
what depth are most guys catchin fish at? by farmers bay?

:tipup:

Offline fishing nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #740 on: Jan 10, 2010, 01:03 AM »
what depth are most guys catchin fish at? by farmers bay?

:tipup:
               We were on clearlake Sat. evening and were in the crappies. No yellows doz. walleyes, to small to keep and caught 4 crappies 2 that were 13 " BIG slab crappies. What a suprise, thought we would be in the yellows, but guess not these HUGE crappies came in instead. What a treat to see these monsters instead of the typical yellows. Might post pic. if can do so.

Offline thordoggydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #741 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:34 AM »
sweet... gotta like those big slabs. Have seen some in there but always few and far between!!!

Offline glowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #742 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:50 AM »
went last nite caught 11 big yellows, buddys caught 7 ,. Gonna try today maybe the channel ,heard there gettin them there, just rumors, gotta try, heard farmers is pretty slow, pump house must be bad havent seen to many people over there yet ,everybody stay warm.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #743 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:59 AM »
Hope people are practicing catch and release with the breeding stock crappies. :-\

The lake is in a bad state now from the overharvest of walleyes. 

Offline coldfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Do you like my lighted doorbell button?
« Reply #744 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:15 PM »
We finally got out last night for the first time. We're off farmers. I got skunked but bug managed 4 small yellows and one keeper eye. Hope it's better tonight.

FISHIN TILL THE BOTTOM DROPS OUT!

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #745 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:35 PM »
fished the east side of the lake tonite! 23 yellows 12ft of water.....guess there is fish all over the lake and not just in the little lake! gonna fish during the day 2moro and see what i can do on the east side again!

Offline glowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #746 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:53 PM »
went today from 3 to 6 got 7 yellows would like some eyes or even the crappies does anybody know how the channle is doin sounds like the east side of lake might me a scoutin trip on a good day to travle the lake

Offline glowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #747 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:55 PM »
fished the east side of the lake tonite! 23 yellows 12ft of water.....guess there is fish all over the lake and not just in the little lake! gonna fish during the day 2moro and see what i can do on the east side again!
u buy the sea wall area if u dont mind me askin

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #748 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:40 AM »
spent the whole weekend on clear lake in our ice shack. Nothing fast and furious by any means.  Friday night was our best i thinkk we got 15 fish. saturday morning we got five. saturday evening was real slow i think we only got a couple, and sunday morning we got seven and six more throughout the day the evening bite saturday and sunday sucked. Nothing was caught on our rods over night either.  I am wondering about the channel.  I feel bad for the lone guy that was out there at the start of last week cause last night the majority of the people were there. i guess thats what happenes when you tell the local bait shops and one or two people you pounding fish.

Offline IceMan*Holm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #749 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Is anyone having anyluck after dark?  ???   I work all day and would like to get into a few at night. Any info would be great

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.